Bellazon

Runway

Neo52285

Adriana is the new lead Angel, she's contracted for another 3 years (She resigned in 08 for 5 years), and they'll renew her contract then as well. She has said to Monica and Ed she doesn't plan on retiring for several years, hence why they made her lead Angel along with her seniority. They aren't going to make her the new lead and then let her retire a year early. People can keep thinking, and wishing, and hoping but Adriana is not retiring. I speak to several people who work for people inside the company and they have said she isn't going anywhere for several more years. My guess is she'll finish her 3, sign another 3 years and be done at that point. Heck she's basically their star this year and all you people who thinks she needs to retire...well did the E! Clip recently where the woman she "Gisele, Who?" Along with all the clips, and headlines that stated her "looking better than ever" "NEW LEAD ANGEL" so in many circles she's only getting better. Now that Heidi is gone, Adriana is there star and will be their star for several more years it looks like.

My problem this year was the makeup. Everyone complained the years before that there was to much makeup on the girls backstage, and then they looked good on the runway. it's the same concept of a broadway play, the reasons the actors get makeup caked on their faces is because the light can make it look they have none on. Now while she looked gorgeous backstage with the subtle makeup (look the vids from backstage...better than she has looked in years) but when she got on stage because the makeup was so subtle it made the girls look like they had hardly any makeup on. I think if they would have kept the makeup like they had in previous years it would have looked much better.

Time to retire.... ?

I'd give her another year. I remember back in 06 when everyone thought she had lost it she didn't get back to her old self until 08. To me she's still amazing. Not back to her prime but still hot. When she loses some of her old spark it seems get take her a long while to get it back.

I remember thinking 2006 show was a bad year for her but that's because I was comparing it to 2005, arguably her best show. When I look back now I actually think she looked better in 2006 show than any of the subsequent years, even though she was meatier. All in all, it's been going steadily downhill since her peak in 2005. I'd have to say the hottest VS girl nowadays is Candice and I'm not even too much into blondes.

Anyone else feels she needs to take all that muscle definition from her upper body and put it on her chicken legs instead? Yea I know, easier said than done...

Like my Mom said, "We start to go downhill after 25." At least, in my family this is the case, but women's bodies change in their teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, and onward. It's part of life. A natural woman's body will change and age. I think she looks fantastic for having a baby a year ago. And how many 28/29 year-olds look like she does walking around this world?? Or any of those models for that matter. She is definitely toner, I like her softer and rounder, but by all means she looks fantastic. The make up and hair this year...ugh. :(

Time to retire.... ?

I'd give her another year. I remember back in 06 when everyone thought she had lost it she didn't get back to her old self until 08. To me she's still amazing. Not back to her prime but still hot. When she loses some of her old spark it seems get take her a long while to get it back.

I remember thinking 2006 show was a bad year for her but that's because I was comparing it to 2005, arguably her best show. When I look back now I actually think she looked better in 2006 show than any of the subsequent years, even though she was meatier. All in all, it's been going steadily downhill since her peak in 2005. I'd have to say the hottest VS girl nowadays is Candice and I'm not even too much into blondes.

Anyone else feels she needs to take all that muscle definition from her upper body and put it on her chicken legs instead? Yea I know, easier said than done...

Candice (sorry fans) looks seem more Playboyish to me, unlike the other models.

Time to retire.... ?

I thought she wasn't too good in 06 compared to her show in 05 also. Then in 07 she went very much downhill. While in 08 she didn't look too great in the show itself I thought the candids for all the pre-show stuff were amazing. Her look improved so much that year. She could have looked amazing in the show that year had she had different hair and make-up. Perhaps a different personal trainer could help her change her body up. More yoga and pilates with lower body weights perhaps. Candice and Rosie have been my favorites this year.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i swear the poor girl cant win, her body LOOKED STELLER this year, curvy, yet toned in ALL the right places, her butt was like killer, where another model standing next to her, and i wont used names, BUTT WAS ACTUALLY SAGGY, for those who say their "fans" are acting as if she is old and grey, come on guys, VS didnt put her as the head ANGEL for nothing, so can we simply be happy for the chica?? And from some of the girls i saw, HIP BONES were rampant, like so skinny it was GROSS, the only bodies that really made me go OHHHHHHHHHHHH now thats a HOT chica, was Lima, KK, Behati, they looked healthy. Since when is being in great shape, and showing some toned flesh a bad thing?? When she is to skinny, she is bad mouthed, when she is to soft, she is bad mouthed, PLEASE LETS STOP THE INSANITY already lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, not saying ALL should like her, but COME ON, if you think she is over the hill, why post here???? Oh well, to each there own, and that goes for us "Fans" as well :wave:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll i swear the poor girl cant win, her body LOOKED STELLER this year, curvy, yet toned in ALL the right places, her butt was like killer, where another model standing next to her, and i wont used names, BUTT WAS ACTUALLY SAGGY, for those who say their "fans" are acting as if she is old and grey, come on guys, VS didnt put her as the head ANGEL for nothing, so can we simply be happy for the chica?? And from some of the girls i saw, HIP BONES were rampant, like so skinny it was GROSS, the only bodies that really made me go OHHHHHHHHHHHH now thats a HOT chica, was Lima, KK, Behati, they looked healthy. Since when is being in great shape, and showing some toned flesh a bad thing?? When she is to skinny, she is bad mouthed, when she is to soft, she is bad mouthed, PLEASE LETS STOP THE INSANITY already lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, not saying ALL should like her, but COME ON, if you think she is over the hill, why post here???? Oh well, to each there own, and that goes for us "Fans" as well :wave:

