Bellazon

Jourdan Dunn
Thumbnail

she_was_like..

Five Minutes With... Jourdan Dunn

From her guilty pleasures and most-prized possessions, to the book and album that she can't get enough of, Vogue asks Jourdan Dunn the all-important questions.

What’s the one thing that you wish you could tell your 16-year-old self?

There are so many things. Don’t be scared of your voice; don’t let other people’s opinions and comments define who you are; love yourself. All of that, but then again I feel like it’s good that I didn’t think of myself like that because it’s part of the journey and you learn.

What’s the most-read book on your bookshelf?

My go-to book is The Power Within You by Louise Hay. When I first picked it up that’s when everything just made sense to me. It’s quite simple, learning to love yourself, but then it's hard when you don’t see yourself that way. It’s hard to look in the mirror and say good things about yourself, you get kind of emotional and it’s hard to draw that out. But that’s my go-to whenever I’m feeling a bit down. And I highlight some quotes to get me going.

What’s your guiltiest pleasure?

I think, especially after I’ve been way from home, I like to block out the day and go on a real binge of watching like Hollyoaks and Ex On The Beach. I remember when Celebrity Big Brother was on I came back home and had a day of watching all of that.

Who would play you in the film biopic of your life?

Automatically, I thought of Zoe Saldana. But then I really like that young actress from Blackish - Yara Shadidi. I think she’s a big talent.

What’s your most treasured item in your wardrobe?

I’m going to say my pair of red October Yeezys, because they cost like $5000.

If you could raid anyone’s wardrobe, whose would it be?

Probably Rihanna’s.

What's your favourite quote of all time?

I'm going to say, "You owe it to yourself to set the world on fire". I got it tattooed on me. It’s just a reminder of where I started and where I’m going. I owe it to no one but myself to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be. So it’s a nice friendly reminder.

What song/album would be the soundtrack to your life?

A singer called Teedra Moses, her album – Complex Simplicity. Going through a break-up, or just wanting to feel uplifted, that is my go-to.

Where is your favourite place in the world and why?

Home. London, England. Being at home with my family. Home is where the heart is.

What was your life goal when you were 10?

Probably making my mum let me spend another extra hour outside playing with my friends.

If you could invite four people – living or dead – to dinner, who would they be?

I would want to invite Amy Winehouse, Tupac, Aaliyah and someone fun... Chris Rock! You need a comedian, you need someone who's going to bust out a joke or two.

What three things would you save from your house in a fire?

I would say my Missguided bomber jacket because I need to be warm, my phone and - mind you, my son’s already out the house, right? Because obviously, I’d make sure that he’s good! And then I feel like I’d have to grab my skincare stuff and vanity bag.

Who are your favourite Vogue cover girls of all time?

Definitely Naomi, hands down. Iman. And, I mean, Kate always looks great.

source: vogue.co.uk

On 29/04/2017 at 8:46 PM, Sunshiine said:

T MAGAZINE SINGAPORE MAY 2017

PHOTOGRAPHER: DENNIS LEUPOLD
STYLING: TOK WEI LUN
HAIR: YUSEF WILLIAMS
MAKE UP: PORSCHE COOPER
NAILS: CANDICE IDEHEN

^ HQs

zHmOStrW.jpg 1FtTomUc.jpg DNs6SZVd.jpg uWHuF5IU.jpg WtDzX0yf.jpg mogngl8K.jpg F022kQ6w.jpg 3kfEcRJ6.jpg mtngIopd.jpg qyLpb93p.jpg wg9j0Yqp.jpg

source: visualizing.fashion

kOIeT6XU.jpg     tgSz18UL.jpg

fQOV5542.jpg     1URZrMQr.jpg

dhrcviez.jpg     DWeZinSE.jpg

mfsjeU5I.jpg

Insider View: Getting Ready For The Met Gala

What was it like the first time you attended the Met Gala?

"It was in 2008. I was 17 years old and sooo nervous! I had never attended anything like that before and had no idea what to expect. I remember I cried the night before because I was overwhelmed. What if I trip, what am I going to talk about? Haha! I look back now and say to myself, 'Well you handled that well for being 17 years old.'”

What do you think of this year’s theme?

"I wanted to have fun with the theme. I wanted to recreate an authentic Commes Des Garçons look. Celebrate her aesthetic."

Tell us about your outfit – how you chose it, how it feels etc.

"We have been working on the dress for about a month. A sort of Commes De Geometric distortion."

How do you decide whose after-party you’re going to go to?

"I think I’ll swing by the Rihanna after party. Let’s see! You never know where the night will lead."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/met-gala-2017-jourdan-dunn-getting-ready-hm