Gael Garcia Bernal
Thumbnail

SpanishEyes

Biography for

Gael García Bernal

Height

5' 6" (1.68 m)

Mini biography

Gael García Bernal began his acting career as a child, working with his parents in a variety of plays. When he was fourteen, he starred in a soap opera called "Abuelo y yo, El" (1992). He appeared in film school exercises and short films, including De tripas, corazón (1996), directed by Antonio Urrutia, which was nominated for an Academy 'Award' for Best Short Film, and Ojo en la nuca, El (2001), a short film directed by Rodrigo Plá. Bernal studied acting in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London. Amores perros (2000) was his first major feature film, followed by Y tu mamá también (2001), directed by Alfonso Cuarón and photographed by Emmanuel Lubezki.

IMDb mini-biography by

[email protected]

Trivia

Studied acting in London.

Close friend of Diego Luna.

Son of Patricia Bernal and José Ángel García.

Was named one of "People en Español"'s 25 Most Beautiful 2002 (June 2002 Issue)

He can speak English, Italian, Spanish and French

Dated actress Natalie Portman (March 2003-May 2004)

At 17, traveled to Europe and, in 1999, studied dramatic art at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England for three years. He was the first Mexican to be accepted at this prestigious school.

He said his idols are Klaus Kinski, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Marcello Mastroianni.

Has been cast twice as the revolutionary guerrilla fighter Ernesto "Che" Guevara. First in the miniseries "Fidel" and later in the film "Diarios de motocicleta" (The motorcycle diaries).

Personal quotes

"A person isn't born with the intelligence to be with someone especial, you learn it, and you fail in the path of life, but you don't have to give up the chance to love."

"The democracy we should practice it not each six years, but each day."

"The Talent survives and remains while the beauty is diluted."

"The histories are to educate, so that we understand better for ourselves and for motivation."

"I believe fervently in the nature, in truth and imagination, I believe in the blood, in life, words, and motivations."

gael-garcia-bernal01.jpg

gael_garcia_bernal.png

GaelGarcia_Ausse_390657_400.png

gael_garcia_bernal_big.jpg

cheFILM.jpg

ouchiemajor.jpg

9227.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I concure, he is a great actor.

When I first saw him in Y Tu Mama Tambien ... I though, " too bad he's too short for my taste".

Apart from that he's a pretty cute guy and I love his eyes.

My opinion might be bias because he looks a little like my first crush.

• 2 weeks later...

lol. My first Gael movie was Y tu, then I was like oh I gotta see him in other movies so I went to Blockbuster and got all his movies. Man he is a GREAT GREAT actor! It's like I'm suduced into believing every word he says. LOL. I forget the titles of the movies I saw. Umm Amores Perros is a great movie too. Check it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
is he real dating Natalie Portman again ? ( lucky f... )

errr hes lucky? im sorry i beg to differ its totally the other way around

and lolita you love him too? :laugh: i love our same tastes in actors..heath and now gaell

gael is an immensely great actor...he is just amazing...motorcycle diaries is just one of thsoe rare movies and its one my all time favorites and i can say all this from watching it last friday..i am dieing over this man! lol

and tiffany i feel you on that one :blush:

OMG I love Gael. You have no idea how much. Y tu mama tambien is one of my favorite movies and I'm very happy to announce that Gael is working on an American film. I know the plot of the movie but it's a bit blurry to me at the moment. His character will be named Elvis.

My friend says he looks like a monkey (he's a guy though, why should he care?) But i think hes so cute, he's a great actor as well.
He's the hottest monkey I've ever laid eyes on!

Ah, yes ... a monkey. Wtv, when i saw "y tu mama tambien" I kinda wanted to be banged by him too along with all those other skanks in that movie. Too bad he was premature most of the time :no: