Bellazon

The Ultimate VS Supermodel

moiselles

no more polls for me, these arent objective votes, theyre popularity contests.

Just because Gisele isn't killing Ale in votes or what? I agree that these votes are mostly not objective but I can justify voting Ale.

- Gisele rejected VS. Given her reasons for doing so were over the issue of payment, nonetheless she did quit on VS.

- VS didn't think keeping Gisele was worth the money she wanted from them

- Gisele's charisma is of the glamour of being a high profile supermodel. Though Ale hasn't been as media present, her work speaks for itself.

- To add to the above point, Gisele is not a lingerie model. She is a headliner. Her best work is on the runway while Ale continues to produce in both medias.

- The themes I typically get from Gisele's work are very base level desires... animality. Which isn't really a bad thing. I'll even give her that she does it extremely well. She isn't however very good at portraying other versions of 'sexy'.

- Furthermore, when I think of classic VS (What it was back in the day before it sold out it the great american marketing machine), the themes coming to mind are exotic, british colonial, romantic, sophisticated, and subtle.

- Gisele is however, the perfect model if your merchandise consists of black pointy hats and broomsticks.

Side by side with the 'classics'

Round 1

Model: Daniela Pestova, Theme: Fun in summer clothes

aadp190.jpgdp190.jpggbdp190.jpg

Curves, check. Neckline, check. Happyface, check. One thing that Daniela and Ale get that Gisele kinda missed in this picture (besides being pretty) is a certain degree of sophistication. It's not the whole Czech thing, even though Ale has some borrowed moves from Petra in this photo. They still have the appearance of having certain intentions even though fully clothges. Gisele just looks like she's happy someone took her for a ride in a boat.

Round 2

Model: Karen Mulder, Theme: I can see through that

aakm190.jpgkm190.jpggbkm190.jpg

For starters, Karen Mulder is awesome in this picture. I was lucky enough to find Gisele and Ale doing similar poses for this one so comparison is easier. Gisele gets a point for having a more dramatic line but Ale's line is a bit more natural in this. She is also taking advantage of the local architecture... like Karen. Karen though maybe a little less intense has the look like she wants you to come over to her, Ale has a similar vibe but in a more sinister way. Sadly, even though this is one of Gisele's better shots in my opinion, the expression on her face says one of two things to me... "I am to good to pay attention to you" or "OMG. I can't wait for this to be over. Just do your business already."

Round 3

Model: Stephanie Seymour, Theme: Lace can kill

ss400.jpg

aass190.jpggbss190.jpg

Steph has them both slaughtered. I think she'll probably end up winning this thing. Same comments as above though... Gisele seems more occupied with her lingerie than what she's going to do with it. Also... it's hard to see the sexy when you can't get past how ugly someone's nose it.

I should sleep soon... but at least that's enough for me to justify my voting Ale... that and I can't stand gisele. She's the world's biggest butterface. Put a paper bag over her head and she'll probably have a chance though.