Bellazon

News

Neo52285

“I prefer men’s watches and love boxing”, Adriana Lima

Adriana-Lima-702x1024.thumb.jpg.4d14e7369f39cdb1b62f6475d090d8fb.jpg

What does it take to be a perfect brand ambassador?

I connect with a brand even before I start working with them. I am happy to be chosen by IWC as their brand ambassador. There are so many unbelievable personalities who have been their brand ambassadors including some great actors. For me, as a model, to be standing next to them, it’s an honour. I’m a big fan of their watches. These watches have something, like jewellery which can transcend generations. They are like a family with deep sentimental values. I appreciate all the designs of IWC. They are different. The Da Vinci watch is so elegant and it’s something for life! It’s just so pure and beautiful.

Which is your favourite IWC watch?

Almost all. But there is a special one from the Pilot collection that I have my eyes on for the past few years. It’s the Father & the Son watch. I have both. I know these are men’s watches. As you know I have two girls and we’re going to share watches with them one day, when they grow up. I would love to have a son and one day, and I will share this with him.

Do you like to wear the men’s models or the women’s models of IWC watches?

I prefer men’s models because they connect with my personality. I’m a very strong woman. I do boxing, which tells a little bit about my personality. I like bigger watches for they make a statement.

What do you love about modelling?

I love my job. I don’t do it, you know, for success or just to be out there.  I do it because it’s a form of art.  It’s similar to acting and I love it. I get to work with amazing brands like IWC, travel the world and meet unbelievable people. I think I’m really blessed.

How many days in a week are you flying?

Honestly, I don’t count but I have children so I try to be at home as much as I can.

Runway or shoot-  what is more satisfying?

I like to do anything with video cameras. That’s the most satisfying thing for me.

How do you choose a brand to endorse?

They choose me rather. I am lucky to be in a position where I can work for people that I connect with. I like to endorse brands which have products I believe in. I work with brands that have strong real values and offer a great image for both men and women.

What does time mean for you?

I’m going to answer you with a quote I’m fond of: “Time is the most valuable thing you can give to someone.”

Let me ask you some rapid-fire questions:

Your favourite movie? – It’s a Wonderful Life

Favourite restaurant? – My home

Favourite actor? – John Malkovich

Favourite footballer? – Pele

Favourite colour? – Black

Favourite cuisine? – Brazilian

What’s your fitness regime? How do you keep yourself fit?

I love boxing.  It’s a passion since I was a 19-years-old kid. I want longevity in life and try to be fit.

How do you stay motivated being on top for over a decade of doing something in such a competitive world?

It’s called love. I love what I do. I love my job.

Do you think celebrities should make statements on social and political issues or just stick to their art?

My grandmother once told me something which I never forget: “Never discuss religion, football, and politics in public”. Everyone has his or her own points of view. Some will agree, some won’t agree. I try to focus on women’s issues and believe in making them stronger.

http://watchworld.co.in/i-prefer-mens-watches-and-love-boxing-adriana-lima/

EVENT DETAILS

Veuve Clicquot once again transports the excitement of Carnaval to Miami on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at beautiful Museum Park overlooking Biscayne Bay in support of Pérez Art Museum Miami.  This year, Adriana Lima will join Veuve Clicquot as co-host to welcome guests to participate in the electrifying spirit of the international celebration with traditional Carnaval entertainment, featuring samba dancers, drummers, and live music

How the Victoria’s Secret Angels Are Celebrating Valentine’s Day

Adriana Lima

“Most people celebrate with their significant other, but for me, it is also all about celebrating with my girls. I think it is really important to buy a little gift for everyone in your life. I send flowers to my mom and give little gifts to all of my friends so that everyone has a valentine! For me, Valentine’s Day is about love and celebrating that love. It’s not just a couple’s thing! The best gifts I receive on Valentine's Day are from my two mini Angels. They treat me to yummy chocolates or decorated cookies and handmade cards. They’re so cute!”

http://www.vogue.com/article/victorias-secret-angels-valentines-day-2017-wishes

8 minutes ago, emerald7 said:

How the Victoria’s Secret Angels Are Celebrating Valentine’s Day

Adriana Lima

“Most people celebrate with their significant other, but for me, it is also all about celebrating with my girls. I think it is really important to buy a little gift for everyone in your life. I send flowers to my mom and give little gifts to all of my friends so that everyone has a valentine! For me, Valentine’s Day is about love and celebrating that love. It’s not just a couple’s thing! The best gifts I receive on Valentine's Day are from my two mini Angels. They treat me to yummy chocolates or decorated cookies and handmade cards. They’re so cute!”

http://www.vogue.com/article/victorias-secret-angels-valentines-day-2017-wishes

This is how Valentine's Day should be celebrated imo, as a day for all the aspects of love, not only the romantic one. And she really does this, it's not just a tought she had for this interview, I remember her saying the same things in a VS video from 2011.

VS is doing a poll on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform, to decide wich Angel the fans want to see more at the store opening event in China. The choices are Adriana, Alessandra, Jasmine, Romee and Martha, but you must have an account to vote.

http://vote.weibo.com/poll/137701406

I haven't an account there but a friend on tumblr does and she showed me how the voting is going, and Adriana is leading by far with a 52.9 %, Alessandra has 34.2%, Martha 7.9%, Romee 3.1% and Jasmine 1.9%. Since Adriana is the most famous and has the biggest fanbase it's pretty obvious she will win the poll, let's hope then they send her to the opening ceremony.

