Bellazon

Miscellaneous

Neo52285

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gisele Bundchen • 1999 NYC Nightlife Series, post number 6 • Calvin Klein held his fall fashion show at Milk Studios in NYC. I was assigned to photograph the backstage happenings as well as the fashion show itself for Patrick. Gisele (@gisele) was 19 at the time and just breaking out as the new style of model. In 1999, Vogue credited her emergence as the end of the 90’s “heroin chic” look. I knew who she was and waited until she was done at her make-up station to approach her. When I asked Gisele if I could photograph her, she nodded with a smile and immediately went right into this deadpan stare. She knew what she was doing. I began firing away. I was shooting tri-x film with an on camera flash pointed directly at her. After about 12 frames I thanked her and wandered over to the other model stations. Looking back, I wish I’d approached it much differently from a lighting perspective. But that goes for most of my photos that I look back on. The images from Calvin Klein’s show ran in Vogue.

Il3kpiqv.jpg

mtr_photography

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of our most frequently asked Q’s: ? “How do I get #Gisele’s amazing hair color?!” It's only highlights with 20 volume bleach - which she does 2 or 3 times a year, if I'm lucky! She’s so low maintenance! There is no base break, etc. - Here is a #TB view of Gisele’s hair in natural daylight, using all of our #harryjoshprotools! ?

22582647_1254488988023240_2828252195097411584_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, michelabella said:

One of our most frequently asked Q’s: ? “How do I get #Gisele’s amazing hair color?!” It's only highlights with 20 volume bleach - which she does 2 or 3 times a year, if I'm lucky! She’s so low maintenance! There is no base break, etc. - Here is a #TB view of Gisele’s hair in natural daylight, using all of our #harryjoshprotools! ?

22582647_1254488988023240_2828252195097411584_n.jpg

Her hair was one one my goals! :D

Simply wonderful

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...