Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

I tried to translate the interview into English who are interested. - https://vogue.ua/article/beauty/byuti-gid/eksklyuziv-intervyu-s-modelyu-tonni-garrn.html

Vogue UA feb 23 2018

Exclusive: interview with model Toni Garrn

The top model, the heroine of one of the covers of the Vogue UA, met with Alena Ponomarenko in Berlin, told about her life, and revealed the secrets of her beauty.

We meet with Toni Garrn on the roof of Berlin. She has incredibly beautiful hair - blond, with glare, carelessly laid, and icy blue eyes - a combination inherited from nature and providing contracts, covers and exits on the main catwalks of the world, from Chanel to Balmain and Victoria's Secret. Of course, I can not help admiring the sigh: "What a beauty you are!" "You too," Toni immediately retorts.

Schwarzkopf did not have many envoys. One of them is the world-famous German top model, the blonde Heidi Klum. Today she leads the show Germany's Next Top Model and brings up children. Toni says Heidi is her role model. However, Toni herself has long been a role model not only for ordinary women, but also for colleagues: a large part of her fees (and Garrn is included in the prestigious "Money" rating on models.com) she spends on good deeds.

A few years ago she founded a foundation that helps young Africans from poor families to get education, to realize themselves, to find a profession and their place in life. "I've worked in Africa on various projects since I was 16," Toni says. "Now we are building two hostels there, so that girls who study in Zimbabwe could live in them." And she explains that the main problem of the continent is the distance to schools. So girls prefer not to go to school at all, than to go to it 10 km on foot. Toni wants to help them get an education. "As soon as the girl turns 14-16, she marries, works around the house, gives birth to children. What kind of school can we talk about here. And the hostel is the way to keep them in school, "she says. And he hopes that he will be able to implement similar projects in different countries.

She says that girls without education remain unaware of their rights, religion and opportunities. "They become pregnant very early and do not even suspect that they do not have to be part of the harem. They do not know how to take care of themselves properly. And here, of course, the roots of many other problems. "

The model says it's difficult to cope with emotions when it comes to human destinies. "Meanwhile, as we live and how people live in Africa, there is a colossal difference. I constantly remind myself how lucky I am. And, of course, I try to be collected and calm: people need help, not emotions. "

You can talk on this topic for a long time, but I want to catch everything and, of course, I'm starting to inquire as Toni takes care of herself. It turns out a lot of interesting things.

Hair

I have never, never in my life lightened and dyed my hair. With color, lucky (all relatives have a darker shade), in addition, hair is burned in the sun. I generally try not to touch them much. Not  washing too much, I do not dry with a hair dryer - they dry up themselves. Only occasionally I straighten up them, if they are really curling in rings. I use only organic means. When you need volume - I use dry shampoo, when you need to fix your hair - a little hairspray. And I mix the conditioner with butter or oil for hair. It nourishes and revitalizes the hair.

Beauty-rules in the inheritance

The main rule that I learned from my mother is to apply sunscreen every day. I remember now: I'm six years old, we live in Greece. You get up in the morning to the toilet - and you hear my mother: "Immediately sunscreen!" And this can not be avoided, saying that I will go back to bed. The rule  was absolutely indestructible: I woke up, brushed my teeth, and applied sunscreen. My childish olfactory memory is the fragrance of my mother's perfume, mixed with the smell of Taft hair spray. My mother had a short haircut, and she always sprinkled it with varnish.

Rules of beauty on the road

"I never drink in flight. I mean, I drink a liters of water, but never - alcohol, it's harmful. I certainly wear compression underwear to protect my veins. With myself I take only lip balm RMS Beauty and put the cream on my face before planting. All funds are organic "

About sport

I believe that any person can stay in shape, it's just hard work. As for me, I spend a lot of time trying to look like I look. I'm watching what I eat; Every day, whenever possible, I go to the gym. I have an indestructible rule - sweating every day. I am engaged in boxing, yoga, playing tennis, running. Every day is something new. Because, most of all I love to eat. The most delicious for me is sweets and pastries. Especially from German or French bakeries. Oh, those buns in Germany, with cinnamon and custard, I adore! I can never deny myself that. I work in the gym. But basically I like physical activity. Most of all - to ride a bike around the city. And if we talk about sports, then I hesitate between tennis and boxing.

About her shortcomings

I'm lucky with facial features and hair, but I have to work constantly over the body. Every day I work hard to look good. And so, probably, I have not more flaws. Well, except that the skin is dry. Earlier, about five years ago, this was not. And, and one more drawback - very sensitive skin of lips. I use only organic oils.

About adolescence

I started working at 14, so my teenage years passed on the podium: style, design, fashion, podiums and so on. And before that, I was a very nice, shy little girl. Not shackled, but shy.

About people who inspire

I learned a lot from Pat McGrath. We saw each other almost every day, and she was like my mother, was busy and took care that everything was in order. When I turned 15, my skin rashes started, and her advice at that time helped me a lot. I also adore Sam McKnight. Once I worked in the studio, he combed me. A doorbell rang at the door - it was my mother (she then accompanied me everywhere). Sam went to open - and immediately exclaimed: "My God, you're Toni's mom! That's why she's so beautiful. " Mom brightened: we are not too similar, but Sam "considered" the similarity at a glance. Of course, she was very pleased.

About beauty shopping and favorite means

The main beauty-treasure of the world is my bathroom. They give me so many gifts! Sometimes I do not even have time to see everything. The Honest Company (brand specializing in skin care for babies - ed.) A lot of interesting. From cosmetics I love NARS, their lipstick - just super. If they told me to leave only five funds in the cosmetic bag, I would choose a lip balm, Hermès oil, Dior or NARS mascara, make-up remover and Taft hair spray.

About books, music and serials

I read only books on self-development, no dramas. The last one from Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find—and Keep—Love  by Amir Levin and Rachel Heller. All my friends are crazy about her. I also liked it. Now I'm reading a book about startups. 

In my playlist - a lot of African and Latin American music. African - such a very terrestrial drums, and Latin American and want to start dancing. I grew up on cha-cha-cha, salsa, samba, so now I really love all kinds of "despacito". I like to go to the cinema, see a good movie, but honestly, when I'm home alone, I choose all sorts of brainless serials like "Franky and Grace." I do not want to say that this is garbage, no! They are so funny and soothing that I often fall asleep under them.

2 hours ago, sore said:

Thank you so much for the translation!

I feel a bit sorry for her, I think she really has been struggling with her weight recently. And unfortunately, it really shows in the pap pictures posted above. 

I think she's a little cunning! Look at Alina Baikova, she just does not leave the gym for hours, and now she starts doing show again. I just want to say that Toni should now strain her ass and start training really hard, and probably change  diet. It was the same with Hailey Clauson, at the release of 2016 SI phototshoot she was pretty plump and she had problems, and look at this year's photo, she's just in stunning form and again doing the show. I want Toni to devote herself to this. Just concentrated on form and herself.
Photoshoot she will always do, but I wish more, and I hope she, too.