Bellazon

Karla Devine
Thumbnail

Layla90

I saw this girl on fashionmodeldirectory.com and she caught my eye. So I decided to make a thread about her here on bellazon. She doesn't have any on tfs!

She is from Taupo in New Zealand.

Height:5'10" ; 178cm

Measurements:(US) 32-24-35 ; (EU) 83-62-89

Dress Size:(US) 2 ; (EU) 32

Shoe Size:(US) 9 ; (EU) 40

Advertisements:Sass & Bide

Young model impresses at fashion week

Oct 21, 2004 6:49 AM

It's not just the clothes creating a buzz at the fourth New Zealand Fashion Week. A 16-year-old Taupo girl making her catwalk debut has also become a talking point.

Taupo teen Karla Devine is the homegrown hot pick this year.

She's never been on the catwalk before, but that hasn't stopped her being selected for 11 shows, including Zambesi, Kate Sylvester and Helen Cherry.

"Most of it I enjoy.. it's just hair and make up that goes on forever is a boring bit, but it's not too bad.

"It's quite rushed and early starts.. but lots of fun and all the girls are really good," Devine says.

Kiwi catwalk queen Angela Dunn, who at 43 is still modelling in Europe, has watched Devine blossom.

"Gorgeous. She's lovely. Such a pretty girl and so very lovely. And really improved as well, a girl that I've really noticed getting more confident," Dunn says.

But as glamorous as fashion week may be, it is still just a trade show and Dunn believes the best models are the ones that no one actually remembers.

"Because after all everyone's coming to watch the clothes.. not the girl...and some models forget that...it's not about us. It's about the designer or the money that they're putting in to showing their collection."

source:http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/425828/454365

• 5 months later...

Posted by june gloom at tFS:

article from nzherald:

Taupo's Karla Devine was named by international expat model Angela Dunn last week as the model most likely to succeed. The Taupo-Nui-A-Tia College student will be on the runway during Fashion Week. She turned 16 on Tuesday.

How did you get into modelling?

I found the Clyne Management website and sent in some photos. I had an interview and was signed on a three-year contract. That was just over a year ago.

Did you always want to model?

For as long as I can remember.

Your favourite model?

Kate Moss or Carolyn Murphy. I think they're both extremely beautiful and very versatile. Kate has a unique look and has worked with some of the world's top designers and magazines.

What was your reaction to Angela Dunn singling you out?

I was shocked. I'm really happy. I think it's very exciting.

What's your secret to walking down the runway?

I'm new at this, so I'll stick to "don't trip".

Best thing about modelling?

Everything - I love it. The people you meet, the opportunities, the excitement, the jobs - even the castings. It's also cool to see how things happen before they hit the magazines or runway and the amount of work that goes into it all.

Who is your favourite local designer?

Nom* D, Zambesi and Karen Walker.

Which international designer would you most like to work for?

Ultimately Gucci or Yves Saint Laurent. I love the clothes.

What's your beauty routine?

Generally, I just cleanse and moisturise my face in the morning and night. And minimal makeup.

3yydlph.png

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...