Bellazon

Hanne Gaby Odiele
Thumbnail

1goiaba

OMG guys I didn't know that Hanne has an accident that enabled her to model for a while :shock: it's written in the article from teenvogue.com which I will post now. But there's a mistake, they say she made her runway debut in fall 2006, but some time ago I was looking through Marc by Marc Jacobs show pics from style.com (so it was September 2005) and she was there. I wondered what happened that she's there again, after a few seasons, but I thought it's because of school or something :blink:

Catwalk Comeback

They say life can change in the blink of an eye. And no one knows this better than 20-year-old Belgian model Hanne Gaby Odiele Termote. In the fall of 2006, she made her runway debut at Marc by Marc jacobs and appeared in Italian Vogue. But her glamorous life came to a screeching halt when a car (speeding through a red light) hit her on a New York City street, breaking her legs and almost every bone in her body. Bedridden for months, Hanne was determined to get back in the game. "I had too much energy—I had to walk again," she says. Despite being told it could take up to a year for her to begin to recover, after multiple surgeries and several months of intense physical therapy, Hanne was up and about?and back on the runway in nearly 60 spring and fall 2008 shows, from Chanel to Alexander Wang. I even spotted her dancing at a late-night fashion-week soiree! With a new outlook on life, why shouldn't she be dancing? "I'm more mature after my accident and take modeling more seriously," she says. "I know fashion can help me do great things in the future, but it's most important to enjoy each day as it comes." —ANDREW BEVAN

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

^ you have to get an invitation from somebody who is already registered there.

:woot:

22m.jpg

Calvin Klein and Visionaire's 56 Solar Party

Hanne Gaby Odiele with Ali Stephens, in Calvin Klein Collection

style.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OMG guys I didn't know that Hanne has an accident that enabled her to model for a while :shock: it's written in the article from teenvogue.com which I will post now. But there's a mistake, they say she made her runway debut in fall 2006, but some time ago I was looking through Marc by Marc Jacobs show pics from style.com (so it was September 2005) and she was there. I wondered what happened that she's there again, after a few seasons, but I thought it's because of school or something :blink:

Catwalk Comeback

They say life can change in the blink of an eye. And no one knows this better than 20-year-old Belgian model Hanne Gaby Odiele Termote. In the fall of 2006, she made her runway debut at Marc by Marc jacobs and appeared in Italian Vogue. But her glamorous life came to a screeching halt when a car (speeding through a red light) hit her on a New York City street, breaking her legs and almost every bone in her body. Bedridden for months, Hanne was determined to get back in the game. "I had too much energy�"I had to walk again," she says. Despite being told it could take up to a year for her to begin to recover, after multiple surgeries and several months of intense physical therapy, Hanne was up and about?and back on the runway in nearly 60 spring and fall 2008 shows, from Chanel to Alexander Wang. I even spotted her dancing at a late-night fashion-week soiree! With a new outlook on life, why shouldn't she be dancing? "I'm more mature after my accident and take modeling more seriously," she says. "I know fashion can help me do great things in the future, but it's most important to enjoy each day as it comes." �"ANDREW BEVAN

OH MY WORD! :| AND SHE HAPPILY BEARS HER BODY NOW! (WITHOUT GOING INTO DEEP ANALYSIS) WHAT A SURVIVOR! :| :|