Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007 (POST-SHOW THREAD)

Prettyphile

I got the same feeling Hutch. I still fully believe the best show was 2003. Everything about that show was spot on.. Since 2003 things have gone downhill slowly.. and while this last attempt to create a better show was a vast improvement from the year 2006.. it's still lacking so much.. thus is fails.

2007 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - After Party

HOLLYWOOD - NOVEMBER 15: Models Jessica Weiss, Caroline Trentini and Julia Stegner attend the 2007 Victoria's Secret fashion show after party held at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel on November 15, 2007 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

77954430.jpg

I'm really excited for this years show!

To me it looks like they managed to blend

in the best things about VSFS '06 & '07.

2006 was great because of the energy and

how cute and colourful everything was.

The models had a lot of spunk and that

was my favourite thing about the show.

It looks like the models were adding a lot

of personality to their walks [that's why

their arms are in the air in a lot of pictures]

and, while it doesn't photograph the best, I

think that it's going to look great on TV!

The best thing about 2007 was how BIG

everything was. The theatre was huge and

they had amazing sets and lots of detail

in the outfits. In my opinion they sometimes

got/get too carried away with the themes

and detail and gets to be too much... But

this year outfits look great for the most

part and all the sets look really good!

In my opinion, the best thing about '03 was

the music and I don't know how the music

was this year but if I had to guess, I think

that it's going to be as good as back then.

I hope they're going to mix the songs a bit

because some of them aren't that great...

VS is learning every year and figuring out

what works and what doesn't.

:heart:

I got the same feeling Hutch. I still fully believe the best show was 2003. Everything about that show was spot on.. Since 2003 things have gone downhill slowly.. and while this last attempt to create a better show was a vast improvement from the year 2006.. it's still lacking so much.. thus is fails.

Have to agree with you there. Haven't been on the same level after 2003. Oh well...At least music was better last year than this time around. At least in my opinion. Other than that it really looks like this years show has improved from last year

If the audience being happy in the clips that I have watched from this year is any indication, the show will rock this year :) :drool: :fun:

And all the models are really showcasing their personalities. Andi, Inguna, the models I least expected to be energetic have proved me wrong and of course the rest are amazing as well

Yes! 2003 is definitely one of best! My favorite show :D

"It looks like the models were adding a lot

of personality to their walks [that's why

their arms are in the air in a lot of pictures]" - Then I guess Angela has been doing that every since 2003 :laugh:

Okay i'll be a dork for once in a life time. :shifty:

Sensitive crying fans, please try to skip this very post. Your effort is my 5 minutes cussing-free. Thank you. :flower:

1. Which theme overall did you like the most?

- Blade Runner. It's cool.

2. Which five models looked the best?

- Andi Muise, Heidi Klum, Morgane Dubled, Karolina Kurkova and Inguna. (Izabel comes really close with that red outfit, YUM!!!).

3. Which theme{s} didn't you like?

- The shitty pink theme. Why the hell did everygirl have to carry a ....a...thigh plate again ?! I once heard the plate said " Hippie chick". :confused: Pshh, it looked more like bandaged chick to me. <_< Moving on!!!

4. Which five models could of looked a lot better?

- Jessica Stam : After forcing her at gunpoint to put on those amazingly creepy outfits, i bet the Victoria's Secret chief has also voodooed her for that stumble. Seriously....

- Selita Ebanks : She could have looked a million times better if she didn't exist. Enough said. High fiiiive!!!!

- Eugenia V : *yawns*

The rest looked pretty good so they're off my hook. :whistle:

5. Is there anything you would of changed about this years show?

- I would so f*cking replace Seal's diamond encrusted pajama outfit with anything of the human wear. His old halloween costume looked so much better.

72331319ua0.jpg

- The music sucks big ass. We all have different taste i know but whoever picked those tracks must be the spawn of Hitler. DIEEEE... <_<

- I'd warn the girls before the show : anyone throwing your hands in the air will be fired.

6. What were your overall fav outfits of the show..

Adriana, Isabeli, Karolina, Alessandra, Izabel and Andi's.

748180001h123756lolq3.th.jpg 748320006h123766loyo2.th.jpg 752880031h123647lofk3.th.jpg

753120040h123222loby9.th.jpg 755920054h12381looq4.th.jpg x001869mz6ft0.th.jpg

7. What outfits do you hate the most?

754460042h123575loqs1.jpg

- As if she hasn't looked like sh*t already, VS threw in more yellow crap on her. Poor Selita, she even had to carry 2 zombie hands touching her shit around.

751520022h122649losz4.jpg

- Lemme guess, hippie lady liberty chick ?!! Awww, how bullshitalicious. NEXT!!!!

748290004h123955loyg5.jpg

- I don't know what were they thinking but ninja turtle outfit was NOT made to be sexy.

751870028h122951lorn0.jpg

- This is the contest winner right ?!! I think whoever won that contest has to make their own outfit also. Poor girl. At least she caught up on that shitty "hippie chick'' bandage.

751570023h122818lozr8.jpg

- This is exactly what George Bush should equip our soldiers with. Think of how many soldiers we could have saved in the Irag war with that cuirass. Oh man....

755970055h12376loqd9.jpg

- Maybe VS is promoting their new recyled lingeries line. That's why instead of tossing all those left over ties and bows away, they had Marisa carry them.

There're more shitty outfits to talk about but i'm so freaking tired so blah.....

Your theory is based on the assumption that a few billion humans is enough of a population to have created an instance of every possible genetic variety, which would also include a perfect specimen of physical beauty. I would say that in itself is already very, very unlikely.

Why would every possible genetic combination have to be created in order for someone to be born "perfect"? :idk: That's like saying you have to play every single number in existence in order to win the lottery, and we all know that's not the case. After all, if enough people play the lotto, someone's going to win sooner or later.

Actually, your lottery example is a good one. The reason that most weeks there is a lottery winner is because the lottery system is designed as such that there is a large enough number of people participating for there to be a big winner quite frequently. For instance, Belgium's most popular lottery system is a 6 winning number system out of a total of 42 numbers. Simple probability theory tells us that we only need a little over 5000000 lottery forms to be filled out to all but guarantee a winner. Which is why we do have a winner more times than not.

But genetics are not as simple as that. Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. These are cut in half during the creation of ovules and sperm. So already at the stage of ovules and sperm, you have 2^23 possible chromosome varieties. When a sperm cell fertilizes an ovule, this number increases even more, since every ovule-chromosome can combine with every sperm cell chromosome. And that doesn't even factor in mutation. Or the fact that during the process of creating sperm cells and ovules, the chromosomes tend to be re-arranged somewhat, adding even more possibilities to the human genetic spectrum.

But not even factoring in those mutations and the chromosomal cross-pollination, so just taking into account the number of possible combinations at the fertilization stage, we come at a number of over 70000000000000. That's 70000 billion. An optimistic estimate of the total human population since its existence would be around 22 billion. So that is a population which is quite inadequate to guarantee the birth of a genetically perfect child. In fact, it's a population number that would suggest it being very very unlikely that a perfect child has yet been born. 22/70000 = 1/3181 that it has happened.