Bellazon

Nancy O' Dell
Thumbnail

Meghann

Nancy O' Dell (Born: Nancy Evelyn Humphries)

Official Site:

http://www.nancyodell.com

Bio:

Named one of Television Week’s 10 Most Bankable Stars in Syndication and also ranked as one of the 20 Hottest Stars Right Now by Shape Magazine, Nancy O’Dell has proven to be a force in all areas of her life. As a journalist she currently co-anchors Access Hollywood. In addition, O’Dell contributes reports to NBC News’s Today show and Dateline. O’Dell was part of the original on-air team which launched Access Hollywood in 1996, serving as weekend co-anchor and weekday correspondent until becoming lead co-anchor in January 1999. O’Dell has since earned the reputation as one of Hollywood’s leading entertainment journalists. Beyond covering events such as The Oscars, The Emmys, The Grammys and The Golden Globe Awards, she has hosted the national Golden Globes Arrivals Special since 2000. In 2007, she hosted the backstage portion of the Golden Globe Awards telecast itself, a role made famous by Dick Clark. She also hosted The Emmys Pre-Show for Fox in 1999, ABC in 2000 and NBC in 2006. In 2002, she co-hosted NBC’s Emmys Post-Show and also hosted NBC’s Golden Globes Post-Show in 2003, 2004 and 2005. A member of the Academy of Country Music, she was the original host and consulting producer of Nashville Star, a nationwide search for the next great country music artist, for USA Network. In addition, she has been a co-host of NBC’s network coverage of the Tournament of Roses Parade for the past eight years, six of those years with Today weatherman Al Roker. In 2003 and 2004 she co-hosted ESPN’s ESPY Awards Red Carpet Show. She co-hosted NBC’s annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Rockefeller Center in 2004. Also in 2004, she was asked to host the lighting of the Christmas tree in California’s state capital by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Additionally, O’Dell co-hosted the Hollywood Christmas Parade from 1999-2002. Since 2000, O’Dell has been host of NBC New York’s annual coverage of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. O’Dell has co-hosted Miss USA since 2004 and Miss Universe since 2005.

An award-winning journalist, O’Dell has been honored with three Associated Press Awards, two Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Awards, and is a seven-time Emmy Award nominee. In addition, she was nominated two years in a row (1999 and 2000) for the prestigious ICG Publicists Guild Media Award, recognizing excellence in entertainment reporting. O’Dell began her broadcast career as a reporter and anchor at WPDE-TV in Myrtle Beach, S.C. She later worked as morning news anchor and crime reporter at WCBD-TV in Charleston, S.C. While in Charleston, O’Dell’s reports on police in that city re-writing tickets for driving under the influence (DUI) cases to less serious charges led to a State Law Enforcement Division investigation that resulted in a change in South Carolina law and state authorities re-issuing a more stringent directive regarding DUI cases. The Associated Press honored O’Dell’s report on the issue with the Best Report of the Year Award, for all media, in South Carolina. Following her work in Charleston, O’Dell served as co-anchor and investigative reporter for NBC’s Miami station, WTVJ-TV, before joining Access Hollywood.

During the 2004 election season, O’Dell was requested by First Lady Laura Bush to conduct an extended television interview with Mrs. Bush. Mrs. Bush again asked to speak with O’Dell just days before the 2005 Presidential Inauguration. Additionally, O’Dell interviewed Chris Heinz, stepson of Democratic challenger John Kerry, as well as First Daughters Barbara and Jenna Bush. Throughout election season, O’Dell contributed reports and offered commentary to multiple media outlets, including MSNBC and CNN.

Further, O’Dell has been a featured guest and host on a number of programs including ABC’s The View, The Today Show, Larry King Live, Martha Stewart, Fox & Friends for Fox News Channel, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch on CNBC, Scarborough Country, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Isaac Mizrahi, and CBS’s The Late, Late Show.

While earning her reputation as one of the preeminent entertainment broadcast journalists, O’Dell has additionally appeared in numerous television series and films. She has appeared in Thank You For Smoking, Scream 2, Scream 3, Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat, among others. Additionally, she has guest stared on several television programs including Charmed, Joey, Third Watch, Dirt, Beverly Hills, 90210, Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place, General Hospital, Just Shoot Me and Ally McBeal.

