Bellazon

Erin Heatherton
Thumbnail

chrisis511

I think Erin didn't so much burn her bridges with VS and with SI but with the modeling industry as a whole.

She was on a few podcasts when she was just retired and she sounded SO relieved to be out of the industry.

The only reason she is back now is because she somehow burned through her mid to high seven figure nest egg in a couple of years.

Oh yeah she burned a lot of bridges, not with just those two brands but since those were the ones mentioned we addressed those. Does she even have an agency these days?

You all are probably right.  But hey... wishful thinking! 😄

VS and SI are trying to change their image in recent years, especially with VS's business going south and their potential sell off by L Brands, so a story of redemption could also help their brand from a marketing perspective.  Again, probably wishful thinking.

On a side note, it's good to see Emily DiDonato back in SI this year. 👍

1 hour ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

She recently started a fitness business here in Chicago. (She’s from here)

that must be to pay the bills while she tries to ease back into the fashion industry maybe?

She's been off the radar for far too long and she's 32 now

She's only back because she desperately needs the money. Not only did she burn through her VS savings, she also had several 100K worth in credit card debt IIRC.

The woman who retired was so over the modeling industry (I don't blame her for that since some aspect of it definitely sound like they would suck if that is your entire life for years).

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

Yeah she also talked a lot of shit about VS, pretty sure she burned both bridges a long time ago

Well, she may have behaved strangely a couple of times over the last couple of years but I think It was largely VS' fault. Had the company not put excessive pressure on her to lose weight (a complete folly considering how perfect she was), she probably wouldn't have left and VS itself wouldn't have lost one of its most sexiest Angels, leading to the downfall we known. Now, as you said, she is probably done with VS but I think she still has the potential to be a model. Plus I would really like to see her in a bikini again. Don't think SI completely shut its doors to her.

I think calling Erin one of their sexiest Angels is a reach, particularly considering she was an Angel at the same time as Adriana, Alessandra, Rosie and Candice who all had longer, better VS careers and were a lot more prominent than she was, Erin was never going to be top dog within VS and that's a fact, I'm pretty sure they would have let her go around the same time they let Lindsay Ellingson go, she was quickly replaced by girl who now have higher profiles than Erin ever did, she's not one of those girls than once they are gone the brand is missing something big like when Gisele, Heidi, Tyra and Adriana left. Were they assholes? Yes, but the fact is that she had signed a contract saying she had to look a certain way, and the industry had different standards back then, VS girls were not even allowed to drastically change their hair without telling VS first :idk: if you are neglecting your job, regardless of the industry you will get shit for it.

And still, trash-talking your former employee is never a good idea, never, ever, especially when the said employee was the reason why you be came relevant in the first place. Why would other brands want to associate themselves with a girl who could potentially go talk shit about them in the future? That's a hard pass for most of companies. SI was a whole different ball game, the last year she was with them it was a mess whenever she was doing press which is very unprofessional and again, I don't think that's something you can quite make a comeback from.

Erin Heatherton IMHO is/was more beautiful than Candice and a better model.  However her work for VS was mixed.  In BTS/footage she was insane but in the actual photography didn't look that good.  It's because she was ultra skinny and to an uncomfortable degree.   I don't like her photos for VS in general and her best photos were BTS.  At events and in interviews she was gorgeous.

The irony was that as soon as she left VS, for a while she was in the best shape of her life and looked insane.  This esquire shoot should have taken place around that time.  It's a shame that her modeling career fizzed out, as she is 100% my type of beauty & Nadine Leopold (her lookalike) is only moderately successful.

To each, their own as far as Erin's physical beauty goes.  The main reason for her career having gone the way it did resides between her ears.  If we, as outside observers,  caught her vibes, imagine what her employers saw.

• 3 weeks later...

Erin looks to be working as a trainer now.  Her physique is way different, quite muscular.  Doesn't suit her as a model as it makes her body look  big compared to her head.  But she's probably feeling a lot better about it than when she was super skinny  :

On 8/14/2020 at 10:47 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

She's probably happier like this than as a model. What stuck with me from the interviews/podcasts I read/heard from her back then was how tired she was of the modeling industry.

1+ I don't see her trying to break back into the industry on a major level. She probably still has some friends and connections and will get some smaller occasional jobs from that, like the Maria Ponce photos, but given that she seems to be based in Chicago now and putting her energy into a more long term business, I think she's found what makes her happy.