Bellazon

Tokio Hotel
Thumbnail

Nixie

post-9343-0-1446429193-76262_thumb.jpg

Tokio Hotel is a German band founded in Magdeburg, Germany in 2001 by singer Bill Kaulitz, guitarist Tom Kaulitz, drummer Gustav Schäfer and bassist Georg Listing.[8] The quartet have scored four number one singles and have released two number one albums in their native country, selling nearly 5 million CDs and DVDs there.[9] After recording an unreleased demo-CD under the name "Devilish" and having their contract with Sony BMG terminated, the band released their first German-language album, Schrei, as Tokio Hotel on Island Records in 2005. Schrei sold more than half a million copies worldwide and spawned four top five singles in both Germany and Austria.

In 2007, the band released their second German album Zimmer 483 and their first English album Scream which have combined album sales of over one million copies worldwide and helped win the band their first MTV Europe Music Award for Best InterAct. The former, Zimmer 483, spawned three top five singles in Germany while the latter, Scream, spawned two singles that reached the top twenty in new territories such as Portugal, Spain and Italy. In September 2008, they won their first MTV Video Music Award for Best New Artist. They also picked up the Headliner award at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 held in Liverpool on 6th November 2008.

Information from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokio_Hotel

15 years ago I probably would've been a big fan too. I quite like their music and style. I think they'll be a big hit in Asia. Didn't thought they would make it in the US, but it seems I've underestimated them.

Bill's quite cute too, but he really needs to think about his hair, it's getting slightly more ridiculous by the minute.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

^You thought Tom (the guy with the dreads) was a girl? I can see how you thought Bill was a girl, but .. Tom?

And I'm a Tokio Hotel fan too, by the way, since their first single (Durch Den Monsun) came out. Though I haven't paid much attention to them the past four months.

And there's a new album coming up, in German. Yay.

• 4 weeks later...