Bellazon

Sony PSP or Nintendo DS - Which is the better handheld??

chiva474128

pspds6ps.jpg

Ok...I've owned the Nintendo DS since it's launch and just recieved the PSP over the weekend and I have to say that the PSP is the coolest handheld device ever created. If I had to decide on the better handheld, I'd have to give the edge to the PSP, because of its versatility. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo's DS and it has the most potential between the two, but the lack of quality games that have produced is really hurting it's image in the eyes of gamers. So, what does everyone else think??

nintendo ds is basically a pda for kids. the psp was designed for a more mature comsumer. all sony entertainment systems are rated mature and up. they have some games that are rated E for everyone but most of sony playstation or psp games are rated mature. the psp plays dvd's. most children dont own many dvds like adults.

Are graphics really that important??

yes, graphics gives clarity to the games. i mean look at half life 2, halo 2, or even MOHAA. Without the proper vid card how would u be able to see where u r going in the game or how would u be able to see what is it. this of course is just my opinion some may agree and some may disargee.

When I said term "graphics" I meant detailed player models, bright colors, excellent framerates, cool effects such as lighting. I tend to think that gamers prefer gameplay over graphics. For example: GTA 3. Clearly, consumers did not buy this game for its pretty graphics.

Anyone else have an opinion on these two handheld gaming devices??

...but the handheld device market belong to nintendo and sony.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget N-Gage. :laugh: :laugh:

Guest quasicartes

Which one is better Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?

"The Sony PSP was built by God..."-South Park Episode 904 Best Friends Forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Actually, the PSP is the greatest handheld ever. It's such a little wonderbox. BUT there are not enough high quality games out there. That's the problem.

you're so right!

I love my PSP, but there's so few good games...

Still, I'm looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS :yes: