Bellazon

I feel embarassed asking this but...

Neko10

Even with breast implants, your breasts will still get bigger when you're pregnant. You still have all your natural fat tissue and milk glands, so even with breast implants, those suckers are gonna grow! Of course, after you have the baby and breast feed (which most women can breast feed normally after having breast implants), your breasts would shrink to close to the size they were before or however your body would normally react to pregnancy/breast feeding. :) I don't mind answering any questions you guys have! :hehe:

Damn moiselles, that's really interesting! Thanks for sharing. :flower: The vomitting must have been horrendous, with the natural heaving and lurching that your chest does and the intense pain from your surgery.

How much did you pay, btw? And is there a difference in cost

between saline vs. silicone and under the muscle vs. above?

Sorry, I'm a very curious person and it's great to talk to someone with firsthand experience. :D

Sometimes the changes are so subtle, that it's hardly noticed. If the actress or model gets it done young enough or early enough on in her career, the results might not be noticeable. Especially with photoshop, you never know what is really real unless you've seen it in person.

Anyway, my point was that most breast implants turn out to be completely natural looking so long as the woman doesn't go overboard on the size of the implants for her body type/frame. :)

^ Exactly. It's so easy to criticize celebrities for plastic surgery. I think we forget they are human too with flaws and insecurities just like us. As long as someone does it for the right reasons, I don't see anything wrong with it! Obviously people can go overboard, but a little bit here and there isn't a big deal. I think we expect models and celebs to be naturally beautiful or perfect, but often times it's enhanced in some way, shape, or form, whether it's a nose job or collagen in the lip or breast implants.

I speak openly about my plastic surgery to give insight about it. I'm not afraid to admit I've had it done, everyone I know from friends to family to co-workers knows I've had it done. And they've seen how it has positively affected me. Plastic surgery can be a good thing, if done for the right reasons. One of my co-workers told me that I seemed so much happier and confident than I did before. :) I didn't even realize people could tell I was unhappy before!

Anyway, I'm not saying all the girls out there with insecurities should run out and get plastic surgery, I'm just saying that it is an option and it can help. I did 3 months worth of research before I even saw my doctor for a consultation (I saw 2 doctors actually, and would reccommend all women interested in plastic surgery see at least 2 different doctors before committing to the surgery). Then after that I had to wait 2 months before my surgery. So I had a good 5 months of thinking and planning before I even went under the knife. If planned out carefully, it can be a great decision. :hehe:

It's so easy to criticize celebrities for plastic surgery. I think we forget they are human too with flaws and insecurities just like us.

It's not that it's easy to criticise them. It's that they're in the public eye and are always being watched. It has a negative connotation and is likely to send out the wrong signals. Whatever their personal reasons, just think what sort of a message does it send to their fans, their idols, and the younger generation? When Anthony Keidis sings "Pay your surgeon very well to break the spell of ageing" and Peter Tägtgren sings "Silicon tits and silicon lips [...] Walking the white line of fantasy. Glamorous life is all you seek. Living in Hollywood make believe." they're very loaded remarks. In both cases it's talking about the dark side of stardom and being a celebrity. Hide this and distract from that is basically teaching young girls how to lie, and promotes the notion that surgically altering their body is better then getting women to respect themselves outside of the trite generalisations of society.

It seems so absurd when you're in a happy place, and have learnt to accept yourself for who you are and what nature gave you, to think that someone else is so unhappy that they actually want to pay to superficially enhance, hide or change their physical appearance in order to attain beauty or make them happy again. Then of course, it's also more likely that if you're constantly in the spotlight, it doesn't seem so far fetched that you're getting enhancements done all in the name of vanity.

I think that people should do whatever will make them happy, regardless.
^ Exactly. [...] As long as someone does it for the right reasons, I don't see anything wrong with it! Obviously people can go overboard, but a little bit here and there isn't a big deal.

I think we expect models and celebs to be naturally beautiful or perfect, but often times it's enhanced in some way, shape, or form, whether it's a nose job or collagen in the lip or breast implants. [...] Plastic surgery can be a good thing, if done for the right reasons.

It almost seems like you have a double standard about this. You agree 100% with Laffy, when she says people should do whatever makes them happy, regardless. But then you apply stipulations to this, saying that it is only fine so long as it's done for the right reasons; and as long as people don't go overboard; and that a little bit here and there is no big deal. So what, a little bit more than here and there is a big deal? What are the wrong reasons and what are the right ones? What would you consider going overboard, and where do you draw the line? Those are not rhetorical questions.

What if someone goes overboard with breast implants, in your eyes (Jodie Marsh?), but that makes her happy? Suddenly it's a big deal? She claims to have had them done for similar reasons as you. I think most, if not all women would claim it was to make them happy, and I don't think that's really unbelievable.

I don't know who Jodie Marsh is. I agree that people should do whatever makes them happy. It's not my money or my body. The right reasons for someone else may not be the right reasons for me. Frankly, I don't care what other people do with their bodies. All I know is what is right and wrong for me.

Going overboard, to me, is too much -- like Pam's multiple breast augmentations or the Wildenstein lady who looks like a cat. There are numerous examples. But it's not my choice or my money or my body. So people can do whatever they like. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...