Bellazon

Selena Gomez
Thumbnail

glassONION

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like her more than that Miley Cyrus. Its a shame she doesn't get as much press or attention, but that may be a good thing because she might end up like Miley. Anyways I think she is very cute and sweet and she isn't trying to look or act to old for her age. She dresses very age appropriate but still classy for her age.

She is such a sweet girl. Its nice for her to go out of her way to help and raise awareness. :heart:

Teen queen Selena Gomez might be just seventeen years old, but she's already got her head screwed on right - as is evidenced by her current Twitter status. Says Gomez, who's spending this week in Africa after being appointed the youngest ever UNICEF ambassador: I'm having such a wonderful time helping and learning about this culture and life! Love you!

UNICEF, which is headquartered right here in NYC at the United Nations Plaza, is an organization that works to combat the unnecessary deaths of the world's children. You've probably collected pennies for UNICEF on Halloween before; but Gomez, who stars on Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place, has decided to take her personal donation a step further. In an official statement, Selena revealed that she'd be heading to Ghana to see firsthand the deplorable conditions in which children live without clean water, education, and basic healthcare.

Said Selena: “Everyday 25,000 children die from preventable causes. I stand with UNICEF in the belief that we can change that number from 25,000 to zero. I know we can achieve this because every moment, UNICEF is on the ground providing children with the lifesaving assistance needed to ensure zero becomes a reality.”

In hopes of keeping her fans updated and opening their eyes to the ways in which the children of Ghana live, Selena tweeted a bunch of photos from her trip so far. Says the star: “ got a lesson in how to dance, then we flew to Tamale, Ghana to visit kids who told us about how UNICEF is helping them. I also went to visit a tribe where the women gifted me with an outfit they hand made. Then I got to hold a new born baby.”

To say her fans are proud of her is an understatement - even Taylor Swift got in touch with her BFF, tweeting to Selena: "I'm so proud of you, those pictures are beautiful. Call me when you get home, I know you've probably got some amazing stories"

post-26984-1252265417_thumb.jpg

post-26984-1252265440_thumb.jpg

post-26984-1252265477_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...