Bellazon

Ana Ivanovic
Thumbnail

aldago

• 1 month later...

Ana's Busy Off-Season

She had a milestone season that included winning her first Grand Slam singles title at Roland Garros and subsequently ascending to No.1 in the world, but what has Sony Ericsson WTA Tour superstar Ana Ivanovic been up to during the off-season?

One major part of the young Serb's off-season endeavors was helping launch the UNICEF Christmas Gift Campaign in Serbia. Items such as teddy bears, greeting cards and other toys are being sold and 100% of the funds raised go to UNICEF's priority programs in Serbia. Ivanovic, with Serbian basketball star Sasha Djordevic, appears in the program's ad campaign.

"When I was a kid I used to receive UNICEF cards. Now, I am sending them. It is a special pleasure to know that each UNICEF card and product, apart from making a person who receives it happy, directly helps at least one child."

The programs that benefit from the campaign are aimed at promoting a rights-based approach to the survival, development and inclusion of all children from conception through adolescence, particularly focusing on those children who are excluded due to factors such as ethnic background, disability, poverty, violence, abuse or exploitation. Ivanovic heads UNICEF's School Without Violence program in Serbia, and she visited a school in Belgrade this off-season as well.

Ivanovic has graced the covers of several magazines since the season ended, including L'Equipe Sport & Style in France and Regio Aktuell in Switzerland.

In addition to all of the aforementioned, the 21-year-old has attended two Real Madrid soccer matches, the Serbia vs. Bulgaria soccer match in Belgrade and a concert in Belgrade. She arrived in Queensland, Australia last week, already getting prepared for the upcoming Australian Open - only a few weeks away.

For more information on Ivanovic's involvement with UNICEF in Serbia, the magazine covers or her other endeavors, check out her official website, at www.anaivanovic.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Just don't get the big deal with this girl. She's too vanilla...maybe I spend too much time in the model threads.

for an athlete shes pretty much as good as it gets though. :laugh:

exactly. for an athlete she's hot, compare her too the models or even some actresses and she falls short. same goes for maria sharapova and kournikova.