Bellazon

Victoria's Secret (Non-Model Related Discussions)

PinkCouture

Wow I'd LOVE to work at VS!!! I just completed my college degree in Marketing but I've still considered actually going to the US to work in a VS store for a while just cause I love it so much lol, how much do you get paid? Do you get staff discount?? Actually would probably be a bad thing me working there, I'd spend all the money I make.

As for the sales, do you think there will be any decent sales boxing day (that's when all the major sales are here in New Zealand). Like to make an order online for some stuff e.g. the Sexy Little Things bras, beauty sets, pink panties, (I need to make one big order cause shipping costs so much), when would be the best time to do it do you think??

Oooh also, does anyone know what happened to the Beauty Rush lipglosses that were usually sold seperately? Now they only have the boxed set of 5 or 6 avaliable online, they're not selling them 3 for $15 anymore, anyone know if they'll bring this back?

THANKS to anyone who can answer my confusing questions :laugh: :heart:

Wow I'd LOVE to work at VS!!! I just completed my college degree in Marketing but I've still considered actually going to the US to work in a VS store for a while just cause I love it so much lol, how much do you get paid? Do you get staff discount?? Actually would probably be a bad thing me working there, I'd spend all the money I make.

that's not the whole american dream

:laugh: :wave:

Id figure it wouldn't be glamourus working there. I imagine you probably have to fold a lot of panties.

Although Moiselles strory is a bit scary. I hope I don't have to deal with anyone like that. I have heard that is tough dealing with an angry woman that can't find the right bra. Is it true that if you work at the register you have to convince people to get angel credit cards otherwise you get hours reduced?

The sale doesn't start until the 3rd but im planning on shopping this weekened.

I don't think until you work there can you fathom how much panties there are :| It is a never ending process of folding, esp. when some teenie-boopers come in and sabotages a whole bar within minutes you spent the last 2 hours folding <_< Not only that, they don't buy anything :avada: Sorry but I truly despise little kids :ninja:

Dealing with an angry client who can't find the right bra is the least of my problem. Everyday I fear I might be mugged/stabbed/shot/jumped after work by professional shoplifters who are pissed of b/c I refuse to do their fraudulent returns. I am not overexaggerating :cry: Most of these professional shoplifters are from bad neighborhoods where gangs reside. Someone already threaten me on the phone today---I got the police report to prove it!

It is not only at the registers you need to introduce the Angels Card, it is everywhere---at the fitting room and sales floor. Different stores deal with associate's credit performance differently. Some give official warning other's just give poor performers less hours. At my store we give less hours and we send people home who cannot get at least one card within a certain time frame.

As for the sales, do you think there will be any decent sales boxing day (that's when all the major sales are here in New Zealand). Like to make an order online for some stuff e.g. the Sexy Little Things bras, beauty sets, pink panties, (I need to make one big order cause shipping costs so much), when would be the best time to do it do you think??

Oooh also, does anyone know what happened to the Beauty Rush lipglosses that were usually sold seperately? Now they only have the boxed set of 5 or 6 avaliable online, they're not selling them 3 for $15 anymore, anyone know if they'll bring this back?

THANKS to anyone who can answer my confusing questions :laugh: :heart:

You get paid minium wage when you start.

You get 20% off regularly priced items and Garden promotions at your home store the first 90 days of employment. After that, you get 30% off regularly priced items and Garden promotions at your home store, and 20% off at cross brand stores. You DO NOT get any additional discounts on already discounted items and on most promotions :/

The next major sale will be on January 3rd. There might be some bras on sale on boxing day in preparation for the Semi-Annual sale.

They temporarily took away many of the make-up products for the holidays, like the individual BR lipglosses, so they can sell more of the gifts sets. Individual beauty products sell themselves regardless of price, but not gift sets so they need to get rid of the gift sets first by taking away the individual items.

It is not a "bad" place to work. It is just not as "fabulous" as most people think it is. It is not that much different from most retail jobs, and you are require to do actual work---not just stand there and look cute.

Off-topic: I recovered 50 bras from 2 repeated serial shoplifters last night. I am so proud of myself :ddr:

50?! How the hell did they stash those? And wear?!

LOL...no :p I call these girls the "Disney Bag Bandits" b/c they always bring in a huge Disney Store bag to put the stolen goods in. They are among the many professional shoplifters that hits our store :/ They were actually in last Tuesday as well and stole 2 draws of PINK bras. We weren't able to recover them that time :(

What they do with the bras and etc. is they either return them to the stores to get merchandise credit so they can sell it on eBay, or they sell the stuff on eBay. Either way they are making a profit.

It is pretty insane how often we get hit and the company isn't helping us much in combating the problem <_< Often these shoplifters threaten us when we approach them or refuse their returns. Hence why I said everyday after work I pray I don't get mugged/stabbed/shot/jumped :ninja:

It is not a "bad" place to work. It is just not as "fabulous" as most people think it is. It is not that much different from most retail jobs, and you are require to do actual work---not just stand there and look cute.

But at least you guys look better than those Sak5th's or Forever 21's retailers... :whistle: i mean c'mon, those suits and earpieces are so IT!! FBI style.

LOL....ROFL :rofl: I guess we kinda do look like secret service or FBI agents :laugh:

Post-Holiday/Pre-Semi Annual Sale...

- 10 for $25 Cotton & PINK panties (12/29 & 12/30 only)

- 50% off Relaxed Sleepwear (Starts on 12/28)

- Buy 1 bra get the 2ad 50% off

- Some sort of free gift w/ purchase offer

- Some sort of Very Sexy Makeup Promo

- Launch of the limited-edition More PINK Please fragrance (available: 12/26-3/17)

IN-STORE SEMI-ANNUAL (1/3-1/22)!!!

SL as in Sri Lanka? Yes, some are made in sweatshops in Sri Lanka :p

There isn't that big of a difference b/t VS and LS, except their marketing strategies. I was also told by many Canadians who visits my store, LS' lingerie isn't as comfortable as VS', but they seem pretty much the same to me :idk: