Bellazon

Alexandre Pato
Thumbnail

alexpato&marquez

PATO: "I wait for my moment"

MILAN - In Brazil, where he is working with the Olympic national team, Alexandre Pato talked to globoesporte.com: 'I'm happy because everything is going well in my life. I'm calm and I'm waiting to be given the chance to do what I'm good at, which is playing football. Italy? It's a country I adore and Milan are a great club.'

ACMilan.com

PATO: 'I'm doing well in Milan'

MILAN - More words from Pato to globoesporte.com, this time on his relationship with his team mates and on Italy: 'I'm comfortable with everyone. Off the pitch they call me Pato, especially the other Brazilians, but on the pitch I become "Ale". My parents remained with me for the first month, then they went back to Brazil. I have an excellent family who are always with me, that gives me advice, they help a lot.'

ACMilan.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone isn't aware, he played incredibly last sunday! He showed his creativity and skill on the pitch. Napoli had two men on him so it was a bit difficult for him to get the ball, but he was still in most of the offensive plays.

He scored, in the second half after about 3 good tries. Ronaldo also scored twice which was a great comebakc and he proved to everyone why he is 'il fenomeno' Kaka, also reminding everyone of his presence scored a very beautiful goal. It was a samba night as some people called it with our brasileiros shining brighter than ever in the city of milan. It was a very emotional match for me, i cried after ronaldo's second goal and pato's first, :blush:

Even though the match ended in 5-2, Napoli did put up a very good fight and had some very nice plays as well. Their defence was solid.

The jersey pato wore in the first half is being auctioned off at the ac milan website for about 2,5000 euros! which is really incredible.

Also, Dunga is thinking about calling him up to the selecao which came as no surprise.

If anyone missed the goal, here it is.

The heart thing he did was meant for his girlfriend (Sthefany Brito) that was there in the stands.

aww.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EruMWYy1bMQ

Udinese 0:1 AC Milan - match report

Scorer: Gilardino 92

Under-fire Alberto Gilardino came off the bench to grab a stoppage-time victory for Milan that could prove crucial in the race for a top four finish.

The spotlight was on Alexandre Pato again as the Rossoneri faced a head-to-head battle for fourth place with high-flying Udinese. Milan finally broke their San Siro taboo with last week's 5-2 drubbing of Napoli, but crashed out of the Coppa Italia to Catania and had Andrea Pirlo suspended. The Friulani saw Diaz Felipe sit out a ban after they managed to win at Cagliari despite his dismissal just 30 minutes in and Gokhan Inler was also suspended.

The Rossoneri had won their last two visits to the Stadio Friuli with an aggregate score of 7-0 and were undefeated here since January 2003. Paolo Maldini missed out on the 23rd anniversary of his Serie A debut - also against Udinese - because of flu, while Nelson Dida had a knee injury.

Ronaldo sported a new hairstyle, twisting his curls into cornrows, and after 17 minutes he used it to head a free kick towards the near post, bringing a desperate save out of Samir Handanovic.

Zeljko Kalac smothered a Fabio Quagliarella strike, while Kaka's fine solo run created a good chance for Pato.

Milan were very unlucky not to take the lead on 26 minutes, as Ronaldo's snapshot cracked against the base of the upright and hit Handanovic on the way.

However, moments later Kalac fingertipped a Simone Pepe angled drive inches past the far post, then needed a one-handed save to deny Antonio Di Natale.

Ronaldo sprung the offside trap and blasted just over the bar from a tight angle, while Kaka set up a Massimo Ambrosini volley that was well over. Kalac continued to stay busy on Quagliarella's left-foot strike, but after the restart Handanovic was again tested by Ronaldo at the near post.

Quagliarella missed the volley from a Di Natale cross and Handanovic got down well to deny Clarence Seedorf. Udinese came so close to an opener on the hour mark, a corner not dealt with effectively and Quagliarella ballooned over from six yards.

Milan were clearly missing the suspended Pirlo, who usually dictates the tempo, so they had difficulty changing gear. Pato tried a solo run and Ambrosini's shot was deflected wide.