O’Dell is currently featured as the spokesperson in the national commercial campaign for Johnson & Johnson’s Acuvue products and Clear Channel Radio in Los Angeles made her face synonymous with the entertainment capital by using her in their commercial campaign as spokesperson for KBIG-FM. Additionally, she is also a featured part of the See My L.A. commercial and billboard campaign for LA Inc.: The Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Although O’Dell maintains a busy work schedule, she regularly makes time for philanthropic endeavors. In February 2002, she was inducted into the American Red Cross’s National Celebrity Cabinet, which was developed in 2002 as part of the Red Cross’s Entertainment Outreach Program to help the organization highlight important initiatives and response efforts. O’Dell also serves as a celebrity spokesperson for the March of Dimes (MOD). She has been a spokesperson for the March of Dimes since 1998’s Blue Jeans for Babies Campaign. The campaign’s goal was to raise awareness regarding pre-conception care for women who are of childbearing age and to help in preventing birth defects and infant mortality. In addition to raising awareness, O’Dell has spent countless hours raising funds for MOD. As a fund raising measure O’Dell attempted to make as many cameo appearances as possible on popular television programs. Ultimately, O’Dell hopes to surpass the record set by Alfred Hitchcock for cameo appearances made on TV series. In addition, she acts as an international board member for Best Buddies, a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. In June 2002, Best Buddies honored O’Dell with the organization’s Spirit of Leadership Award. This honor has previously been bestowed upon Muhammad Ali, Maria Shriver and Olympian Carl Lewis. O’Dell also serves as a Celebrity Ambassador for Childhelp USA, an organization committed to meeting the needs of abused and neglected children.

A native of South Carolina, O’Dell received a great honor when that state’s governor declared Feb. 1, 2006 Nancy O’Dell Day in the entire state. Additionally, she was inducted into South Carolina’s Music and Entertainment Hall of Fame in 1998 as the youngest member ever in recognition of her journalistic success. A star bearing her name can also be found along Myrtle Beach’s Sun Fun Festival Walk of Fame. An academic leader early on, O’Dell was valedictorian of her high school class, and is a summa cum laude honors graduate of Clemson University.

O’Dell lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Keith Zubchevich, Vice President of Riverbed Technology, and her two stepsons, Tyler and Carson from Keith’s first marriage. Nancy and Keith have one child together, daughter Ashby.

Resume:

HOSTING

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD (1996-Present)

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD RADIO WITH NANCY O’DELL

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD’S TOP 10 OF 2000 (NBC network special) ACCESS HOLLYWOOD HIT LIST (2004 NBC network special)

BACKSTAGE ACCESS: 2002 LIVE EMMYS POST-SHOW

BACKSTAGE ACCESS: 2003 LIVE GOLDEN GLOBES POST-SHOW

BACKSTAGE ACCESS: 2004 LIVE GOLDEN GLOBES POST-SHOW

BACKSTAGE ACCESS: 2005 LIVE GOLDEN GLOBES POST-SHOW

BLOCKBUSTER HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR

2004 CHRISTMAS IN ROCKEFELLER CENTER – LIVE SPECIAL

DATELINE NBC (Contributor)

2003 ESPY AWARDS RED CARPET ARRIVALS SPECIAL

2004 ESPY AWARDS RED CARPET ARRIVALS SPECIAL

2000 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2002 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2003 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2004 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2005 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2006 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL – LIVE

2007 GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS – LIVE

HYUNDAI PRESENTS THE 2005 TRIBUTE TO THE MOVIES ON ICE

1999 HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE – LIVE

2000 HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE – LIVE

2002 HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE

2004 MISS USA PAGEANT – LIVE NETWORK SPECIAL

2005 MISS USA PAGEANT – LIVE NETWORK SPECIAL

2006 MISS USA PAGEANT – LIVE NETWORK SPECIAL

2007 MISS USA PAGEANT – LIVE NETWORK SPECIAL

2005 MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT – LIVE NETWORK SPECIAL

2005 MICHAEL DOUGLAS & FRIENDS GOLF TOURNAMENT

2006 MICHAEL DOUGLAS & FRIENDS GOLF TOURNAMENT

NASHVILLE STAR – SEASON I (2003) – LIVE SERIES

NASHVILLE STAR – SEASON II (2004) – LIVE SERIES

OCEAN DRIVE MAGAZINE SPECIAL (Emmy Award winner)

1999 PRIMETIME EMMYS LIVE ARRIVALS SPECIAL

2000 PRIMETIME EMMYS LIVE ARRIVALS SPECIAL

2006 PRIMETIME EMMYS LIVE ARRIVALS SPECIAL

SECRETS FROM WISTERIA LANE

2000 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2001 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2002 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2003 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2004 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2005 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

