Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

On 20/6/2017 at 6:42 PM, kissnena said:

Vogue Spain, july 2017. 
Ph: Gonzalo Machado.

They aren't HQ because they are screenshots, but quality is better and you can read the interview. I can translate it if someone is interested, though she doesn't say much.

12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

18.jpg

There might be some mistakes because prepositions hate me haha But I think you can understand everything. If there is something weird or that you don't understand, let me know and I'll try to explain it with other words :smile:

She wanted to be a dancer, but as has happened many times before, a models' agent crossed her path and the life of that 14 year old, who had "never seen a Vogue magazine before", totally changed. Today, ten years later, Toni Garrn (Hamburg, 1992) is greatful of that coincidence that opened her the doors of a world where she "likes almost everything and where she is learning every single day". It has been a constant life lesson, with a lot of memorable moments; but also with situations that, when you are 15 or 17, can be tough. "That made me stronger. I can be sick, have to travel to Australia for two months, or live in the desert, and I'll be fine. I've got used to anything". Modelling is an unpredictable job than can destabilize you, but that she has learnt to rest importance, as she explains with a lot of common sense and humour, "sometimes, on the fashion world, missing a flight, having a bad hair day, or any tiny unexpected thing can cause panic. But that doesn't kill you, it isn't a brain surgery. Fashion isn't everything, there are more important things in life. I would have gone crazy if I took it too seriously". In fact, she confesses that her job has made her value the most ordinary things, "like my kitchen or my closet". It has also given her the chance to learn how to take care of herself. "I have a very positive relationship with my body".

Toni is one of those people who enjoy life and always sees the glass half-full. She loves to be surrounded by people. "I can spend hours talking with my friends about anything. I am like the group therapist". Even after four flights who took her from Zimbabwe to Alicante the day before, losing her luggage or having a horrible night, she still is very talkative. We talk about her projects - "I am taking acting classes, I want to learn, not be part of a big movie"- about her hobbies - playing the piano, baking (her weakness), or play tennis -; about her addiction to mascara; her wish to become a mom on the next decade, or how weird it is to see mothers and daughters looking the same age. As a social media lover, she worries about people believing that everything on Instagram is real. "There are so many apps and filters, that it can be so fake!. Nevertheless, it is an amazing tool to be in contact with friends, find inspirational places, or express your opinions". Toni also uses them to give visibility to her humanitarian work in Africa with her foundation, which aims is to promove the acces to education to little girls and teenagers. "African women are powerful and strong, but a lot of them get pregnant when they are very young, and on these cases education is key". When she speaks about Africa, the model gets excited: "Even among all that poverty and adversity, I see happy people, and that gives me a lot of energy".

After some weeks in Zimbabwe, Toni is at the Sha Wellness Clinic, the other side of the coin. She found about it when she was 18 thanks to Google. "At that time my body was changing, starting to look more feminine, and I had to keep being thin for the shows. I didn't want to lose weight; I wanted to find a place where I could learn to eat healthy -her biggest worry-, work out, and take care of myself". While looking for that, she found the perfect place, just next to Altea. Since then, she confesses to be convict and reoffending.

5 hours ago, kissnena said:

@sore was right!

Special issue of the 65 BILD anniversary.

2c8996cb7efd880a.png

http://www.bild.de/news/topics/65-jahre-bild/toni-garn-zeigt-wie-sexy-adiletten-sind-52174524.bild.html 

and BTS video but i cant download

I really wish I had been wrong on this one. They must have paid a LOT, that's my only explanation why she agreed to shoot for them. The pic isn't really great either. @kissnena

23 minutes ago, kissnena said:

In the style of Tony Kelly, in general I like most of all the fact that there will be 41 million copies. This is more than any glossy magazine! More attention. @sore

That's true, but for the wrong clientele. It's distributed to most (or every?) German household for free, and most people (at least most people I know) don't want to have it and are very bothered by the fact that they receive it without being asked wether or not they want it. For their 60th birthday, they did the same but announced it before, so a lot of houses had letters on their front doors explicitly saying that they absolutely don't want it. This time around they learned their "lesson" and didn't even announce it beforehand, which is even more annoying. 

So, yes, a lot of people will see her, but not for the right reasons.