Bellazon

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Thumbnail

*Addicted*

Am I the only one who loves this cover? For me, this cover is fantastic. This is something else, something new, her pose and finally her smile. This photo perfectly fits on that cover. It's just my opinion, but I like it, finally a cover that is different from the rest.

Meet your new GLAMOUR cover star: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

The model-turned-actress covers GLAMOUR's June issue and talks life in LA, generation Instagram and how she nails the perfect selfie. 

Rosie on living in Los Angeles but being a British girl at heart:

“Oh my God. I miss everything about home. I get homesick a lot… I miss the culture. I miss the people and I miss the realness of Brits and the sense of humour.”

On when she gets asked how to take a perfect selfie, her response is:

“’Well, you need half an hour, you need great lighting, and you need to be prepared to take about 100 pictures of yourself, edit through 100 pictures of yourself and then filter them three times.’ You know, come on! Be real! That’s the way it is. I try to be mindful of that when I’m posting pictures, but again, it’s part of what I do and I hope that people don’t feel…that my social media is too obnoxious.”

On the Instagram generation:

“[I worry about] young girls out there who are really feeling insecure about their image and they scroll through and see this image of a supermodel looking amazing, reclining on the beach in a completely unrealistic pose or environment. And I can see how that would make people not feel good about themselves. I mean, I can’t say that I’m immune to that. Sometimes I’m like, ‘Fuck!’ You know? That doesn’t make me feel great.”

You can catch the full interview when the magazine goes on sale next week.

glamourmagazine.co.uk

Lovely interview. I like how she doesn't seem to have fame let it get to her head, she seems pretty real and down to earth, yet can be sassy and fun. Perfect combination :smile:  And I can imagine her missing home, but I do wonder after having lived in sunny LA for so long, how hard it would be to get used to the colder climate again. Do any of you actually think that, maybe one day, she'll move back to Devon, or somewhere else in England?

8 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Do any of you actually think that, maybe one day, she'll move back to Devon, or somewhere else in England?

Sunny California vs rainy England? My guess is that she'll stay in Cali.

Plus now with kid on the way he/she will have a life there so it will be tough to move back.

31 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Do any of you actually think that, maybe one day, she'll move back to Devon, or somewhere else in England?

No, I think she won't come back to England. She left England for a career and she now loves LA because she has been living there for a long time. Of course she will always be a British girl, she grew up in England, she has her family there. Jason is also a British, just like her. But they now have their lives in LA, they have a lot of friends here as well, so I think that when they start a family, they will stay in LA. They have a beautiful house, beautiful views, great conditions for their children. Their life together from the beginning was in Los Angeles, not in England, so I think that this means a lot to them :smile: 

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Sunny California vs rainy England? My guess is that she'll stay in Cali.

Plus now with kid on the way he/she will have a life there so it will be tough to move back.

I don't see her moving back to England anytime soon either, but her saying how much she misses the culture etc it got me wondering.

47 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I don't see her moving back to England anytime soon either, but her saying how much she misses the culture etc it got me wondering.

I'm sure she misses her home but at the same time it's a little bit of pandering to the home market too. It would be stupid to say to magazine from her country: "Nah, I don't miss it at all, Cali rocks!" Especially since a lot of her earnings come from that market. Never burn your bridges.

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

I'm sure she misses her home but at the same time it's a little bit of pandering to the home market too. It would be stupid to say to magazine from her country: "Nah, I don't miss it at all, Cali rocks!" Especially since a lot of her earnings come from that market. Never burn your bridges.

Good point :smile: 

Met Gala on this Monday. Rosie is there every year since 2010. So I wonder if she will be there this year. There is no information that she is currently in New York City, but there is still hope. Candy and Bee will be at the Met Gala, so I hope Rosie will be there too.

Her swim collection is really cute, I like it a lot! I wish it was sold in the US or didn't cost an arm and a leg to ship here. The Glamour ed is great, but yeah, I would have picked a different cover.

Hoping she goes to the Met but I wouldn't be surprised if she sat it out this year. Isn't she due pretty soon? 

Rosie was just 4 weeks ago at the F8 premiere in NYC and a few days ago at the opening of the new Paige store. Her bump is really big now, I suppose she will give birth around May/June. But yes, it's possible that she won't be at the Met Gala this year. Maybe she doesn't want to leave LA now. There is still hope, but we have to wait.