Bellazon

Ana Ivanovic
Thumbnail

aldago

Ana is with Mario Ancic? I didn't know about that.

How well do they both get along with Jankovic? I feel like Jelena and Ana din't get along.

I don't think Ana and Jelena actively dislike each other but I don't think they're the best of friends. I'm pretty sure they've never been on the Fed Cup squad at the same time as each other but I don't know if that's just coincidence or avoidance.

:laugh: Wishful thinking on someone's part.

Right at the beginning of that there's a bit where Mario is standing in front of a big lit-up screen. It's from a fashion show he did at Indian Wells 2005 along with Anna Chakvetadze, Feliciano Lopez and Jelena Jankovic among others. I'd really like to get video of that for my fellow Anna fans.

post-9426-0-1446104519-76235_thumb.jpg

Ivanovic battles back for win

Serbian teenager Ana Ivanovic fought back from a set down to win the first title of her career on clay, defeating Russian third seed Svetlana Kuznetsova 3-6 6-4 7-6 in the final of the German Open.

The tall 19-year-old from Belgrade, seeded 12 here, started nervously at the Steffi Graf Stadium, allowing the powerful world number four to race into a 3-0 lead inside 10 minutes.

But after losing the first set, Ivanovic battled back with some robust hitting of her own and held her nerve to take the decisive tie-break 7-4 when Kuznetsova hit a forehand long.

The Serbian may rise as high as eight in the world when the updated rankings are published on Monday from 16 currently.

Kuznetsova was playing her second match of the day, having earlier beaten world number one Justine Henin in their interrupted semi-final begun on Saturday.

Well according to that article she might be 8th.

Yup, Ana will be #8 on Monday. In the Top 10 for the first time. :D

This was a really exciting match. Ana injured her ankle retrieving a shot that unexpectedly dropped short after clipping the tape. She won that point but spent the rest of the match in pain after having her ankle patched up by the trainer. A great fight to win this title!

Oh. I'm not good with women's ranking and points. Like with the men I know exactly how many points so and so needs to surpass so and so and how much most of the tournaments are worth. With women I don't keep track. I just check the rankings instead of trying to figure out the pints breakdowns.