Bellazon

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Thumbnail

*Addicted*

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Let's get saucy

The Victoria’s Secret model and one of the stars next year of the infamous Pirelli calendar has some sage lingerie advice

20olstylelingerie660094.jpg

It’s December and we’re only five days away from Christmas D-Day. Which means, of course, that lingerie sales are booming.

At Selfridges alone, the average spend on luxury lingerie has gone up 16% on last year, and Harrods, too, reports double-digit growth over the same period. All of which means that the man in your life may well be hoping that, once you’ve unwrapped his gift, you’ll end up under the Christmas tree looking something like — well, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, most likely.

Don’t panic, though. Rosie, 22, one of the faces of Victoria’s Secret, has a few tricks up her sleeve. Having recently returned from strutting her stuff down the runway for the lingerie label’s annual fashion show (one of the most watched events on US television after the Super Bowl — check it out online at vsallaccess.com), she is also one of the stars next year of the infamous Pirelli calendar.

“I do believe in chicken fillets,” she says. “I’m not saying you have to use them, but if anyone knows me and sees me in a photoshoot, well, there are friends in there. I’m not a fan of that whole push-up look in the day. But, of course, you do need a lift with a sexy dress, so do what you’ve got to do, girls — shove them in there. I’ve been known to have three in at a time for shoots — plus padding.”

Feel better, yet? Possibly just as surprising is Rosie’s admission that “I don’t wear bras that often. If I do, I don’t like push-up bras — though they’re fun for the bedroom, I think”.

Ah yes, the boudoir. Rosie has other tips for that, too. Licking your lips, she says, is always a turn-on, and if you want to know how best to pose in your scanties, just flick through the Victoria’s Secret catalogue.

“As a model, you learn how to use your body and how to make people believe something. So I know how to do sexy: there’s the arched back, bum out, hands on the hips pose. That’s sexy in one way, though there are a lot of different ways to be sexy.”

In order to look your best in your (nearly) altogether, she recommends hitting the fake tan beforehand (maybe you should book in for a spray tan before December 25, just in case).

“I won’t do a lingerie shoot unless I’m tanned,” Rosie says. “I think most women will admit that they look better when they’re brown. I fake tan — but I don’t recommend sunbeds — and at work, they’ll put body make-up on.” Indeed, her fellow VS babe Selita Ebanks confessed to wearing “about 20 layers of make-up on my butt alone” for her walk down the runway.

Other things guaranteed to make our Rosie feel sexy include good hair (remember that VS catalogue — where would they be without a glossy mane?). “A really good tip for confidence is a good haircut,” she says.

“George Northwood at Daniel Hersheson is the best. For me, my hair is important before everything. Good sexy bedroom hair should be just a little tousled, nothing too neat. Also, drink a big bottle of water every day, as it will take away puffiness — Fiji is best. Everybody rolls their eyes at this tip, but it does work — water is the drug of God, that’s what I say.”

So what kind of undies is Rosie partial to? “I never match my underwear. It has to go together — it can’t be completely different — but it’s frustrating when you buy a set of lingerie and you can only buy one bra and one pair of matching pants. I’d like several pairs of knickers.

“It’s important to have good lingerie under your clothes, it makes you feel good,” she continues.

“If you put a designer top on over a skanky pair of knickers and an old bra, you’re not going to feel fabulous. It also shows self-respect.” She likes “girlie stuff, but I’m partial to a bit of suspender, too”. So does she, like most women, like to be given underwear as a gift?

“Oh, yes,” she says. “It’s quite a sensual gift and quite sweet for a man to give it — even though it’s obviously saying something. But it’s also them showing you what they think you look good in.”

(source: Times Online)

Well, I've taken many notes! :brows: (Yeah, even that Ebanks fact... :yuckky: )