The Rossoneri had a great chance in the final minute, Seedorf's free kick skimming the near post with Handanovic beaten.

In stoppages the deadlock was finally broken by substitute Alberto Gilardino, who has been under fire recently for his poor form. Pato dispossessed Christian Obodo, Kaka's backheel sent Gila clear for a cool finish.

Udinese: Handanovic; Zapata, Coda, Lukovic; Mesto, D'Agostino, Eremenko (Obodo 51), Dossena; Pepe, Quagliarella, Di Natale

Milan: Kalac; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kakà; Pato, Ronaldo (Gilardino 83)

Atalanta 2:1 AC Milan - match report

Scorers: Gattuso 16 (M), Langella 42 (A), Tissone 68 (A)

Milan dominated possession, but Alexandre Pato's misses proved decisive as Atalanta emerged with a shock 2-1 victory in the rescheduled Week 12 game.

This match was abandoned on November 11 after just eight minutes when Atalanta fans threatened to riot if play continued despite the death earlier that day of a Lazio supporter. When it was replayed behind closed doors, Alexandre Pato had become an official Milan player and partnered Alberto Gilardino, who was fresh from a winning stoppage-time goal away to Udinese this past weekend. Zeljko Kalac filled in for the injured Nelson Dida, while Andrea Pirlo returned from suspension.

Cristiano Doni fired over from a promising position, while Fernando Coppola rushed out to close down Pato. Milan started to pile on the pressure as Kakha Kaladze had a great chance from a corner and Clarence Seedorf's follow-up from the edge of the box was turned out for another set-piece.

Moments later the Rossoneri took the lead with an unlikely hero. Gennaro Gattuso's cross-shot took a deflection off Doni to fly past a helpless Coppola. If it is eventually credited to Gattuso, it will be only his seventh Serie A goal.

Milan continued to dominate with Pirlo's free kick and a Gilardino header off target before Coppola palmed Pato's snapshot from a tight angle round the post.

The 18-year-old should have done better on 34 minutes, as he pounced on Moris Carrozzieri's error only to fire wide with only the goalkeeper to beat. Pato also failed to make the most of a Kaka cross that Gila had dummied for the youngster at the back post.

These proved to be costly errors, as just before the break Atalanta equalised. Guarente held up the ball for Antonio Langella to dribble past two defenders with a smart feint and rifle his finish past Kalac.

Langella went on the counter and just failed to double his tally, while Gilardino's goal was disallowed for a clear offside position. There were penalty appeals for Carrozzieri's clumsy challenge on Gilardino, but the referee waved play on.

Ronaldo replaced the disappointing Pato, who had wasted so many good chances in the first half, while Doni went off with a thigh problem.

Atalanta focused mainly on pressuring Milan all over the park and it's a tactic that paid off on 68 minutes. Bellini's pass over the defence cut out Kakha Kaladze, so substitute Simone Inzaghi drew out Kalac and rolled across for Fernando Tissone to tap into an empty net.

Inzaghi fired straight at Kalac on the counter and a Carrozzieri daisy-cutter skimmed the base of the near post.

On 76 minutes Ronaldo pounced on a terrible backpass and was clear on goal, but blasted the ball at goalkeeper Coppola from point-blank range. It was another costly miss from the wasteful Milan strikers.

Atalanta thought they had put the win beyond doubt, but when Tissone's screamer ricocheted off the crossbar and was tapped back in by Sergio Floccari, the former Messina striker was offside.

Coppola kept his men in front with a desperate save on Kaka, put through by Seedorf. In stoppages Massimo Oddo drilled over from a corner kick.

Atalanta: Coppola; Rivalta, Carrozzieri, Pellegrino, Bellini; Ferreira Pinto, Tissone (Padoin 80), Guarente, Langella (De Ascentis 65); Doni (S Inzaghi 54); Floccari

Milan: Kalac; Bonera (Oddo 71), Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso (Gourcuff 83), Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Pato (Ronaldo 64), Gilardino