Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Mo earned his 400th save today :hell yea!: :fun: Goooooo Mo!

mo is a godsend!!! :fun:

Yep, definately! Do u guys notice that the Yanks seem to find ways to beat the two best teams- Detroit and the White Sox, but sometimes falter against lesser teams?? But of course since the All Star break it's been (Y)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It has been amazing to see the Cardinals collapse as bad as they have. A week ago they were leading the Central division by at least 8 games and now they are a 1/2 game ahead of the Astros.

The Yankees will cruise to the World Series because I don't see any real challengers to them in the AL.

I thought the Phillies were done when they traded Abreu, but surprisingly enough, they made a run at the Wild Card. Although, I think last night's lost was a crucial blow to their chances, their run still allowed Ryan Howard to lock up the NL MVP award.

And lastly Pedro Martinez is out for the rest of the year. Most people think that this will be the deathnail for the Mets, but I see it differently. The injury that relief pitcher Duaner Sanchez suffered the day before the trading deadline was supposed to spell doom to the Mets and send them spiraling out of contention. How did that turn out? The bullpen stepped up and performed better than ever. That is how winning teams win pennants. Orlando Hernandez, Steve Trachsel, and John Maine will now have to step it up big time.

Remember: Pedro barely pitched during the second half season and we still crushed all NL opponents.

It has been amazing to see the Cardinals collapse as bad as they have. A week ago they were leading the Central division by at least 8 games and now they are a 1/2 game ahead of the Astros.

The Yankees will cruise to the World Series because I don't see any real challengers to them in the AL.

I thought the Phillies were done when they traded Abreu, but surprisingly enough, they made a run at the Wild Card. Although, I think last night's lost was a crucial blow to their chances, their run still allowed Ryan Howard to lock up the NL MVP award.

And lastly Pedro Martinez is out for the rest of the year. Most people think that this will be the deathnail for the Mets, but I see it differently. The injury that relief pitcher Duaner Sanchez suffered the day before the trading deadline was supposed to spell doom to the Mets and send them spiraling out of contention. How did that turn out? The bullpen stepped up and performed better than ever. That is how winning teams win pennants. Orlando Hernandez, Steve Trachsel, and John Maine will now have to step it up big time.

Remember: Pedro barely pitched during the second half season and we still crushed all NL opponents.

yea, it looks like the Phils wont be making it this season :cry:

i think the yankees will make it to the series, but i don't think it will be a 'cruise' by any means. especially if johnson can't pitch or isn't feeling healthy. he's pretty questionable right now. but, i think randy will get out there and pitch unless it's really bad. he's the type that will put himself out there if he believe in himself enough, so it'll be interesting to see what his decision is.

i'd really love to see the astros make it in place of the cards, that would be awesome!

YAY!!! GO L.A.!!! The Dodgers keep on finding NEW ways to win. Too bad Penny and Garciaparra are hurt. I'm not sure how the Dodgers will do in the postseason without them. Plus, the Dodgers didn't make it just yet. Hopefully, the Dodgers will win on Saturday. That way, we are guaranteed a playoff spot, not to mention we could use Derek Lowe for the 1st game of the Divisional Playoffs. I would rather play to Cardinals or Astros as opposed to the Mets. That way, we will have home field advantage in the 1st RD.

YAY!!! GO L.A!!! :hell yea!: :ddr: The Dodgers keep on finding NEW ways to win. Too bad Garciaparra and Penny are hurting. I'm not sure how the Dodgers will do in the postseason without them. I'm hoping the Dodgers will win tomorrow. That way, they are in the playoffs regardless of what San Diego or the Phillies do in their games. Also, I would allow Derek Lowe to throw the 1st game in the division series. I'm hoping that the Dodgers will play against the Cardinals or the Astros. Dodgers will have home field advantage over those teams.