Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

This Yankee team is really really bad. I don't think I've ever seen them play like this since they started their run in the mid 90's. I kinda feel sorry for Yankee fans, they are not used to their team playing this poorly.........Ok, let me be honest

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boy, does it suck to be a Yankee fan right now. I think it is the curse of A-Rod. If you want him on your team be prepared for the consequences. For example, look at the Rangers. They sign him to a big contract and they are one of the worst teams in baseball, he leaves, and they are one of the best. The Red Sox try to trade for him in the 2003/2004 offseason but the deal falls through. Instead the Yanks get him, they go on to lose the ALCS after being up 3-0 and the Red Sox win the World Series. And now 2005 - to be continued........

$200 million dollars for what??? A last place team.

• 2 weeks later...

The Phils have been playing good baseball the last 10 games... They played 4 more games than the first place Marlins... If they can win this next series against them I think the Phils are still in the hunt for another month...

• 2 weeks later...

My last reply to this topic was May 22 now its June 1 and the Phils are 2.5 games behind the Marlins for first place... They are 1 game under .500... Their offense is alive... Next week they will be the hottest team in baseball...

Thome is playing decent... He is frusturated at the plate though... Batthing like .206 right now... He's trying to hard I think and he is swinging at bad pitchers trying to get things going... He is hitting the ball hard though... Its only a matter of time... Phils are now 1.5 games back after winning their 4th and 5th straight games today...

*sigh* i'd like to release my official statement: the yankees are not making the postseason. (i can only pray that i have to eat these words in october :( )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the Yanks will not make the postseason this year. I've stated a while back that they would be play better this season but now I don't see it happening. It looks like it will be one of those years where the pieces don't fall into place like in past years. Randy Johnson stinks (well, he doesn't stink but he is waaay too hittable), Arod is not clutch, Bernie looks old, Matsui can't hit, Tino is so cold that they have to play Giambi....I could go on and on. They have too many holes to overcome this time. I kinda feel bad for the younger Yankee fans who thought that the winning would last forever. But as in all sports, teams get bad at some point or another. The Yanks were bad in the 80's and early 90's, had a terrific run in the mid and late 90's, and now are again a bad team.

wasted4qa.th.jpg

AL East Standings as of 6/8/05.

standings3xf.jpg

What a joke.

Yes, the Yanks will not make the postseason this year. I've stated a while back that they would be play better this season but now I don't see it happening. It looks like it will be one of those years where the pieces don't fall into place like in past years. Randy Johnson stinks (well, he doesn't stink but he is waaay too hittable), Arod is not clutch, Bernie looks old, Matsui can't hit, Tino is so cold that they have to play Giambi....I could go on and on. They have too many holes to overcome this time. I kinda feel bad for the younger Yankee fans who thought that the winning would last forever. But as in all sports,  teams get bad at some point or another.  The Yanks were bad in the 80's and early 90's, had a terrific run in the mid and late 90's, and now are again a bad team. 

wasted4qa.th.jpg

AL East Standings as of 6/8/05.

standings3xf.jpg

What a joke.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it's safe to say rj stinks :laugh: only b/c he stinks by rj standards...

thing is, i was always reluctant to get this guy. i understood that javi vazquez had issues but i just felt we didnt give him a chance. now he's doing very well in arizona. thing is, i have a feeling he wouldnt be doing so well if he were still w/the yankees b/c 1. we're an american league team and it's just tougher on pitchers and 2. mel stottlemeyer isnt a particularly good pitching coach. i mean i dont blame him for ALL our problems coz he's not the one who has to go up there and pitch, but he doesnt seem to fix very many pitchers when they start taking a turn for the worst.

right now the whole team stinks in the clutch except for maybe gary sheffield. ppl hate how i cant stand arod, but the truth is, so many of his HRs and rbis have come in blow out games it starts to become meaningless. the hitting is spotty...at BEST. the pitching is inconsistent...our most consistent pitcher right now is chien ming wang (whom i adore! lol) but these pitchers (except for kevin brown whom i expect nothing from coz he's a total bust) are not pitching up to their capabilities. period. we havent won a game where we've scored less than 4 runs. we havent come back in the 9th inning. we have only won like 3 or 4 games when trailing after the 6th. the whole teamis a complete MESS. arod has forgotten how to make simple plays at 3rd. bernie stinks in CF. womack simply isnt an outfielder and can't be expected to do much out there.

i still hate giambi w/every fiber of my being and there's nothing i can do about it. there's just no getting rid of someone like that. it's sickening. the yankees front office decisions since that 2001 world series have progressively gotten worse and more nonsensical. anyone who is a yankee fan should read the last night of the yankee dynasty by buster olney to see what i mean. it's an excellent read (even for non yankee fans actually).

