Bellazon

Diane Kruger
Thumbnail

Monkey

Diane Kruger (born Diane Heidkrüger on July 15, 1976), is a German actress and former fashion model

Biography

Kruger was born in Hildesheim, Germany, and she started her career as a dancer in London when she was still young, but after an injury she changed her mind and went to Paris to become a model. She won Elite's 1992 "Look of the Year" at the age of 15. Kruger soon became interested in acting and took lessons at the Cours Florent. She landed some small appearances in several French movies. She then changed her last name for use with English-speaking audiences, to ease her move to a Hollywood career.

Kruger made her onscreen debut in 2002 opposite Dennis Hopper and Christopher Lambert in The Piano Player, a TV-movie by Jean-Pierre Roux. She played Julie Wood in 2003's Michel Vaillant and Lisa in Wicker Park (2004), alongside Josh Hartnett and Rose Byrne. Her most notable role to date is her portrayal of Helen in Wolfgang Petersen's epic Troy. In 2004, she starred with Nicholas Cage and Sean Bean (who co-starred with her in Troy) in the popular film National Treasure, going on to appear in movies such as Joyeux Noël (2005) and Copying Beethoven (2006). She is going to return for National Treasure 2, playing the role of Abigail Chase. The movie will be released in 2007 or 2008. Kruger married French actor Guillaume Canet on September 1, 2001. They have since filed for divorce. She is currently dating Canadian actor Joshua Jackson but she still lives in Paris.

Diane Kruger at IMDb

Diane Kruger at Wikipedia

Her acting in Troy was pretty mediocre.

So?

Mariah Carey's singing isn't that great, in my opinion, and you like her.

Well, that may be true, but she's outsold every female recording artist ever. lol

Alright, alright... We're here to celebrate beauty, not judge acting/singing skills... I started it and I'm going to end it.

diane.jpg

:D

• 4 weeks later...

And who, may I ask, would've been better suited for the role? Sure there are more beautiful women out their (*cough Adriana cough*), but how many tall skinny naturally blonde actresses are there? A few, but none of them match Diane, in my opinion, except maybe Cate Blanchett, but she was already Galadriel.

And who, may I ask, would've been better suited for the role? Sure there are more beautiful women out their (*cough Adriana cough*), but how many tall skinny naturally blonde actresses are there? A few, but none of them match Diane, in my opinion, except maybe Cate Blanchett, but she was already Galadriel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then why not Adriana? With the dark hair she also looks more like a Greek princess... Eva Mendes? Salma Hayek? If they went for history lessons, the story isn't about a bunch of blonde vikings, but dark haired mediterraneans. She probably even had a moustache when she turned 25...

Adriana isn't an actress, and considering that her English is apparently quite bad, I can't see that working... :blink:

I have not read the Iliad, so I cannot speak with any authority; you're probably right, they didn't have to choose a blonde girl. However, they did wish to choose someone less well known, and as Kruger had only been in a few small French films, and "National Treasure", she wasn't well known.

They chose her over literally thousands of other women, so clearly she had what they were looking for. It's easy for someone to just pop in here and say they could've found someone better looking, but the key is finding someone who 1) wants the part, and 2) they feel looks the part. Apparently she encapsulates the part in the eyes of the casting people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be a lot worse, no doubt. And she matches blonde Brad Pitt and blonde Alexander Farrell... But I'll still say that Adriana's BMW film makes her as much of an actress as Diane was when chosen :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well she is pretty and she looks gorgeous in her candids but I guess i was expecting a different looking person. I always pictured Helen of troy to look kinda like Angelina Jolie but i guess she was a blond so that wouldnt have worked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...