Bellazon

News

Neo52285

The World's Top-Earning Models 2009

4. Adriana Lima

$8 Million

The new icon of Victoria's Secret continues her rise to the top of her industry thanks to her mass sex appeal.

Though her Maybelline contract will lapse later this year, Lima continues to climb to the top of her career thanks to the support of Victoria's Secret. The Brazilian bombshell got her start as the winner of the Ford model competition "Supermodel of the Year." She also appeared on the small screen last September with a guest appearance on Ugly Betty. This month, she announced she's expecting a baby with her husband, basketball player Marko Jaric.

forbes.com

Vamp, what happened? I didn't touch anything. To keep on topic, I'm starting to believe the 4 1/2 months because the truth seems to come out when it comes to her being overseas and then a bunch of lies when she's in the states and then we have to wait forever to hear anything when the truth is in another language.

^^Oh, okay, its back up. Damn, the thing wasn't loading.

IMO, I say that VS not cancel this year's show. Instead, they should hire replacement Angels in place of Spanky and Heidi and continue planning the show. For example, hire Irina Shayklislamova and you have your Spanky replacement right there! People won't know the difference between those two.

For Heidi, just replace her with Angelina Jolie and you got yourself a VS Fashion Show 2009!

Thank you, Chocolate! I don't know about her getting married in Serbia so soon. They still seem like they are in the planning process, but then again you just never know with her. I also just found out some stuff about her work-wise that will be going on next month which is why I am finding it hard to believe that she will even have the time for a wedding.

Cross-posted from Lima-Fans.com because I don't feel like typing it out and rewording it:

Apparently, Adriana will be shooting some more for VS Swim in the Carribbean next month. I wasn't so sure about this one considering her being pregnant and all, but then I read about how Alessandra told Modelinia.com the other night that she was going to be shooting too and taking her daughter along so it pretty much confirmed it. Alessandra shot for VS while she was pregnant, so we have no doubt in our minds that Adriana can still get some work done in the earlier months of her pregnancy. When we find out more information about it, we'll make sure to let you all know!

Source: 944 Magazine

Sexiest mother of the year

Adriana Lima and her husband, NBA star Marko Jaric got married on Valentine’s Day of this year. The hot news is they are now going to be parents! One says Victoria's Secret supermodel is nearly 3 months pregnant at that time.

3 Months a Valentine's ? That's kinda what I was thinking... During the VS show something about her seemed off. It wasn't the tan that made her skin glow/radiate. Plus her breasts seemed a bit fuller then normal. Could be wrong, but that's when I first said something to LS and pheno about it and a few months latter.. BAM pregos.

I'm almost willing to bet the baby will come "early" [at least that's what the news will be reporting], or she'll go MIA for about 4-6 months after she has the baby to compensate for the time difference. Heaven forbid she had sex out of wedlock. Catholics might piss themselves and le gasp her fans would die? o.O Oh the thought! an adult having sex before marriage.... what IS the world coming too

QQ

I don't believe she's only 3 months. 4 going on 5 now. Like I said, if she gives birth to a huge baby (6lbs or more) at the end of September/Early October then that's that. I don't think she was pregnant during the show though. It's weird how they keep saying the winter when if she was "three months" like they keep saying she would be due in November. November = Fall. People in Serbia have said 4 months which of course now would be 4 1/2. I don't know what they think that if they say something in another language that nobody over here will catch it or what, but yeah. And she does have some crazy ass fans, but I'm sure you already knew that.

I agree. I don't believe she's over 4 and half months and that will be a small enough gap that if she makes it to 40 weeks, and gave birth she could claim 36-37 weeks which is also a pretty common time to give birth. 4 1/2 months would make a lot of sense, it would explain the turkey thing, her itty bitty bump in Feb, the quickie marriage and everything. I'm guessing she conceived in Jan, which like I said would make perfect sense. I have a very strong feeling about this and I had a strong feeling about her being pregnant, and about her having a boy and both we've just found out (possibly a boy) so I'm trusting my instinct again. Everywhere in Serbia keeps placing her giving birth in Autumn, I'm suspecting baby Lima will make his debut in Sept....basically just like Heidi and Adriana do.

I love you hun, but I do have to disagree on two things, I don't believe she was pregnant during the fashion show simply because that would put her at almost 7 months, and she's big but not even close to that. Like I said I'm going with 4 1/2 months which is what's being said by the people who have actually spoken to the couple and it would add everything up. As for her dissapearing for 4-6 months, she can't if she wants to keep her contacts, she has to participate and get back into shape after the baby, because if not she breaches her contact. Plus, she loves what she does, I think she'll pull an Alessandra, be back in time for the tour or show and take it easy but after new year she'll be back full steam...because I'm sure her agency has a lot of stuff lining up for her sense her recent break into high fashion again and etc :)

As for the fans, I agree. Some even said all of us who said she was pregnant "wanted her to be pregnant so bad we were seeing things that weren't there" Oh yea...that's right.

Cross-posted from Lima-Fans.com because I don't feel like typing it out and rewording it:
Apparently, Adriana will be shooting some more for VS Swim in the Carribbean next month. I wasn't so sure about this one considering her being pregnant and all, but then I read about how Alessandra told Modelinia.com the other night that she was going to be shooting too and taking her daughter along so it pretty much confirmed it. Alessandra shot for VS while she was pregnant, so we have no doubt in our minds that Adriana can still get some work done in the earlier months of her pregnancy. When we find out more information about it, we'll make sure to let you all know!

UPDATE

Okay, so the shoot that Adriana is doing wasn't for VS Swim. I don't know if she'll be shooting for them, but there is a possibility still since they are actually shooting this month. However, I spoke to someone about it who had a meeting with her agent yesterday and the shoot she will be doing (if everything works out) is for a fashion magazine that can't be disclosed right now. They don't know if they're just going to do an editorial and story with her or wait until is showing some more and do one of those fancy shmancy pregnancy shoots, but the shoot is supposed to be this month. If you're wondering how I could possibly confuse this for VS Swim, it's because if she does the editorial it would be swimsuit related and that's what made me think that it might be for VS. Anyway, let's cross our fingers! Again, when we find out more news we will let you all know. When this girl is going to have the time to get married, I have no clue.

Credit Lima-Fans.com if reposted.

Heaven forbid she had sex out of wedlock. Catholics might piss themselves and le gasp her fans would die? o.O Oh the thought! an adult having sex before marriage.... what IS the world coming too

If that's the context that people put her situation in, then it's her own doing. GQ didn't pull those words out of her mouth. She volunteered the information. Without that article, no one would even think, blink, or care about the timing of her pregnancy. So Lima stuck her own foot in her mouth on that one.

Furthermore, it's only an issue if you actually believed the GQ comments. We all have our own opinions on that one.

Yea...because a beautiful woman being a virgin is just SO outrageous.

As for the swimsuit thing Sav, I'm so excited she seems to be embracing this pregnancy. That shows she truly is proud of that belly...hopefully she'll pull a "Heidi" and continue to participate in product launches for VS throughout her pregnancy.

Not at all... ;)

She stood on that soapbox. There's naturally going to be raised eyebrows as the result of her "changing her mind" which of course she's totally entitled to do and clearly did at "some" point - (i.e. "changing her mind"). I'll play along, give her the benefit of the doubt. LOL ;)

But anyway, the GQ thing has been stomped into the ground around here. We have all formed our own individual opinions about the veracity of her words. The interview was in broken English after all.