Bellazon

Ingrid Michaelson
Thumbnail

CarMELita

I got suscribed to the rolling stone magazine's podcast and just found out about Ingrid. I bought "the way I am" and am listening to it the whole evening, really love her voice!

Ingrid Michaelson

From Wikipedia

Origin: Staten Island, New York, U.S.

Genre(s): Indie pop

Occupation(s): Singer-songwriter

Instrument(s): singing, guitar, piano

Label(s): unsigned

Ingrid Michaelson is a New York-based singer/songwriter.

Her music has been featured on numerous television shows. Most notably, Michaelson's songs have been selected as soundtracks for emotional scenes on Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill.

Bio

Michaelson was born to artistic parents -- composer Carl Michaelson and sculptor Elizabeth Egbert, who is the Executive Director & President of Staten Island Museum. She took up piano at age 5. She had trained until age 7 at Manhattan's Third Street Music School and continued for many more years at the Jewish Community Center of S.I.'s Dorothy Delson Kuhn Music Institute. There she met vocal coach Elizabeth McCullough, who worked with her through high school. She is a graduate of Staten Island Technical High School and Binghamton University, where she received a degree in theatre.

The Way I Am

* Her song, "The Way I Am", can be heard on the 2007 Old Navy Fall commercial and on the Chevrolet Equinox 2007 commercial - where it pictures a Mom buying lots of carrots for her daughter, bringing it to their Snow Men, in their vehicle.

* On September 21, 2007, Michaelson made her network television debut performing "The Way I Am" on Last Call with Carson Daly.

* Her song "The Way I Am" has made it to number 6 on the iTunes Store and peaked at #37 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Discography

* 2005: Slow the Rain

* 2006: Girls and Boys

Television

A number of her songs have featured in the television drama Grey's Anatomy:

"Breakable" was featured in "Staring at the Sun"

"The Way I Am", featured in "Six Days (Part 1)"

"Corner Of Your Heart", featured in "Testing 1-2-3"

"Keep Breathing" was featured on last season's finale, "Didn't We Almost Have It All"

Video to "The way I am" on youtube:

same song but played live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roINIWhVj0

ingrid.jpg ingrid_michaelson.jpg Ingrid_Michaelson2.jpg