Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Don't think I dont know youre avoiding this thread kdub :whistle:

Well, here I am. To you and your Phillies, CONGRATS!!! :) :hug: You guys had the better team, and my Dodgers couldn't overcome. :cry: Whoever thought that there would be a Phillies-Rays WORLD SERIES?! Now, I usually go for the team that represents the NL, but I might have to root for T.B should they make it. I mean, Evan Longoria was born in Downey, and went to Long Beach State. Can't root against a fellow Angelino, can I?

Half of the Phillies lineup is from southern cal though :laugh:

the BEAT LA!!! chants have already started in Philly. :whistle:

Copycats :cain:

At least we're gonna be in the World Series :whistle:

Well, here I am. To you and your Phillies, CONGRATS!!! :) :hug: You guys had the better team, and my Dodgers couldn't overcome. :cry: Whoever thought that there would be a Phillies-Rays WORLD SERIES?! Now, I usually go for the team that represents the NL, but I might have to root for T.B should they make it. I mean, Evan Longoria was born in Downey, and went to Long Beach State. Can't root against a fellow Angelino, can I?

True enough, but did you take any solace when the Lakers beat Philly because Kobe is a Philly native? I hardly doubt it. Plus, I said fellow Angelenos, born and raised. Cole Hamels doesn't count. He is from San Diego. Scott Eyre might have been born in Inglewood, but grew up in Montana. So, the only born and raised Angelenos are Chase Utley, Greg Dobbs, and Ryan Madson. And Actually, Tampa Bay has other SoCal natives besides Longoria. James Shields is also from the L.A. area. Besides, its kinda hard to root for a team that defeated my hometown team, isn't it?

True enough, but did you take any solace when the Lakers beat Philly because Kobe is a Philly native? I hardly doubt it. Plus, I said fellow Angelenos, born and raised. Cole Hamels doesn't count. He is from San Diego. Scott Eyre might have been born in Inglewood, but grew up in Montana. So, the only born and raised Angelenos are Chase Utley, Greg Dobbs, and Ryan Madson. And Actually, Tampa Bay has other SoCal natives besides Longoria. James Shields is also from the L.A. area. Besides, its kinda hard to root for a team that defeated my hometown team, isn't it?

the reason I like the Lakers is cuz Kobe went to a school I pass by every time i go into the city. I still would have rather the sixers won. and i always root for the NL team. just like i always root for the East or NFC team, even if they beat my team in the previous round, maybe thats just me.

great pitching last night. if we can steal this game tonight i'd say the series is ours.

btw who the fuck even likes the Rays? i still thought they were called the Devil Rays. and the cowbell thing? how stupid is that? the only people that like the Rays are people who live within 5 mile radius of Tampa. Otherwise they probably stick with underachieving Marlins.

just stating my opinion :whistle:

btw who the fuck even likes the Rays? i still thought they were called the Devil Rays. and the cowbell thing? how stupid is that? the only people that like the Rays are people who live within 5 mile radius of Tampa. Otherwise they probably stick with underachieving Marlins.

Matt, I agree. They should have awarded the Phillies the whole darn thing after the Red Sox lost, because surely no one can be watching this feeble excuse of a World Series. The most annoying thing about the Rays story is suddenly all these nuckleheads are coming out of the woodwork like they've supported the team for years. The only Rays I've ever spoken to was Bellazon's own Hyperion, and that was on the Internet~! Having that said, I like the Marlins, they're my favourite NL team by a clear distance.

I think it's pretty safe to say nobody outside of Philly and Tampa Bay don't care to watch much of this world series. I think a lot of people wanted to see Dodgers-Red Sox. Imagine the drama of a WORLD SERIES LIKE THAT!!! Nomar, Derek Lowe, and MANNY back in FENWAY PARK?! :wacko: What a great storyline THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN!!! :drool: Instead, were stuck with the Rays and Phillies. :cain: As far as fans coming out to support their team when they make the playoffs, that ain't nothin new. Remember when the Marlins made the World Series? How bout the Angels? Nobody really cared about them until they made it to the Fall Classic. However, being a Dodger fan, I hate the Giants, so seeing the Angels beat them WAS FUN!!! :ddr: :hell yea!: :dance: :woot: :clap:

Media's inevitable response to Rays 4-1 defeat: This is a young team, they can only learn from this! Go Rays!

Media's April AL East preview: Yeah, Yankees! Yeah, Red Sox! You can never count out Toronto! The Orioles, what a great history! Who are these 'Rays' I see listed?

• 7 months later...
This thread hasn't been posted in in awhile it seems. :blink:

How about some surprises this year?

How bout myTRUE BLUE DODGERS?! Say what say about their division, they still haven't lost 3 games in a row all year. And hey, the Giants are in our division, and they would be the Wild Card team is the season ended now. Even without Manny, Dodgers are still able to win, and Manny will be back soon. And another walk-off win TONIGHT!!! :D This time it was Either with a 2-run homer.

This thread hasn't been posted in in awhile it seems. :blink:

How about some surprises this year?

How bout myTRUE BLUE DODGERS?! Say what say about their division, they still haven't lost 3 games in a row all year. And hey, the Giants are in our division, and they would be the Wild Card team is the season ended now. Even without Manny, Dodgers are still able to win, and Manny will be back soon. And another walk-off win TONIGHT!!! :D This time it was Either with a 2-run homer.

I thought (like many others) that they`d do terrible without manny, but they haven`t. Just proving the depth they have. Too bad Pierre has to go back to the bench though

Yes, agree. Pierre was excellent. And the Dodgers did much better than expected in the absence of Ramirez. Impressive season so far. Didn't think they would have the pitching to be #1 in the entire NL.

As for surprises, I'll say the Giants. The team has the second-best record in the National League, and were supposed to be light-hitting (they are) and also-rans (they're not). The team might send 3 players to the All-Star game. To replace their ineffective fifth starter, they called up what was "supposed" to be a spot-starter, and if I remember correctly, he wasn't even on their 40-man, with some speculation that he was picked-up mostly because he was expected to get through waivers when he was sent back. He's unscored on in two appearance, and has thrown 13 consecutive shutout innings now. Surprising team!

The jays are starting to listen to offers on Doc.

I like the move, if they can manage to resign him next year it's gonna be for alot of money, and they know it. And doc wants to be on a contender, which i don't think the Blue Jays can be, espically right now with that pitching staff (Richmond just going on the DL the other day) Romero has been a pleasent surprise meanwhile