Bellazon

Where Have All The Healthy Male Models Gone?

jOEh

I was .. I'm still terrified everytime that I see this pic

my first thought was, is he alive? :blink:

and this .... :cry: the readhead one is a man or a woman? you even don't know who's the girl and whos' the man!

How far is too far to go for fashion?

does anyone remember how healthy the male models looked in the 80's? they looked like men

ellis80sad3.jpg

00040f.jpg burberrySS08_6.jpg

That picture is disturbing.

The male models are looking too effeminate and skinny. Who is their target audience is my question?

I like to see a rugged and muscular man with a nice beard walking down the runway. But I guess it works the same way here as the women, its about the clothes not the model.

Where are the Tyson Beckfords of the world?

I am so glad to hear that I am not he only one that is missing the masculine looking men. Don't get me wrong I like a pretty man as well as any but I like them to at least look like a man. Muscles and definition gets me going every time...

bony chest, bony butt and thin legs not so hot... bones should only be shown on parts of the body that are appropriate...

knees, ankles and such.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i totally agree...we DO need more masculine models, not only like David Gandy, but also Andrew Cooper and Noah Mills, who are rugged AND masculine looking, not effeminate and puny looking....i totally agree with azgirl in that bones should be only seen on knees and ankles, and NOT on arms and legs...

• 3 weeks later...

Many designers play with that effeminated, androgynous look. I don't know what they pretend. Still there are many problems with anorexic or bulimic female models and they want to import the same problem to the male fashion catwalks.

These models need to go to the doctor and gain some weight. And is not only the models they choose, but the clothing they design. I'm not sure what women like but I don't think they would date a man who looks more feminine than them.

Many designers play with that effeminated, androgynous look. I don't know what they pretend. Still there are many problems with anorexic or bulimic female models and they want to import the same problem to the male fashion catwalks.

These models need to go to the doctor and gain some weight. And is not only the models they choose, but the clothing they design. I'm not sure what women like but I don't think they would date a man who looks more feminine than them.