Bellazon

Heath Ledger Dead

Qball

Actor Heath Ledger dies at 28

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday of a possible drug overdose in a Lower Manhattan apartment, the New York Police Department said. The Academy Award nominated actor was 28. "Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," police spokesman Paul Browne told CNN. "This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet." The pills appeared to be over-the-counter sleeping medication, said police spokeswoman Barbara Chen. Ledger was unresponsive when he was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said. The apartment is owned by the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, The New York Times reported. Ledger was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said.

In 2005, the actor played Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret relationship. The role earned him the Oscar nomination. Ledger was born in Perth, Australia. He has a young daughter with actress Michelle Williams, his co-star in "Brokeback Mountain." "He was just so respected in the industry," said Kim Serafin, senior editor of In Touch Weekly. "It's just horribly tragic. He was just a fine actor and a good person, so this is horribly sad and very unexpected."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/...dead/index.html

"The favorites of the gods die young"

[']

R.I.P., Heath :(

this has been a fucked week. first brad renfro, now heath....i just have my fingers crossed that the whole

'packages of three' when it comes to death saying is a load of bullshit :cry:

yeah, i can't believe it.

i was shocked abt brad..now heath..

why would heath take his own life?

i'm also sad that his daughter won't have a dad.

:(

and i hope that gemma ward won't be affected, cuz she was rumoured to be dating him...

oh well :(

My condolences to his family and young daughter. I recently lost my father and know what that young child must now face. My condolences to the Acting profession, in Australia and overseas as he had a rare talent that now sadly will never seek the fullest flowering. To his friends worldwide, you have lost a mate and I hope a true friend to to you all. Words at a time like this offer but the palest of comfort but sometimes it is all that we have. May your eternal rest be peaceful and the healing of others take an uninterrupted and natural course. VALE

this has been a fucked week. first brad renfro, now heath....i just have my fingers crossed that the whole

'packages of three' when it comes to death saying is a load of bullshit :cry:

yeah, i can't believe it.

i was shocked abt brad..now heath..

why would heath take his own life?

i'm also sad that his daughter won't have a dad.

:(

and i hope that gemma ward won't be affected, cuz she was rumoured to be dating him...

oh well :(

i know babyQ, you think cuz they lead such glamorous lives that all must be peaches and cream,

but they get depressed just as much, prolly if not more than your average joe.that kind of pressure on someone

who already has issues must be crushing.

his daughter is my number one concern, my best friends daddy offed himself and at 38 shes

STILL dealing with the consequences... lets think good thoughts michelles and the baby's way, because michelle will be dealing with it for the rest of her life too, through her daughter . hopefully the good vibes sent their way will help, somehow :(