Bellazon

Jourdan Dunn
Thumbnail

she_was_like..

^I was just going to see if somebody mentioned this award in Jourdan's thread :heart:

I am so happy she got it! She truly deserved it :hehe:

She's the next Naomi (I hope)! You know, I even think they kinda resemble each other. I just hope she won't follow Naomi's behaviour, but her career, hey, why not :p

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Jourdan in Vogue US!

Of course, the concept of this editorial is so :cain: so not innovative etc., but nice to see Jourdan.....not happy of Chanel though :whistle: wish she was replaced by Arlenis, Jourdan and Arlenis look great together.

^ Well, Chanel & Jourdan are the most successful ~young~ black supermodels out right now. And even though people can't stand Chanel, which I don't understand at all, we all have to remember before designers started having more then one black model on their runway Chanel held her own and walk for those designers who hadn't had black models walk for them in years, some decades. I remember seeing her walk for Valentino & Alexandre Mcqueen when she was only 14 yrs old and thinking this girl really does have what it takes in spite of what many people think about her and wished happened to her. And when people say things like the other model should have been "Arlenis, Sessilee ect." in the editorial instead of Chanel or another black model walk for a certain designer taking Chanel's place. Why can't another black model be on that runway with her? Or better yet why not have a different black model on the cover of Vogue, Bazzar, Esquire, l'Offiel Magazine ect. for three issues in a row or more times?What puzzles me the most is given the lack of black models out already, why does Chanel have to be replaced? There are many models out that I don't really find to be all that interesting but their models and that is there job at the moment. I don't expect then to change their occupation just because I don't think they can model all that well. People in the fashion industry happen to think otherwise and those models are getting booked for jobs regardless of what I think about them. My point is, this girl has done alot and has earned her success and more! Let's not make what few black models we have out right now compete with each other. I don't know Chanel personally but she couldn't possibly be has horrible as most make her seem.

I get your point.

Well, there is something really irritating in Chanel, and I don't find her to be a very good model. Sure, she's lucky, she somehow made a change..... But, you know, if it would be Karlie or Alyona in some editorial, I probably also would say why there isn't another model replacing her, because I don't like them ;)

Seems like more and more black models are becoming successful, even though there aren't too many, still :/ I wish Jaunel got more famous, she's excellent.

YAY!!! jourdan got a cover!!! :clap: wow a black model actually got a cover! her and chanel make me sooo proud and i hope they both get more covers and hopefully some major campaigns because im tired of the same old girls who get praised for what they do when chanel and jourdan deserve alot more and work twice as hard! also stop comparing jourdan to naomi they're two different people! jourdan will be the next jourdan and thats it! :angry: