Bellazon

Quotes

Guest quasicartes

As you go through life, Falk, there will be no shortage of people who will tell you how to live. They'll have all the answers for you, what you should do, what you shouldn't do. Don't argue with them. You know, say "Yes, that's a brilliant, brilliant idea," and then do what you want. And whenever you're right, strive for originality. But if you have to steal, steal from the best.

Me gusta también! Oh you have no idea Dave, how appropriate it is today!!

I actually do :D Ever since the holidays people around here have been acting like a bunch of incompetent morons. I get along with almost everyone...but my god...people need to snap out of the holiday mode already :persuazn:

Whow, it´s not even December! People get really crazy at this time of a year.

As you go through life, Falk, there will be no shortage of people who will tell you how to live. They'll have all the answers for you, what you should do, what you shouldn't do. Don't argue with them. You know, say "Yes, that's a brilliant, brilliant idea," and then do what you want. And whenever you're right, strive for originality. But if you have to steal, steal from the best.

I love Woody Allen

This one is really brilliant.

I love these from Peter S. Beagle:

"There are no happyendings, because nothing ever ends."

“We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream.”

“Real magic can never be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.”

“It’s a rare man who is taken for what he truly is.”

“There are honest people in the world, but only because the devil considers their asking prices ridiculous.”

“When I was alive, I believed — as you do — that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I said 'one o'clock' as though I could see it, and 'Monday' as though I could find it on the map; and I let myself be hurried along from minute to minute, day to day, year to year, as though I were actually moving from one place to another. Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls. (...) You can strike your own time, and start the count anywhere. When you understand that — then any time at all will be the right time for you.”

― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

“...no cat out of its first fur can ever be deceived by appearances. Unlike human beings, who enjoy them.”

“A rhinoceros is as ugly as a human being, and it too is going to die, but at least it never thinks that it is beautiful.

“I always say perseverance is nine-tenths of any art — not that it's much help to be nine-tenths an artist, of course.”

Ghost by Robinson Jeffers

There is a jaggle of masonry here, on a small hill

Above the gray-mouthed Pacific, cottages and a thick-walled tower, all made of rough sea rock

And Portland cement. I imagine, fifty years from now,

A mist-gray figure moping about this place in mad moonlight, examining the mortar-joints, pawing the

Parasite ivy

One of my favorites ever!

There are some many things that we wish we could tell the young. We’d like to persuade them not to grow up so fast, but they won't listen. We want to tell them that beauty fades, but they refuse to believe it. We warn them that their actions will have consequences, but still, they defy us.

Sadly, the young can't begin to understand the world is a dangerous place, so it's up to us to do anything we can to protect them.

• 7 months later...