Bellazon

News

Neo52285

On 3/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, nhlovesadri said:

https://en.unesco.org/news/beirut-adriana-lima-sends-strong-message-support-education

Newarticle about her visit in Lebanon, she talks about a terrible episode of her past in Brazil: as a kid coming back home from school, a thief attacked her and a friend, when they resisted he shot her friend in the head and killed her. I can only imagine the shock and pain of poor young Adriana :(

Yeah, Adriana def tries to be more positive about growing up where and how she did. But she always alluded to seeing bad things in her environment, didn't know something THAT traumatic happened right infront of her. But then again, thats def not something you want to brag about. I remember her getting slightly defensive when she was on SWAY radio during the superbowl and he asked if she was from where they filmed city of god, she said no but she grew up in area where the same things were happening. Obviously she was telling the truth and he joked that maybe adriana was the same way and she said "no, I am a LOVER"

I hate it seems like she is such a beautiful woman with a beautiful soul but has been through things she shouldn't have to. How she remains having such a vibrant and obviously light spirit after going through that is beyond me. But it does explain how determination when it comes to work and being successful and maybe thats why she was always more reclusive when it came to going back to brazil.

On 2022/3/15 at AM1点16分, nhlovesadri said:

https://en.unesco.org/news/beirut-adriana-lima-sends-strong-message-support-education

关于她访问黎巴嫩的新文章,她谈到了她过去在巴西的一段可怕经历:当一个孩子放学回家时,一个小偷袭击了她和一个朋友,当他们抵抗时,他开枪打死了她的朋友。我只能想象可怜的年轻阿德里安娜的震惊和痛苦:(

OMG she suffered a lot

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, laeteita said:

Translation courtesy of Google Transalte, it came out surprisingly well, I wasn't expecting a good result like this:

Adriana Lima (40 years old) is one of the most appreciated supermodels in the world. The mother of two little girls and her third child on the road, Adriana Lima tells A List Magazine exclusively what her daily routine looks like now and what are the principles that guide her life. The supermodel of Brazilian origin also offers details about what inspired her to design a sustainable water container, together with the Waterdrop brand.

How do you keep your balance between mind, body and spirit, what are your principles for good health?

I used to do sports every day, it helped me maintain my mental health, especially. Now that I'm pregnant, I listen to my body and try not to force myself and do as much as I can during the day. I am also fortunate to have a loving family, supportive friends, and lovely pets. It helps me enjoy every moment.

How do you keep your motivation going day in and day out? What are some things that keep you focused and balanced at the same time?

Daily habits, routine - are sacred to me, especially yoga and other wellness activities. Waterdrop® hydration helps me achieve my goals to be the best of mine. You always feel and look your best when you radiate from the inside out.

What do you consider when designing a waterdrop® container? What inspired you to create the new water bottle?

Consuming the right amount of water is very important in looking and feeling good. My collaboration with Waterdrop involved requesting a bottle to help you hydrate daily by prioritizing this habit no matter what time of day or place you are.

I have been active in the fashion industry for 20 years and have developed a sixth sense for shapes, colors and textures. I wanted to create a container to take with me wherever I went, and Waterdrop gave me this opportunity. Along with the daily hydration reminder, such a container is practical because it can be easily reused, just refill it and stop consuming so many plastic bottles. It is much more sustainable and environmentally friendly and it is much healthier for your body, because you are much less exposed to the microplastic that is found in most containers made of such a material.

I was delighted to partner with Waterdrop, as sustainability is their number one mission, and this can be seen in their products and the efforts they make to support philanthropic acts.

What are some of the things you enjoy doing? From objects to emotions and feelings?

I find happiness in many ways: big or small. I always look for positivity and I always see the full side of the glass, that makes me happy.

What is the latest lesson learned about yourself? In what context?

I haven't necessarily learned it recently, but in recent years I've come to realize how important it is to try to do your job as well as possible, to think about the things you need to feel fulfilled, are factors worth remembering. You don't have to be afraid to dare, to succeed. It's easier said than done, but you have to believe that as long as your body listens to you, so can your mind.

For example, one of the hardest decisions I ever made was to leave Brazil to get out of poverty, to leave my family behind, it was a decisive step in my life. I was the first supermodel to come from the north of Brazil. It was my responsibility to try to reach the top, to open new doors to give my sisters the same opportunities that I had and still have. I'm not thinking about fame. I just hope that my example makes a positive difference in other people's lives as well.

What is the most anticipated moment of the day for you?