like u said impel69, no team can last forever. unfortunately some yankee fans do have this sense of entitlement about them, where they feel that the yankees are just entitled to win it all. no ppl, they have to earn it. even i know this (maybe b/c i've only been a baseball/yankee fan for 2 yrs?) ok sorry that got kinda long...gotta remember this isnt a sports forum :laugh:

btw, that's a very nice avatar ;)

ppl hate how i cant stand arod, but the truth is, so many of his HRs and rbis have come in blow out games it starts to become meaningless. the hitting is spotty...at BEST.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was exited to see Arod come to NY, but he has been disappointing. Like you said his HR and RBI's are in blow out games or against a team like Tampa Bay. He never produces in the big spot, say against the Red Sox. But a least we know that the therapy is helping him. :whistle: :laugh:

the pitching is inconsistent...our most consistent pitcher right now is chien ming wang (whom i adore! lol) but these pitchers (except for kevin brown whom i expect nothing from coz he's a total bust) are not pitching up to their capabilities. period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the pitching, I though Jaret Wright and Pavano were bad signings. Wright had one good season for the Braves and they decided to throw a ton of money at him. The pitching market was really weak last offseason Pavano looked more attractive than he really was. Isn't he leading the AL in hits and HR allowed? He is better suited in the NL. Wang has been your most consistent pitcher but he will have to be demoted once Wright is activated off the DL. He makes too much money.

we havent won a game where we've scored less than 4 runs. we havent come back in the 9th inning. we have only won like 3 or 4 games when trailing after the 6th.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Actually, they have not won a game when they score 3 runs or less.) All these are major signs of a bad team.

btw, that's a very nice avatar  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the compliment. :)

I was exited to see Arod come to NY, but he has been disappointing. Like you said his HR and RBI's are in blow out games or against a team like Tampa Bay. He never produces in the big spot, say against the Red Sox. But a least we know that the therapy is helping him.  :whistle:  :laugh:

As for the pitching, I though Jaret Wright and Pavano were bad signings. Wright had one good season for the Braves and they decided to throw a ton of money at him. The pitching market was really weak last offseason Pavano looked more attractive than he really was. Isn't he leading the AL in hits and HR allowed? He is better suited in the NL. Wang has been your most consistent pitcher but he will have to be demoted once Wright is activated off the DL. He makes too much money.

(Actually, they have not won a game when they score 3 runs or less.) All these are major signs of a bad team.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

idk how to use the quote thingies but saying we havent won a game where we've score less than 4 runs is the same as saying we havent scored a game in which we've score 3 runs or less :whistle: ;) :p

we finally won last night...i am sooooo not excited...not when we've gotta go into st. louis. *sigh* i just hope we dont get swept. <_<

idk how to use the quote thingies but saying we havent won a game where we've score less than 4 runs is the same as saying we havent scored a game in which we've score 3 runs or less  :whistle:  ;)  :p

we finally won last night...i am sooooo not excited...not when we've gotta go into st. louis. *sigh* i just hope we dont get swept.  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

duh....forgive me for that one :laugh:

good for u

doesnt look like either team is going to the playoffs, but thats just a hunch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but the thing is, the Sox are not playing as badly as those Yankees.

duh....forgive me for that one  :laugh:

Yeah, but the thing is, the Sox are not playing as badly as those Yankees.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ur absolutely right...the sox are playing better than the yankees. but like come on....does the red sox fan's obessession with the yankees EVER end? idk it just annoys me...like worry about ur own friggen team...

idk...thats just me...and thats why i made the comment that i did lol

Dodgers are coming back STRONG!!! Kinda a shock, given all the injuries they have. However, that shows how good of a team L.A. has. When our guys go down, we have players ready to pick up the slack. THINK BLUE!!!

Dodgers are coming back STRONG!!! Kinda a shock, given all the injuries they have. However, that shows how good of a team L.A. has. When our guys go down, we have players ready to pick up the slack. THINK BLUE!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh niiice. i like the dodgers :) im a big gagne fan lol...plus i made a bet that they'd win the NL West...i dont want to lose my money! :o

ur absolutely right...the sox are playing better than the yankees. but like come on....does the red sox fan's obessession with the yankees EVER end? idk it just annoys me...like worry about ur own friggen team...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it will never end. You must understand that Red Sox fans (as well as the rest of baseball) enjoy seeing the Yankees fail. As you know, Red Sox fans have had their hearts broken countless times by the Yankees. Plus, they are in the same division and the Yankees are perennial winners. I don't see a problem with the obsessesion.