Bellazon

Okay girls, what about stalkers?

Ness

This one is even more messed up in my opinion. I could come up to a girl and try talking to her. Maybe she's a co-worker or something. It amazes me that some guys get labeled as stalkers because they try and talk to a girl maybe twice in two days. I know there are people that push the limits. Such as calling a girl all the time that they barely know, or just plain following them. But sometimes it's like "Why bother"? If I'm going to get labeled as a stalker.

My logic is that you can usually tell if a girl is interested in you as much as you're interested in her. So I mean...yeah. All the more reason to already be a handsome male.

That is extremely messed up! Those women know nothing about stalkers. My mum has been stalked and so have I. I wonder how they would handle coming into school one day and being told by a guy exactly what her house looked like, where it was located and what he could see through every window if they can't even handle being talked to? I wonder how they would handle having that guy follow them closer and closer to their house every day after school when all the other days they have seen him go in the opposite direction? I wonder how they would handle a guy jerking off right next to them in the middle of a lecture where everyone ignores what is happening? I wonder how they would handle a man (who's supposed to be doing business with them) trying to rape them in their own home? I wonder how they would handle the discovery that the man who tried to rape them found out which bank they were with and got a job there so he could get all her personal information and call her every day? These are just a few of the things my mum and I have experienced. It disgusts me that any man can be tarred with the same brush just for talking to another person. You shouldn't bother wasting your time on such ignorant, paranoid women who seem to believe every single man is nothing but a potential rapist and can't be bothered to take the time to find out what a man is actually like.

Matt is a common name :) ;)

But women who think that guys who chat them up once or twice a day are stalkers...that's just wrong. If the guy is pushy and asking for personal information while you don't know him, you might write him off as a creep, but you can only label him as a stalker when he's seriously following you around.

I've never been stalked and I never hope to but I think girls should get rid of some of their fears. Sure it happens. Just like some girls get raped after being outdoors in the night. But that doesn't mean you have to stand all shaky on your legs after 6 pm because you're afraid of being jumped. Neither do guys who simply want to chat up with you because they're interested be brushed off because they 'might be stalkers.' I know appearance plays a great part in this. That makes it even more of a 'low blow.' *snort* Paranoid much?

That is extremely messed up! Those women know nothing about stalkers. My mum has been stalked and so have I. I wonder how they would handle coming into school one day and being told by a guy exactly what her house looked like, where it was located and what he could see through every window if they can't even handle being talked to? I wonder how they would handle having that guy follow them closer and closer to their house every day after school when all the other days they have seen him go in the opposite direction? I wonder how they would handle a guy jerking off right next to them in the middle of a lecture where everyone ignores what is happening? I wonder how they would handle a man (who's supposed to be doing business with them) trying to rape them in their own home? I wonder how they would handle the discovery that the man who tried to rape them found out which bank they were with and got a job there so he could get all her personal information and call her every day? These are just a few of the things my mum and I have experienced. It disgusts me that any man can be tarred with the same brush just for talking to another person. You shouldn't bother wasting your time on such ignorant, paranoid women who seem to believe every single man is nothing but a potential rapist and can't be bothered to take the time to find out what a man is actually like.

That's crazy! :( That's seriously some psychologically scarring stuff right there :shock: How did you even cope with that? You and your mum must be very strong to deal with it :yes: I hope you and your mum are doing much better now though :flower:

red_ed - I honestly do not have an answer for how I coped, but I felt I had no choice but to cope and so that is what I forced myself to do. Maybe I was not traumatised, but my now husband says that when he first met me I was in a very dark place. Now that I have left the country along with all of those bad memories (and especially the threat of them reccuring) I feel a lot safer and happier and I have changed for the better. My mum has still had to put up with being victimised several times throughout her life, but she is strong and I guess she has learnt to deal with these things. Though I think she and my family should leave. My husband told me that whenever we return to England to visit my family my personality changes very negatively. I did not realise until he pointed it out to me, but I guess that is some kind of strange psychological defence mechanism that has developed.

PinkCouture - I am sorry to hear you had to go through that frightening experience. If it makes you feel any better at all, I know how you feel.

WTF? :|

That's no reason to stalk someone :trout:

Not saying it's a reason to stalk people, just saying, that's why it happens.

Just kidding. I really don't know what the deal is with stalkers.

Stalking is some evolution theorie to get a woman. By stalking her it's obvious for other man that they are "risking" (sometimes more, sometimes less) their life if they try to build rapport with that woman.

Murder next door by David M. Buss unveils reason and affects of stlking (but it's not the main object). If someone has some good literature about stalking just tell me please, thanks.

@ Sheyda and PinkCouture: I hope you hadn't all these affects I read about :\