Bellazon

Martial Arts

jig

Took Karate for 7 years... then quit.

Meh

My method to loosing weight and body fat, and increasing muscles...

Don't eat useless food for your body... smaller more frequent food servings.

Drink a TON of water - Water is great for you (removes impurities - and makes skin cleaner), and it fills you up so you dont eat greasy fatty snacks.

Eat apples and celery - Your body uses more energy breaking these items down then they contribute... So essentially you loose calories just by eating them

Running / Jogging - Increases cardio, the most important part in the body. Without cardio, nothing else is possible. Period. As well, it releives stress, and makes you feel great. 1 hour burns about 3000 jouls which is approx. 700 Calories.

3500 Calories = 1 Body Pound.

Weight Training - Mainly upper body and back and stomach - More muscle = Quicker metabolism. Makes you have more energy. Simple enough.

Stretching/Yoga (New to this) - I have found it extremely relaxing. Not only that, I find myself way more awake and limber during the day. I would reccommend it.

• 4 months later...

I took Krav Maga, but I have no time at the moment... and now Kick-boxing.

Both are fantastic! I heard that Combat Kalaki is also very good.

When I was in Warsaw in August I saw a banner of Sambo school. It's real combat... does anyone know it? Sambo is from Russia and Vladimir Putin is one of the masters of Sambo.

• 2 weeks later...

My older brother is super into Braziallian Jiu-Jitsu-Gracie Jiu Jitsu and is sort of getting into Muay Tai boxing. And apparently it's impressive stuff, seeing as he's kicking everyone's asses in tournaments. And he makes me watch UFC too. <_< Why-I do not know.

Edited by Britt87

• 2 months later...

my advice; if you want to be in martial arts permanent, do aikido til you die! and you may add something whenever you want. i do aikido for one year and in addition to aikido i am planning to do kung-fu but it's hard to find a good instructor here in turkey <_<

oh btw the best side of aikido ; you can almost do it in all countries with your passport (there is a passport which shows your degree and seminars you joined)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
BJJ alone isnt a MMA, neither is any other form....MMA= taking multiple martial arts that complement eachother to make a well rounded fighter....for example taking muay thai for stand up/clinchwork and bjj for ground fighting, which is a pretty common combination for MMA fighters

well BJJ is in a way the father of MMA,

I m purple belt in BJJ under vitor shaolin ribeiro and 6 years of muay thay and vale tudo...

cool to see people in here who love MMA

• 2 months later...

I have been doing MMA for 5 yrs now. I love it! Unfortunately due to a lack of time atm I can't do it as much as I want to. Before that I used to play baseball. Not very common in Holland though.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...