Bellazon

News

Ok people, the Primetime Live website now says that it will be shown on Wednesday, March 9. It reads: "A Diane Sawyer Exclusive: Model Petra Nemacova speaks for the first time on television about her harrowing fight for survival and the heartbreak of losing the love of her life." I posted the link the official website in my last post.

are you sure primetime airs on wednesdays?

I'm watching "20/20" on ABC. They just showed a preview of the feature on Petra. It is on Wed the 9th at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central.

I just recently learned about her ordeal. That must have been a horrible experience. My heart goes out to her, and all who were affected by that tsunami. :( :heart:

Missing UK Photographer ID'd in Thailand

Tue Mar 8, 7:08 AM ET

LONDON - Officials in Thailand have formally identified the body of a British fashion photographer who was killed by the Asian tsunami while holidaying with his girlfriend, Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova, an official said Tuesday.

A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office confirmed that the body of Simon Atlee, 33, had been found and was identified on March 3. She said his family were aware and British officials were working on having the body repatriated.

Atlee and Nemcova, 25, were vacationing in the resort of Phuket when the waves swept through their beach hut. Nemcova reportedly survived by clinging to a tree for eight hours as the water swirled around her. She suffered a broken pelvis.

The Foreign Office spokeswoman said 79 Britons were confirmed dead in the tsunami, while 112 were missing and highly likely to have been killed. She said she didn't know if the number of confirmed dead included Atlee.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nemcova Discusses Surviving Tsunami

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Petra Nemcova talks about her harrowing experience and the death of her boyfriend, Simon Atlee, in the pounding waters of the Asian tsunami, in an interview to air on ABC.

"There are lots of things which I would love to tell him, but in some way, I also feel that I lost the person closest to me," the 25-year-old supermodel tells Diane Sawyer on "Primetime Live," airing Wednesday (10 p.m. EST). "And I got a second chance to live. So in a way I feel that I live for both of us ... and I will do my best."

Nemcova and Atlee, a 33-year-old British fashion photographer, were vacationing at the resort of Phuket in Thailand when the waves swept through their beach hut on Dec. 26. Nemcova was pulled away from Atlee and eventually clung to a palm tree for nearly eight hours before being rescued.

Nemcova, recovering in her native Czech Republic, says her pelvis was breaking "many times, I was just screaming at the top of my lungs."

At one point, she believed she was going to drown.

"You just start (to) swallow the black water. ... It was quite peaceful in that moment, because I thought it's, you know, 'that's it. All right.'"

While clinging to the palm tree, Nemcova said, "the hardest thing is just, you know, not knowing if Simon's still somewhere. And needs help."

Officials in Thailand said Tuesday that Atlee's body had been found and identified on March 3.

Dr. Elton Strauss, chief of orthopedic trauma and adult reconstruction at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York, said Nemcova fractured every bone in her pelvis and is "truly a miracle person. I don't know how she survived."

Nemcova says going back to modeling isn't in her thoughts: "In the moment, I live day by day."

The official death toll from the tsunami ranges from 173,324 to 182,340. The number of missing ranges from 107,853 to 129,897 — with most presumed dead

wow, i honestly didnt think they would ever find his body.  at least now he can have a proper funeral, and maybe some closure for petra :(  :cry:

:( :cry: Well, at least now she knows. Its probably better knowing what happened to him than to have him still being unaccounted for after all this time. I really feel bad for the families who loved ones are still unaccounted for after all this time. :cry: :cry: