Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

No, it will never end. You must understand that Red Sox fans (as well as the rest of baseball) enjoy seeing the Yankees fail. As you know, Red Sox fans have had their hearts broken countless times by the Yankees. Plus, they are in the same division and the Yankees are perennial winners. I don't see a problem with the obsessesion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then u've clearly never lived in boston...where they are constantly shouting yankees sucks...at hockey games, basketball games, football games...at games against the oakland As, etc.

i know way too many red sox "fans" who hate the yankees more than they love the red sox. its pathetic. they stand around at the parking lot of fenway to boo the yankees rather than cheering their own players as they leave. they call sheffield a n***** in their ballpark (yep i've had the displeasure of having to listen to that garbage).they have tshirts saying arod sucks, jeter swallows, jeter has aids, etc. yet a tshirt with a pacifier and asking pedro who's his daddy is somehow offensive to them. if u can dish it out (and rather obscenely) then u can CERTAINLY take it. its too much and it needs to stop. but u know...as long as ppl think its "ok" for them to hate the yankees more than love their own team than they're way beyond repair and hope.

i'd like to add that not every red sox fan is like that. unfortunately i know an overwhelming number who are like this.

oh the joy of being from the bronx and going to college in the boston area :rolleyes:

Those fans are idiots. I've been to a few games at Shea Stadium and some of the fans shout "Yankees Suck", it's really annoying. Some of them even try to duplicate the Yankee roll call toward the players. I think those people are casual fans that are hopping on the bandwagon. I've never heard the roll call before this season and the "Yankees Suck" chants were only heard during the Subway Series games.

I have a problem when fans yell racial epithets towards players and wear t-shirts with disparaging remarks on them. Especially, at a place where parents take their children to enjoy a game. Thankfully, I've never been exposed to such deplorable behavoir at the ballpark.

The Mets are in a terrible downward spiral right now. They are having a tough time scoring runs (they've shut out twice in one week) and the starting pitching is becoming very inconsistant. Even though they are clearly not a championship team, I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow sneak into the playoffs.

The Mets are in a terrible downward spiral right now. They are having a tough time scoring runs (they've shut out twice in one week) and the starting pitching is becoming very inconsistant. Even though they are clearly not a championship team, I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow sneak into the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i think the mets def. have a chance to sneak into the playoffs...i mean they're not *that* far back and that entire division seems to be feeding off itself. if the mets can win enough games against the div maybe they could sneak in.

not even kidding right now, i think the mets have a better chance of making the playoffs than the yankees.

at the very least, hopefully they'll at least start to play better baseball again and then at least watching them could be exciting.

i see the mets making the playoffs next year for sure if they make some adjustments during the offseason

in an attempt to spice things up a bit, i was just wondering who your favorite players are?

mine look something like this:

mariano rivera, new york yankees

derek jeter, new york yankees

pudge rodriguez, detroit tigers

frankie rodriguez, anaheim angels

andy pettitte, houston astros :cry:

dontrelle willis, florida marlins

josh beckett, florida marlins

eric gagne, los angeles dodgers

gary sheffield, new york yankees

manny ramirez, boston red sox :ninja:

david ortiz, boston red sox :ninja:

johnny damon, boston red sox :ninja:

hideki matsui, new york yankees

miguel tejada, baltimore orioles

least favorite player: alex rodriguez, new york yankees -- coz he embarasses me as a yankee fan <_<

in an attempt to spice things up a bit, i was just wondering who your favorite players are?

mine look something like this:

mariano rivera, new york yankees

derek jeter, new york yankees

pudge rodriguez, detroit tigers

frankie rodriguez, anaheim angels

andy pettitte, houston astros :cry:

dontrelle willis, florida marlins

josh beckett, florida marlins

eric gagne, los angeles dodgers

gary sheffield, new york yankees

manny ramirez, boston red sox :ninja:

david ortiz, boston red sox  :ninja:

johnny damon, boston red sox :ninja:

hideki matsui, new york yankees

miguel tejada, baltimore orioles

least favorite player: alex rodriguez, new york yankees -- coz he embarasses me as a yankee fan <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here are my favorite players:

Ichiro

Ken Griffey Jr.

Manny Ramirez

Derek Jeter

Arod

Dontrelle Willis

Pedro Martinez

Mike Piazza

Alfonso Soriano

Scott Rolen

Edgardo Alfonso

Albert Pujols

Baseball = Ball watching and scratching.

Keep your eyes on the ball! No not balls! Ball! the white one! no no not the white guys ball, the one with the red stitches! NO not Michael Jackson's balls! Gah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes:

anyway, yay for the HR derby!!!! viva puerto rico!!! lets go pudge!!!!