2006 ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – LIVE

THE TODAY SHOW (Contributor) NBC

2000 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE

2001 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE

2002 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE (Emmy nominated)

2003 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE (Emmy nominated)

2004 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE

2005 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE (Emmy nominated)

2006 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE (Emmy nominated)

2007 TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE – LIVE

THE VIEW (Guest co-host), 2005

WTVJ-TV, 5:30 p.m. Evening news anchor (1994-96) NBC

NBG Radio

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

ESPN

ESPN

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

UPN

UPN

UPN

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

USA Network

USA Network

NBC Miami

Fox

ABC

NBC

WE: Women’s Ent.

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC New York

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

ABC

NBC Miami

TELEVISION

JOEY

THIRD WATCH

JUST SHOOT ME

THE WEBER SHOW

ALLY MCBEAL

MELROSE PLACE

THE SIMPSONS

BEVERLY HILLS, 90210

DIRT

CHARMED

HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS

V.I.P.

THE PRETENDER

PYRAMID

THE BRIAN BENBEN SHOW

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

GENERAL HOSPITAL

PORT CHARLES

SUNSET BEACH NBC

NBC

NBC

NBC

Fox

Fox

Fox

Fox

FX

The WB

Disney

Sony TV

NBC

Sony TV

CBS

NBC

ABC

ABC

NBC

FILM

THANK YOU FOR

SMOKING Dir.: Jason Reitman Fox Searchlight Pictures

THUMBSUCKER Dir.: Mike Mills Bull’s Eye Entertainment

MARTIN LAWRENCE

LIVE: RUNTELDAT Dir.: David Hubbard MTV Films

OUTTA TIME Dir.: Lorena David King Size Entertainment

SCREAM 3 Dir.: Wes Craven Dimension Films

SCREAM 2 Dir.: Wes Craven Dimension Films

THE BACHELOR Dir.: Gary Sinyor New Line Cinema

• 2 weeks later...

Access Hollywood Host Nancy O'Dell Weds

By Ulrica Wihlborg

Originally posted Wednesday July 06, 2005 06:00 PM EDT

Photo by: John Solano

It's wedding bells for Access Hollywood host Nancy O'Dell: The 39-year-old TV personality exchanged vows last week with business executive Keith Zubchevich, 36, in Santa Barbara, Calif., PEOPLE reports.

O'Dell's uncle, Dr. Kirk Lawton Jr., officiated the ceremony on June 29, before 65 guests at the Bacara Resort & Spa. Decked out in an ivory fitted Pamela Dennis Couture gown and Jimmy Choo heels, O'Dell cascaded down a white rose-petal-covered aisle toward her teary groom, who was flanked by his best men, his sons from his first marriage, Tyler, 10, and Carson, 6.

At the altar the couple, who first spotted each other in a security line at Burbank's Bob Hope airport 14 months ago, exchanged vows they wrote themselves.

Zubchevich pledged, "I'll always let you know that no one else comes before you," while O'Dell joked, "You say you love my cooking, and I think you actually believe it tastes good!"

Says O'Dell's sister and maid of honor Karen: "Everyone was crying because we were all so happy for them. Nancy's the happiest I've ever seen her."

Credit: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1080205,00.html

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell in Pregnancy Magazine

post-17383-1204010678_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1204010714_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1204010748_thumb.jpg

post-17383-1204010775_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1204010812_thumb.jpg

Access Hollywood host Nancy O'Dell, 41, who is expecting a baby girl with husband Keith Zubchevich in June, is the cover model for the Mother's Day issue of Pregnancy. In a six-page spread in the magazine, Nancy models summer pregnancy looks and chats about her pregnancy and daughter-to-be. The new baby will join big brothers Tyler, 11, and Carson, 7, from her husband's previous marriage. Access Hollywood will air behind the scenes footage of Nancy's cover shoot this week.

On cravings: I was craving baked beans at the beginning, big time. All of a sudden, if I didn't have some baked beans, I was going to go crazy. So we went to the store and bought 15 cans, and the craving lasted one day. So now I have 14 cans in my pantry. Also, I was craving animal crackers one time, but they had to be the kind in the circus box.