Preach! I love you, bye.

Didn't know some critique is forbidden... <_<

First I was happy and excited for her when I heard she's lead angel and expectations went high,

but when I saw her appearance it was more like :huh:

I completely agree with many others, 2005 was her BEST year and then it went downhill. Why post here? Uhm, why not? Just speaking my mind ... That doesn't mean I don't like her at all. But why should I say "OMG, she looked so hot!!11!11" when I think she really didn't? Once again, is this a critique-free forum? If so, I'll stop posting about things I didn't like...

not forbidden at all, and maybe its JUST ME, but when I dont LIKE a model, I simply dont say anything, because in the end does it really matter WHAT i think??? It all comes down to respect for the fans of that model, and I guess in turn I like the same respect in return. It seems lately though, those who call themselves "fans" are complaining about her lack of looks, body or whatever, if she doesnt meet up to ones exspections anymore, why come to her topics, why bother even looking at her anymore, since she isnt up to "snuff", does that make since??? :blink: And further more, if i dont like LIMAS look, for the most part, I DONT SAY ANYTHING, again out of respect for others who might like it, but again opinions are simply that, and its your right, doesnt mean, people like me or others will not say something, and as always VIVA LA LIMA :wave:

Very well said. I still wonder what Lima did to get so much negativity? If she's not your fave, ok than, support your fave, but why is she the Peyton Manning/Arod of the fashion world??

Maybe it's just my perception, but I don't think any of the things that have been said on the last pages have been respectless. Anyone gave reasons for their point of view even if it was a negative one. :)

And personally, I believe them when they say they are fans. They have said very nice things more than often about her in the past. :yes:

So criticism is lack of respect for the fans... I don't understand that.

Well, I understand that CONSTANT criticism can be annoying, right.

But come on, that's a bit restrictive if we should only talk about positive stuff :unsure:

And I respect the need to express, but I would say its gotten to where there is a handful of us here that really "like" her anymore, those and I'm going back pages to check, who called themselves fans, saying after 2007-she has gone down hill, so again, if she is no longer the proverbial apple of one's eye, and is now the black sheep, why post??? That would make since to me, Example, I like roise, but as of late, nothing has caught my eye, so instead of going to her thread being critical of everything from the Tee shirt she is wearing to the shoes on her feet, I simply just dont go there.

Yes lately, it seems everything she has done is or has been frowned upon, from the way she moves, to the look on her face, and YES lately its BEEN CONSTANTLY. BUT before this gets TOTALLY out of Hand, we should get back to the Topic, which is her runway for this years show, and express away, PEACE OUT :wave:

When she is to skinny, she is bad mouthed, when she is to soft, she is bad mouthed

She wasn't badmouthed in 2005, meaning she was right on point then.

Maybe it's just my perception, but I don't think any of the things that have been said on the last pages have been respectless. Anyone gave reasons for their point of view even if it was a negative one. :)

And personally, I believe them when they say they are fans. They have said very nice things more than often about her in the past. :yes:

So criticism is lack of respect for the fans... I don't understand that.

Well, I understand that CONSTANT criticism can be annoying, right.

But come on, that's a bit restrictive if we should only talk about positive stuff :unsure:

Thank you. I haven't posted much this year as I'm not as big of fan as I used to be, but I'm pretty sure the majority of my posts this year have been positive. I came here because there was a story about the VS show and Adriana in a local newspaper here (otherwise I had totally forgotten about the show), and just wanted to see how she looked this year and what outfits she wore. And while Adriana hasn't improved over the years, certainly neither has the show so she's not entirely to blame. Outfits and make-up just seem to get worse every year...

Only speaking for myself, in the future I'll try to not to say so much negative things about her if you guys are annoyed by it. I'll respect that.

I only want you to know that it's not that easy to belong to the "opposite site" either.

Because sometimes I really feel the need to express about things I dislike without any bad intentions. And then it feels like some of you get really mad... :persuazn: Please, don't get mad at me! :wave:

Ok so let's get back to topic. I'll retreat :ninja: