Bellazon

News

Neo52285

She will attend the FIFA awards ceremony that will be held in Paris tomorrow, monday 27th of february, at 9 pm CET.

A livestream will be hosted on this website:

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/3T9UEx46wIl68ulx9xAV6r

I have no idea if she will just attend, or present an award, or do something on stage, but since she came all the way from LA to paris I guess she will.

2 hours ago, laeteita said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpKCFESK4kx/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

Introducing the first FIFA global fan ambassador

In this role, @adrianalima will develop, promote and participate in several global initiatives involving fans from all over the world!

She tweeted about it and it's hilarious to see black, queer, female fans of her cheer up for this collaboration.

I didn't expect this kind of work for her. It surprises me. I have seen some criticisms and I have to say that, as long as they are respectful, I can understand them. It's a bit strange that Adriana has been the chosen one for that job considering that she has no relationship with football, she has never worked on it, neither as a player nor as any other role and it cannot even be said that she posts much content about football, on her IG you hardly see a football team jersey or even a ball, instead you do see more posts involving boxing or MMA. Those who say that it's a bit forced and that this job should go to some former women's football player or some journalist who has covered football for many years seem legitimate and convincing arguments to me. Beyond that, FIFA is a controversial body for its corruptions in the recent past, I would prefer that Adriana not be associated with them.

1 hour ago, borg said:

I didn't expect this kind of work for her. It surprises me. I have seen some criticisms and I have to say that, as long as they are respectful, I can understand them. It's a bit strange that Adriana has been the chosen one for that job considering that she has no relationship with football, she has never worked on it, neither as a player nor as any other role and it cannot even be said that she posts much content about football, on her IG you hardly see a football team jersey or even a ball, instead you do see more posts involving boxing or MMA. Those who say that it's a bit forced and that this job should go to some former women's football player or some journalist who has covered football for many years seem legitimate and convincing arguments to me. Beyond that, FIFA is a controversial body for its corruptions in the recent past, I would prefer that Adriana not be associated with them.

you can’t please everyone. ALOT of things in the industry is considered wrong and corrupt to people. Even VS itself because the people who ran brand had associations with Eipstein and the “transphobia”. There will always be people who think this about any organization that is involved in the industry and always complain. If Adriana lived her life thinking about naysayers she not gonna get anywhere. ALOT of celebs would not, thats why most of them do the same thing and ignore people who have their own personal feelings towards an establishment. Like how beyonce, who is richer than Adriana, still cut a deal for that hotel in Dubai. Some Queer fans was okay with that too. 

Anyways, to say she had no association with futball or fifa ever in her career is wrong. There is a difference between never playing the sport and not having any association with the sport. I am not surprised because I actually do remember her history with fifa and things related to futball. Last year wasn’t even the first year she was invited to the word cup or have an association with fifa. She did an entire commercial to promote the word cup in recent years 

She was invited to go to the world cup in brazil, along with other models who ALSO participated in things fifa related

1DCA8E5F-6E59-49FE-81D6-05D856478E0B.thumb.jpeg.493764e60cd6d9afdec0c78f841d74bc.jpeg

She has even attended fiffa awards before this one

F854A1BD-0B16-4F79-A7BB-48A579FBF5FD.thumb.jpeg.40edc9fc6d30926c53dc8420bf735a1a.jpeg 

and its just a flat out lie to say Adriana personally never expressed interest or like for futbol. Just not true 

28C494EE-7D6B-41F3-9CB3-C240507606F3.thumb.webp.0daf93b3f9d8d68322b5ad6dd5a64eda.webp
3E54F951-F3A9-4EC2-BEE0-DBEAFCBA7178.thumb.jpeg.899fbcaf39cb14f69dfe1edd13ff2e99.jpeg 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXJ9HCaBdAI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJCNUGHAVbw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFKGyhEM6gb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= 

F7829BDF-3259-43E8-A48F-207A491B5C9B.thumb.jpeg.6b1ad17d3e06da0ff894d76503704ea7.jpeg 

C1A93040-AA2D-495A-B185-F846E3C9E329.thumb.png.5f29ec1fb5d66cfae5e289aefee67fa4.png5E80F83B-B091-4098-AFA6-C839DAAF5E00.thumb.jpeg.c6e7d2d9df1c1928719f8946744e68f9.jpeg

she has posted about futbol and attended events related to it, just as much as MMA. One of her childhood photos she gave for a VS segment about her upbringing showed her in a futbol uniform. She seemed to have played it growing up. Plus she is from a country that has a HEAVY association with the sport, which is why I am sure fifa ask her to do all these things 

Thats why when I heard this, it made sense to me. If people just want to bitch, they just want to bitch. Thats what it really is. People have a thing for that these days, especially for celebrities. People act like celebrities aren’t just like them, and trying to make money and further their resume. Its not her fault they choose her over a female futbol player. She did NOT make them do that. Regular people act like they should only be allowed to take a career offer. It is very dishonest to say adriana never showed interest in futbol or had an association with fifa prior. Its like saying she had no association with american football and the nfl. She had association with them both in the same exact ways(except she seemed to have played futbol growing up), no need to lie about it

47 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

you can’t please everyone. ALOT of things in the industry is considered wrong and corrupt to people. Even VS itself because the people who ran brand had associations with Eipstein and the “transphobia”. There will always be people who think this about any organization that is involved in the industry and always complain. If Adriana lived her life thinking about naysayers she not gonna get anywhere. ALOT of celebs would not, thats why most of them do the same thing.

Also to say she had no association with football or fifa ever in her career is wrong. There is a difference between never playing the sport and not having any association with the sport. I am not surprised because I actually do remember her history with fifa and things related to football. Last year wasn’t even the first year she was invited to the word cup or have an association with fifa. She did an entire commercial to promote the word cup in recent years 

She was invited to go to the world cup in brazil, along with other models who ALSO participated in things fifa related

She has even attended fiffa awards before this one

and its just a flat out lie to say Adriana personally never expressed interest or like for futbol. Just not true 

she has posted about futbol and attended events related to it, just as much as MMA. 

Thats why when I heard this, it made sense to me. If people just want to bitch, they just want to bitch. Thats what it really is. People have a thing for that these days, especially for celebrities. People act like celebrities aren’t just like them, and trying to make money and further their resume. Regular people act like they should only be allowed to so that. It is very dishonest to say adriana never showed interest in futbol or had an association with fifa prior. Its like saying she had no association with american football and the nfl. She had association with them both in the same exact ways, no need to lie about it

Yes, she has some past episodes with football, but in a very casual way like anyone from a football country has when there is a World Cup. For example, my mother or my friends who don't like football, watch the national team matches when there is a World Cup (or when the city team plays a very important match), because of the beautiful atmosphere and the tradition of cheering on the selection of your country or the team of your city together with your friends and family, especially important for the brazilian culture. I think that this is the type of approach that Adriana has with football, in a casual way. I remember her talk with Marta and I think also Dani Alves in one of those IG Lives that she did and you can perfectly say that she is not very involved in the world of football. And it's not a bad thing. But I understand that many people, for that type of work in the most important body in the world of football, prefer someone with a better knowledge of the sport and who follows it on a more regular basis. And there are probably other women who deserve that position more for their contribution to the world of football. It's a bit like when they put actresses, singers or any Instagram influencer to do work related to the world of fashion, it feels intrusive.

I was just going to post a new about that too, although from The Times newspaper (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fifa-criticised-for-tone-deaf-appointment-of-adriana-lima-as-fan -ambassador-6lfbbjpgw), but basically the same. It was very predictable that these criticisms would arrive and they make sense, if we are honest. It doesn't make sense that FIFA chose Adriana. And I blame FIFA much more than Adriana, that she simply accepted a job that was offered to her. I also understand who sees this as something sexist, if you have to choose a woman for this position, do you just choose a gorgeous and very sexy supermodel? I mean... hard to imagine that, for men's football, they would choose a male supermodel instead of some retired player or manager to fill that role. Just another botch from FIFA.

10 minutes ago, laeteita said:

Incredible how after just only a day they start trowing insults at her, definitely something I'm not looking forward for her, the ignorance and hate sport fans are capable of.

She's the FANS ambassador, they couldn't choose a player or a tainer becuase they wouldn't have been fit for the role, literally any celeb who likes football would have worked. And again with the extreme diet rumors, they will never let that one go down...

And of course that ex Fifa high executive is doing a wonderful show of herself thrashing the company she worked to shape in what she is now, just because she isn't in charge anymore... she could learn somehting actually from Adriana, who never said anything about the other company (VS) that was her main distinctive job and made her famous... VS fell to incredible lows, even publicly shaming their previous spokepersons, and not once Adriana talked aboutt hem without love, respect and gratitude.

10 minutes ago, nhlovesadri said:

Incredible how after just only a day they start trowing insults at her, definitely something I'm not looking forward for her, the ignorance and hate sport fans are capable of.

She's the FANS ambassador, they couldn't choose a player or a tainer becuase they wouldn't have been fit for the role, literally any celeb who likes football would have worked. And again with the extreme diet rumors, they will never let that one go down...

And of course that ex Fifa high executive is doing a wonderful show of herself thrashing the company she worked to shape in what she is now, just because she isn't in charge anymore... she could learn somehting actually from Adriana, who never said anything about the other company (VS) that was her main distinctive job and made her famous... VS fell to incredible lows, even publicly shaming their previous spokepersons, and not once Adriana talked aboutt hem without love, respect and gratitude.

yeah I remember when gisele was chosen to present the world cup trophy. Proof adriana is not even the only one involved in things you wouldn’t think she would be. They can keep crying 

3 hours ago, borg said:

I was just going to post a new about that too, although from The Times newspaper (https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fifa-criticised-for-tone-deaf-appointment-of-adriana-lima-as-fan -ambassador-6lfbbjpgw), but basically the same. It was very predictable that these criticisms would arrive and they make sense, if we are honest. It doesn't make sense that FIFA chose Adriana. And I blame FIFA much more than Adriana, that she simply accepted a job that was offered to her. I also understand who sees this as something sexist, if you have to choose a woman for this position, do you just choose a gorgeous and very sexy supermodel? I mean... hard to imagine that, for men's football, they would choose a male supermodel instead of some retired player or manager to fill that role. Just another botch from FIFA.

How is this sexist? So Adriana can't be offered a job outside fashion and it not be sexist? I feel like sexist is reducing Adriana to only being a "gorgeous and very sexy supermodel". Also what do you mean by "men's football", womens soccer is also part of FIFA.

As @nhlovesadrisaid, she was chosen to be a Fan Ambassador. Not a analayst or coach or someone who requires alot of soccer knowledge. They were probably looking for a celebrity to do this. 

9 hours ago, lucyford said:

How is this sexist? So Adriana can't be offered a job outside fashion and it not be sexist? I feel like sexist is reducing Adriana to only being a "gorgeous and very sexy supermodel". Also what do you mean by "men's football", womens soccer is also part of FIFA.

As @nhlovesadrisaid, she was chosen to be a Fan Ambassador. Not a analayst or coach or someone who requires alot of soccer knowledge. They were probably looking for a celebrity to do this. 

The football industry is different. For a long time there has been an effort to include women in organizations such as FIFA, so that they have a greater presence and a voice, until now FIFA has only used women as trophies with which to attract the attention of men. I adore Adriana, she has always been my favorite model, but I understand that many see Adriana as a profile that remains the same, because everyone knows Adriana because of her work as a lingerie model for VS, the suspicions are more than founded.

The criticism is getting out of hand and the woman in particular calling it out keeps brining up what she said to GQ ages ago. Laurent had to comment this to the media 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/football/adriana-lima-fifa-moya-dodd-women-world-cup-intl-spt/index.html

Laurent Boye, said the model’s stance had changed in the 17 years since she made those comments.

“We can proudly say that Ms Lima has been promoting a healthy lifestyle for several years and like many people, her position on many LGBTQIA+ and women issues has evolved and she is considered an ally,” Boye said in a statement.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:49 AM, borg said:

I remember there was a interview of Vogue that she shared a lot of childhood experience in Brazil about football. She said she liked playing football like a boy when she was young. It's a tradition in Brazil, boys playing football and girls playing fashion. Also it's not true to say she never worked on football. Actually she was the spokeman of KIA and had campagins about football propaganda during the 2014 World cup

On 2/28/2023 at 10:41 PM, laeteita said:

I just Wonder, have these football authorities said anything about the violation of human rights Fifa shamelessly did in recent years?! I don't remember any complaints from these People when FIFA did horrible things for money.

These People should notice, FIFA is a corrupted organization and has more serious problems than having a supermodel as a fan Ambassador. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, laeteita said:

So it's confirmed she will be in Australia for the women's worlds cup. This is a good news. Also, i loved how she responded the question about 'backlash' (except the part she said she hasn't heard about it), her positivity would help to change negative atmosphere.

It is good and necessary to see her talk about it instead of her publicist dealing with the controversy.

Although, however, let's hope that some of her statements (about equal pay and about women being as good or better than men at football) don't reach mainstream social media attention because then much more backlash will come towards her. It's a very controversial issue because it's political, practically. But especially coming from a model, which is one of the few fields in which the pay gap is the other way around and women are the ones who are much better paid than men.

It's another of the reasons why I don't like to see Adriana in that job. Football raises many passions, for better and for worse. And nobody likes FIFA, so it's easy for many fans to turn violently against anyone who works for FIFA if that person says something they don't like.

• 2 weeks later...