Surprises about being pregnant: The chivalry that's out there for pregnant women -- everybody's just so incredibly nice. They're just willing to help you carry anything. They open up all the doors. The other thing that has surprised me is how many times you have to go up in your bra size. I used to complain that I wanted a little more and a little more. Now I'm like, 'OK, they can stop now. They don't need to grow any more.'

Finding out the sex: We're the kind of people, if somebody gives a gift, we've got to open it right then. We just really wanted to know. We have two boys, so we kind of wanted to be able to tell them, so they could prepare a little bit too.

Preparations for baby: I'm trying to read the books, and I have my friends telling me, 'Oh this book is great, and that one is great,' and other friends saying, 'Don't read any books -- it will come instinctively.' I have baby classes lined up, because it'll be my first time giving birth. My husband says, 'I know what to do, I'll tell you what to do.' But I want to know for myself too, I don't want to learn on the fly.

Fears about motherhood: I have such a close and great relationship with my mom that sometimes it scares me. I think, 'How can I possibly live up to this?' Also, I feel like I don't know all the little things. I have nephews and I've changed diapers a lot, but I feel like I don't even know how to change a diaper right now.

Feelings during pregnancy: I have felt so good throughout the pregnancy; I've had a ton of energy. In the first trimester, I had moments where I would think of certain foods and think, 'If that comes near me, I'm going to get sick.' But I never ever physically got sick. I try and make sure that I get eight hours of sleep a night.

Pregnancy's affect on her job: It's been really helpful to the job. My boss says, 'Put Nancy out front right on the red carpet, because everybody's coming to her.' They all want to come over and touch your belly or say congratulations. I've done Access now for 11 years, so I know all [the celebrities] fairly well. Nobody's walking past me on the red carpet.

A change in personality: I stick up for my health so much more than I used to. If someone's doing something that I know is going to interfere with how I feel later in the day, or if I'm concerned about the baby, I do come out like a mother bear. I'm normally very passive and Southern. But it's just not me I'm taking care of anymore; there's another human being in here, and if I need to go get my lunch, I'm going to get my lunch!

What kind of mom Nancy wants to be: I want to be a very, very involved mom with a child that knows I love them more than they can possibly imagine. That's how it was with my mom.

On help from mom: My mom is my best woman friend, by far. I call her with every little piece of news I have. I get her feedback on everything. I know she has total unconditional love. I never in my life have felt like my parents were not there for me. I want my child to feel like I'm always there for them, no matter what.

Pregnancy's affect on her marriage: It's funny how your priorities shift a little bit when you do become pregnant. My priorities definitely shifted when I married my husband, who is the most wonderful man in the world. I've come full circle. Keith is such a wonderful man, and my stepsons are just unbelievably great kids, and I have a great career. On top of that, having a child is what makes me feel like, 'OK, life is finally complete. I'm in exactly the right place.'

Credit: Celebrity Baby Blog

Introducing Ashby Grace Zubchevich

post-17383-1204011119_thumb.jpgpost-17383-1204011141_thumb.jpg

Nancy O'Dell introduces her daughter Ashby Grace, 9 weeks, in the latest issue of People. The Access Hollywood host says she's been so enraptured with Ashby and motherhood that she has no idea who or what's in the headlines anymore.

The other day someone said to me, 'So what's up with Lindsay Lohan?' I said, 'I have no idea, but if you want to know how to change a diaper, I'll be happy to tell you!'

Nancy knows much more in addition to changing diapers. Husband Keith Zubchevich, 38, who has two sons, Tyler, 12, and Carson, 8, from his first marriage, calls his wife a "natural."

She knows by the way Ashby cries if she needs to be fed or have her diaper changed.

Keith chips in with some nice foot massages.

She loves Keith's foot massages. He now has little feet and big feet to rub.

The 41-year-old, who says her daughter's wardrobe "already rivals mine" with gifts from the likes of Halle Berry, returns to AH next month. She's been getting camera-ready by nursing, working out thrice weekly and doing ballet-based exercises, resulting in a 24 lb. weight loss. That leaves six more pounds to go. As for a diet, Nancy says,

Breastfeeding is the best diet [plan]. I want to eat healthy for Ashby, so it's easy to say no to pizza.

It'll also most likely be easy to say no to more hours at work too since Nancy cannot stand being away from her daughter, whom she calls a "happy baby," who "loves to laugh at little animal sounds."

I keep flashing a little light on her at night just to look at her. It's love like I've never felt before. My life is finally complete.

People Magazine August 27, 2007 Issue Page 88

Credit: Celebrity Baby Blog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...