4 hours ago, nhlovesadri said:

VS is doing a poll on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform, to decide wich Angel the fans want to see more at the store opening event in China. The choices are Adriana, Alessandra, Jasmine, Romee and Martha, but you must have an account to vote.

I haven't an account there but a friend on tumblr does and she showed me how the voting is going, and Adriana is leading by far with a 52.9 %, Alessandra has 34.2%, Martha 7.9%, Romee 3.1% and Jasmine 1.9%. Since Adriana is the most famous and has the biggest fanbase it's pretty obvious she will win the poll, let's hope then they send her to the opening ceremony.

I hope so too. :D I would sign up just to vote, but I have no idea how...

Show Package – Milan F/W 17: Elite (Women) 

120_Special_Request.jpg

It would be amazing if she walks some shows in Milan.

http://je.feelunique.com/thelounge/adriana-lima-talks-skincare-secrets

5 MINUTES

with Adriana Lima

As the face of Maybelline and the longest serving Victoria’s Secret Angel, Adriana Lima is one of the supermodels of the moment. So, we were very excited when we got the chance to sit down with the Brazilian beauty (yup she’s as stunning in real life) and quiz her on her skincare secrets, guilty pleasures and her interesting hobby…

Interview by Verity Clark 

safe_image.png.50c9d66d4e1212851d92f9fa1c4d0cbb.pngAdriana_GTL_Thumb_1487666784.thumb.jpg.269b2158ad58a3055fd83bf3cb8baf56.jpgadrgt.thumb.jpg.3c9eb382872b92c8426e2d4e97196439.jpg58ae107523e5d_safe_image(1).png.7dfb30acbeddd7365c433a323f7bff80.png

My skincare secrets…

It’s very important to keep my skin hydrated at all times especially because I travel so much. I always carry natural oils like argan and coconut oil and when I’m on planes I spritz my face with rose water. I also drink A LOT of water and coconut water. 

My signature makeup look…

Either smoky eyes and a natural lip, or red lipstick – that’s my trademark. 

My go-to hairstyle…

Natural. I have wavy hair, I like it to look like just woke up – a little messy with texture. I use coconut oil on my hair, it’s pretty dry so the coconut oil absorbs super quickly. 

My top 3 makeup products…

Definitely Maybelline Falsies mascara – I love the brush it’s so easy to apply and it gets into every single lash and really opens your eyes. For my lips I like the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes, in a red obviously! I like foundation but daily I prefer something more natural and easy to apply so I like to use a BB cream because I can just apply it like a moisturiser.

My workout regime…

I try to exercise as much as I can – it’s something that’s part of my routine. I do boxing – it’s a passion of mine and I try to workout 5 days a week. Even when I travel I try to run or do squats, it doesn’t have to be 45 minutes just 10 mins is good enough.  

My diet…

I’m a healthy eater. I have two daughters and I want longevity in my life, you are what you eat so I’m really careful and I like to have a balanced diet of protein and vegetables. I love to cook Brazilian food with my girls, things like rice and beans and I can make a great chicken or beef goulash!

My guilty pleasure…

I’m obsessed with molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream – I love it! I could have it every day, 3 times a day!

The highlight of my career…

When I opened the Victoria’s Secret fashion show for the first time it was the moment that I never thought I’d get, I never thought I’d actually open the show – it was a dream. 

My favourite thing about London...

Everything! The accent, the streets are so beautiful, the architecture, Buckingham Palace, the Queen...

My drink of choice…

Caipirinhas!

The best thing about being a model...

I love my job, you get to travel and see different cultures and meet so many interesting people, from artists to politicians and work with the best photographers in the world.

In my time off

I like to spend time with my children. 

If I wasn’t a model…

I would be an actress. I plan to do some acting in the future – watch this space

You wouldn’t know it but… 

One thing that I love is archery. I was travelling and I went to an all women retreat where they had lots of different activities. One of them was archery; I was training with this lady and she was one of the USA champions and she was surprised how good I was. It’s so relaxing for me – I wish I could do it more often. 

My dream holiday destination 

Maldives – I haven’t been yet. Or Japan.

On 2/21/2017 at 3:59 PM, nhlovesadri said:

SO where is the democracy?!:thumbs_down::blah:

give them folk what they want :bellazon:

https://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/17806/china-s-flagship-victoria-s-secret-store-opens-in-shanghai

These lines are intersesting:

" The big grand opening is set to go down March 8. Victoria's Secret Angels — including Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Sui He and Mengyao Xi — will reportedly be in attendance to greet fans."

" According to China Daily, the brand also plans to hold its first fashion show in Shanghai later this year. And a promotional video posted to their Instgram account earlier this week announced that they'd be opening another store in Chengdu sometime soon."

Victoria’s Secret angel Adriana Lima is coming to Singapore

88c2cb2e7a69df70c8d301b98d487a68.jpg

Yes, you read that right,  veteran Victoria’s Secret angel Adriana Lima is coming to Singapore on 10 March.

She will be in town for the launch of the lingerie brand’s new Body by Victoria collection at its flagship outlet, located at Mandarin Gallery.

The event is not open to the public.

This is the first angel visiting the outlet’s flagship store since it opened in November 2016.

This is also the first time the 35-year-old Brazilian model and actress, best known for being a Victoria’s Secret angel since 1995, will be visiting Singapore.

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/victorias-secret-angel-adriana-lima-is-coming-to-singapore-101710799.html

I checked and there's the Miu Miu show in Paris on March 7th; considering that China is 7 hours in advance with respect to France if she walks there she may have problem flying there in time, so her being on that show could be an explanation. It's only a theory, I have no infos about that.