During this time, my priorities are to eat healthy, stay hydrated, sleep well, and be surrounded by the love of my family, because they support me the most. No matter what happens during the day, my priority remains hydration, it is also my number one beauty trick. Not only for aesthetic reasons, but also because hydration helps me maintain my concentration, agility and helps me to complete my day's tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this be true?

https://www.thenationalnews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2022/05/13/how-the-five-highest-paid-models-in-2021-made-their-money/

The Brazilian model is thought to be worth $95m, with much of that coming from her long-running contract with Victoria’s Secret, between 1999 and 2018.

In 2015 and 2016, she was named by Forbes as the second-highest-paid model, much of which came from being ambassador to Puma, Maybelline, and IWC watches. In the past year, Lima earned just short of $30m.

1 hour ago, laeteita said:

who knows how accurate that is. Might be an over estimate not accounting for percentages that go to agencies, publicists, managers, etc... My guess is her worth is an underestimate though. Her house alone was 40M and I feel like her worth has been claimed to 95 for the past couple years so I think that one is an underestimate but salary is overestimate. Just my guess.

2 hours ago, laeteita said:

Similar rankings have been reported in various media for months, but no one has revealed the original source, so I can't believe this is based on the accurate information. (Forbes stopped announcing this ranking a few years ago.)
It is also doubtful that Doutzen is in the top 10. Because she hasn't worked as a model for few years. This may include income from other businesses, but ...???

By the way, this is the "Media Impact Value" ranking, and I think it is accurate information.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcqFXFitCD5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

image.thumb.jpeg.95150b644409fb075f799f68e4ff8233.jpeg

@jamiya According to their website this is not information this ranking is just a guess, that based on their own method of value measuring.

I can't say i completely understand how they measure the Value or what are their criterias to measure the values of models but it seems a very complex and unusal method to me. If i understand correctly that $M's represent estimated worth of the models in 2021 and resulted by quite unique formula, includes social media posts and overall media publications. 

I read, Forbes used to get information about models contract, directly from models' agencies but still denied by Miranda and Gisele in the past.

I know a girl who works in the fashion industry, in an important agency, not that she was the owner or held a particularly relevant position (although she has met several models in person) and she is aware of this type of things. One day talking to her about these rankings, she told me that they are always false, in some cases she doesn't know where the press gets the information from because the agencies of some models don't communicate that type of data, in the case of other models and agencies, they always said that they earned more than they actually earned to increase their cache.

In the case of Adriana in particular, it seems very unlikely to me that she would have earned so much money in a year in which she had not worked too much, at least compared to her most active years (and supposedly, in those years she earned much less, she was always like 9-12M per year). At most, for the sale of her house, but nobody really knows how much she has sold her house for and if she has sold it, if all the money is for her or part of it is for her ex-husband.

@borg Her house being sold and for how much is known though since it is public records. I doubt Marko owned that house, they have been separated for years so maybe it was only ever hers or she paid him what his part was worth when they separated so she could keep living there. I doubt Marko would have just let her keep the home worth millions for free when they had to divide their assets... His name was not mentioned at all when it was disclosed that it was her home. Also, I doubt anybody is taking that into consideration when doing these salary estimates. She would have made 40M + however much she made. So that was not taken into account. 

Also, yes in years when she was alot more active she would get ranked #2 with about $10M. But models seem to be getting paid more these days. The last time Forbes released an official ranking, $10M would have only gotten you in the middle of the list not a top spot (keep in mind that was in 2018 last time they released one..). I think social media has alot to do with that imo. I also saw something about how one of the judges for Miss Universe got paid 1M+ for that. So who knows how much she made but I do agree that those numbers are over estimates. 

These rankings are fake, I know as a fact that Isabeli Fontana used to make way way, way, waaaaay more than any of this lists claimed, Gisele has also said multiple times that those lists are bullshit so take it with a grain of salt.

Also the fact that Chrissy Teigen is in this list should be telling enough, when was the last time she even worked as a model? :rofl:

Someone argued that Adriana just had 2 ads for IWC and she did not have a contract with IWC. But as I know, Adriana usually attended many IWC activities and on the offical web, it says Adriana had partnership with IWC since 2012. So is that true?

https://elle.com.br/moda/adriana-lima-na-elle

Full interview is already on printed and paid version. They only shared this quote for now.

"With my two other daughters, during my pregnancy, I didn't do any fashion work, nothing," says Adriana. "And I was really excited to be photographed at a different stage in life. I loved it, it was great to feel welcomed as a woman, not just a model."

She probably forgot about pirelli 2012 calender tho.

• 2 weeks later...

^She confirms she is due at the end of August. Said she will be moving to LA. That she wants to keep modeling. And that she will have something business related coming out in a few months (maybe what she shot back in Paris and was working on with Melissa?)