Bellazon

Geeky Toys

TooBoku

This is a conversation continuing from another thread...

One of my favorite things about behind-the-scenes videos from the fashion world is seeing the photographers and the equipment they use - I'm such a gadget-geek lol. :ninja:

I love Canon. My Dad bought me a EOS 650 when I was 8... we found it at a garage sale for $7!!! Took many many pictures with that... we used to keep a garbage bin in the car because we would drive around and eat in the car all the time and I kept the camera there just in case... then it accidentally got thrown out :(

Easy come easy go I guess.

I totally hear you on the gadget geekiness though... now I'm into audio equipment.

Behold... the beast I get to play with every other Sunday

Venue_System_lrg_40954.jpg

One Digidesign Venue Live Audio Mixing Console... one the first ones in Canada... A live show sound guy's wet dream.

TOOBS,I'M A MUSIQ PRODUCTION AND AUDIO ENGINEERING STUDENT :shock:

HOW THA HELL DID U GET THAT EQUIPMENT?

ARE U USING PROTOOLS HD?

TOOBS TOOBS TOOBS TOOBS

HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR YOUR CONSOLE?

:chicken:

TOOBS TOOBS TOOBS TOOBS TOOBS

DID U BUY EXTERNAL HARDWARE SUCH AS COMPRESSORS AND LIMITERS TOO?

:bounce:

Hahahahaha! :D

It's nice to have someone else to talk geek with once in a while!

Actually. I attend a non-denominational church where I volunteer every other Sunday. I'm more of a wire-monkey than a sound guy but I do get a chance to play with the consoles. One of my best friends works in the recording industry though and he gets to play with the ICON every single day.

The console was around $80,000 which is actually pretty cheap for a board with it's capability.

As for the externals... we still have them from the old analog board but there's no need for any of that anymore because of the protools plugins.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=...langid=100&

Church is about 2600 people in regular attendance. From my eyeball estimate.

More information on website: http://theportico.ca/

$80G is decent... we can rig it with 96 channels, 16 VCAs, X groups, 16 AUX, and a PQ system.

The analog board is going into storage until the contrustion for the building extension is complete.

Pro-tools is awesome for live sound. We're using plugins mostly for graphic EQs right now but we just got the board a month ago so everyone is still getting used to it. Eventually though, we will be programming live shows with this things so all anyone has to do is start the timer and all the channels will mute/unmute/solo autmatically, change EQs automatically when people share mics or wireless frequencies, activate certain effects/plugins automatically... Also, the plugins come in handy because we record all our live shows/services and the video editors could probably do better with some raw files than the AUX feed they've been getting with the analog system.

Haha! That's exactally what I was afraid of too but it's not supposed to be a problem since the console has a limit to the number of plugins you have running at the same time and has throttling or something like that. I have to look into that more.

You know what's even cooler than that though?

You can control it through VNC.

That means if I can find a VNC player for my cellphone... heheheh...