Bellazon

News

Neo52285

So if Adriana is still executive producer it most likely means she's the one who decided not to be the host anymore, otherwise she would have been completely cut off from the show. I wonder what happened, I never saw the show so IDK how she was as a host but maybe she wasn't comfortable with that role or it was too time consuming

6 minutes ago, Miss Bathory said:

This is sad, she was very great in ABS , hope this isn't true. 

It's true, I saw it around in multiple articles today. From the way she impulsively unfollowed and deleted all ABS contents from her ig a few months ago I 'm not sure she was 100% happy with this change, but whatever, as long as it gets her money anyway being executive producer it's fine. I'll miss to see her on a tv show tho.

I am not surprised, I figured after she deleted so much stuff and unfollowed them. Also they didn't wish her a happy birthday so I am not sure if she actually is still the exec producer... I mean why keep her as that and not the host anyway? So I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the exec producer neither.

*Big sigh* I am not surprised because Adriana wasn't THE best host. It wasn't even her english but how more nervous she was and stuff. She wasn't herself enough because she was more focused on her speaking english. And while she was good at that, it is more important that she had the right personality. I think she did but her being more focused on her speech got more in the way.

Tbh, ABS isn't going to be successful like project runway I don't think. I don't see it lasting long. People had alot to complain about the show, its the structure of it all that makes it not so good. I mean, its unfortunate right now she isn't a part of it in that way anymore. But I am sure soon it will be cancelled so, she will be thankful later lol.  Also, I am still trying to figure out where is adriana headed with her career and what not. Obviously she is still active but now she was complaining and mad about her traveling got in the way of her fitness routine. But she was traveling for work. Part of the reason she does fitness is to be able to work. So its like... ? LOL.

We just have to wait everything out and see what is the plan

• 3 weeks later...

That’s unfortunate to hear. I remember Sofia Vergara telling on Howard Stern how she didn’t used to do good in auditions because she was too focused on trying to pronounce English correctly. When she started to just speak with her accent, she started to get success. She agreed that not everyone is able to learn to speak another language with a proper accent. So, it’s better to be natural than to be preoccupied with trying to speak perfectly. They hired Adriana Lima, they wanted her accent and all, so she should have just been herself.

11 hours ago, Sanni said:

That’s unfortunate to hear. I remember Sofia Vergara telling on Howard Stern how she didn’t used to do good in auditions because she was too focused on trying to pronounce English correctly. When she started to just speak with her accent, she started to get success. She agreed that not everyone is able to learn to speak another language with a proper accent. So, it’s better to be natural than to be preoccupied with trying to speak perfectly. They hired Adrian Lima, they wanted her accent and all, so she should have just been herself.

Exactly. It is unfortunate because naturally she did have what it takes, thats why they asked. But I guess Adriana has seen so much, that people give her shit for her english, especially in the late years because of social media, that she felt she needed to focus more on it. I feel like she so affected these days by it, thats why she rarely posts on her feed anymore. I wish she'd stop letting all of that stuff affect her. But I do remember hearing that she turning down roles in the past, before social media, because she was afraid her english wasn't good enough.

I agree that if that chance comes again she should take a page out of sofia's book and be herself totally. Accent and imperfect english and all. Especially with hosting, they surely want you to be you. I am so sure if she was herself, she would still be the host. Not sure if the show itself would last lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, nhlovesadri said:

Very good interview from W Magazine:

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/adriana-lima-instagram-victorias-secret-career-interview

It feels real, you can tell she was not inventing or reading the replies. She said there is a new project coming up this year she didn't reveal yet.

Oh, I love this interview. Thank you!!!