Bellazon

Veronica Varekova
Thumbnail

Gilligan

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 6:04 PM, Samiot said:

VV was awesome! She was along with Daniela Pestova part of the Czech chics who had such a big presence in SI for years.  With classically beautiful figures, and beautiful faces they were big in Victoria's Secret. Occasionally, there is a post about Daniela, but I rarely see anything about Veronica. Would be interested to hear what she is doing now. Thanks for your post!

@SamiotWhile Daniela is still working as a model, VV is basicslly fully retired. She has an editorial here and there in czech Elle or some mag, she occassionaly attends an event, but that´s it. She focuses on african wildlife (conservationists, investnents etc), she even completed masters degree because of this and basically all her recents eds and interviews are connected to this particular cause. I suggest you follow her on ig (czechstervv), she is kind of active there.

I’ve been always fan of hers (gosh I love her face) and miss new modeling shots of her, wish she was more visible (just like Daniela) but I respect her decision to step down as a model to follow her passion. However, she shares selfies on her ig, so we have at least something ;) 

7 hours ago, ve.ro.nika said:

@SamiotWhile Daniela is still working as a model, VV is basicslly fully retired. She has an editorial here and there in czech Elle or some mag, she occassionaly attends an event, but that´s it. She focuses on african wildlife (conservationists, investnents etc), she even completed masters degree because of this and basically all her recents eds and interviews are connected to this particular cause. I suggest you follow her on ig (czechstervv), she is kind of active there.

I’ve been always fan of hers (gosh I love her face) and miss new modeling shots of her, wish she was more visible (just like Daniela) but I respect her decision to step down as a model to follow her passion. However, she shares selfies on her ig, so we have at least something ;) 

Unfortunately, however, she locks (blocking) out anyone on IG who not only wants to follow her but also likes to comment on her posts. One could almost think that she has completely erased her past as a model from her life.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:21 PM, EagleEye said:

Unfortunately, however, she locks (blocking) out anyone on IG who not only wants to follow her but also likes to comment on her posts. One could almost think that she has completely erased her past as a model from her life.

I had no idea! But makes sense to me now - i tried to contact her once through DM, telling her I was  huge fan of hers and that I used to run her fan sites and she never responded.  To be honest I expected at least a thank you 😬

2 hours ago, ve.ro.nika said:

I had no idea! But makes sense to me now - i tried to contact her once through DM, telling her I was  huge fan of hers and that I used to run her fan sites and she never responded.  To be honest I expected at least a thank you 😬

It's a real pity that she behaves like that. But anyone who doesn't appreciate his past doesn't really deserve any more fans and followers. Well, at least you can easily follow Petra Nemcova and Daniela Pestova and comment on their posts without being banned.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, Sea-Appearance1878 said:

Does anyone know which show this is from?

According to FMD, she walked these shows: 

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 1998 {Jean Charles de Castelbajac, Ralph Lauren}
Ready to wear - Autumn/Winter 1998 {Chanel, Fendi, Krizia, Salvatore Ferragamo}
Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 2001 {Lolita Lempicka}

16 hours ago, ve.ro.nika said:

According to FMD, she walked these shows: 

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 1998 {Jean Charles de Castelbajac, Ralph Lauren}
Ready to wear - Autumn/Winter 1998 {Chanel, Fendi, Krizia, Salvatore Ferragamo}
Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 2001 {Lolita Lempicka}

Thanks. Any others you know of?

9 hours ago, Sea-Appearance1878 said:

Thanks. Any others you know of?

I can think only of charitable show for Tereza Maxova foundation from 2005 (Nadace Terezy Maxove).  I uploaded them to this thread. 
I have a huge collection of Veronika’s photos, but runway pics are extremely rare. She herfelf said that she was never runway model and that she hated doing shows. 

18 hours ago, ArianaVSCouture said:

I have a feeling it's her again in Ralph Lauren FW 1997. FMD is not always an accurate source when it comes to runways because Veronica wasn't in Ralph Lauren SS 1998 show as they claim.

Your feeling is correct @ArianaVSCouture 🤩 I know that FMD is not always correct but given the fact that it’s really hard to find any  runways runway photos and she herslef said she does not like shows, I assumed that there is not much to find.
These photos you shared really made my day, thank you so much for posting (and keep them coming 😛)! I love this kind of surprise! 

• 5 months later...