Bellazon

If you could choose to have models over actors in your magazine

sinstinker

I hope somebody will answer but was thinking about this what would you choose, and u had no other choice either in fashion magazines to only have celeberities in your magazines and models only do runway, or choose models in our magazines and celebrity only in celebrity magazines what would you choose? again you only had those two options no others.

Definitely celebrities over models, since -- as a magazine owner -- I'm trying to actually sell copies. :ninja:

So are you saying that the general public doesn't care about models? Or are you saying that models don't make for interesting content? Or both?

Definitely celebrities over models, since -- as a magazine owner -- I'm trying to actually sell copies. :ninja:

:persuazn:

And I totally agree Thiago :yes: ..I mean actresses can't even model...they look retarded. But like Natalie, Keira, and Kate (who believe are the only exception) the rest look pretty dumb to me Jessica (who totally ruined the Versace dress Mariya wore), Britney (why is she still famous?), Jennifer Aniston (no one cares.), or Jennifer Hudson (she should not have even been allowed to have the cover of American Vogue). <_<

But in reality...it really doesn't happen to my Vogue..I mean models still rule there. It's not like this issue petrains to my region. But in terms if models should be on the cover of American Fashion magazines? W is really good about balancing Celebs with Models why can't American Vogue be to? I mean how about just four covers of models a year Anna? (including a model getting September. :D) But that's too much to ask I guess. :/

I have not picked up an american fashion magazine I dont know in how long, so you are saying magazines like numero who are all models dont sell, french only models sell, Black magazine sells, oyster, plastique actors are mundane, you like them because actors dont have to be paid to do covers fashion is an industry after all, I just saw the campaign for jill stuart lindsay lohan WTF, great role model but I forget in the fashion industry it is chic to reward celebs for boozing it up , oh look at us we are so forgiving I look at that and think of all the models, who work there ass of , that for the most part live an healthy lifestyle but lets be chic, hell kate moss got more campaigns and layouts when she was caught doing coke, winona ryder became marc jacobs muse when she stole, so lets give boozed up lindsay lohan hit and run because she sells, no the magazine industry and the desingner make her sell, you have a choice of putting fashion back into the hands of the models, and if models dont have appeal why do we have fashion boards, magazine owners do not give us the choice, they ram down our throats celebs, how many pages do some models have on this forum how many people go out of there way to post anything there models did from camapaigns, runway, editorial , to myspace or foto log, whenever I go to fashion week and am out there with all the photographers many of them come up to me because they dont know there names and they tell me they shot carmen electra, kevin costner and I look at them and say I dont give a shite about them, fashion week is about the models, so in closing this, magazine owners some designers dont give us a choice, you dont want to give us the models...you know maybe if you did maybe for once when I am out taking pictures of all the models I dont have half the photographers in my face going "who is she" :ninja:

So are you saying that the general public doesn't care about models? Or are you saying that models don't make for interesting content? Or both?

Well, in saying what I said, I meant a celebrity on the cover will sell more copies than a model -- and if this weren't true, I doubt so many people here would always be complaining about how celebs have taken over -- so yes, the general public doesn't care as much about models. But there's some truth in models making less interesting content, too. If you asked a model and a movie star about the latest step in their respective careers, it would probably be far more interesting to hear about making that latest blockbuster movie rather than being on the latest runway.

I think if I had a fashion magazine, I would put models in it, rarely celebrities. Celebrities have seem to taken over the models job and going into big modeling jobs. Being a celebrity and being a model were once two different things(it used to be celebrities and models), now they are becoming more the same.

Well, in saying what I said, I meant a celebrity on the cover will sell more copies than a model -- and if this weren't true, I doubt so many people here would always be complaining about how celebs have taken over -- so yes, the general public doesn't care as much about models. But there's some truth in models making less interesting content, too. If you asked a model and a movie star about the latest step in their respective careers, it would probably be far more interesting to hear about making that latest blockbuster movie rather than being on the latest runway.

I agree with you for the most part. At the same time I would say that models have some great stories -- they just maybe aren't as ...umm educated in PR and interviewing as the Hollywood types. But it's hard to compare walking down a runway with filming on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean. But should there even be stories like that in a fashion magazine?

I would still take models over celebrities because I don't care about selling magazines.

There's already enough about celebrites. We have the media drooling over their every step and if you were in charge of the magazine, you could choose which stories you think would show in interest in your audience and which would not. And it also depends on your audience. Some people may not care about celebrities or models so they skip those kinds of magazines and look into something else since that magazine was mostly made for people like them.

it's hard to compare walking down a runway with filming on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean. But should there even be stories like that in a fashion magazine?

I would still take models over celebrities because I don't care about selling magazines.

What kind of content did you mean? :laugh: From the model interviews I've read, it's always the same (uninteresting) interview over and over. Or the editorial's content has nothing to do with the model at all.

:rofl: I guess your mag would go out of business pretty quick.

As a reader, i'd prefer models, after stepping into the model world (as a watcher, of course :mellow:), all other celebs look fugly to me. :whistle:

Come back from the jaded, dark side, Heather! :o

it's hard to compare walking down a runway with filming on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean. But should there even be stories like that in a fashion magazine?

What kind of content did you mean? :laugh: From the model interviews I've read, it's always the same (uninteresting) interview over and over. Or the editorial's content has nothing to do with the model at all.

:rofl: I guess your mag would go out of business pretty quick.

As a reader, i'd prefer models, after stepping into the model world (as a watcher, of course :mellow:), all other celebs look fugly to me. :whistle:

Come back from the jaded, dark side, Heather! :o

again I say how you present the model, and all those award shows and they stop the actors what do they ask, what are you wearing? actors are dull, if I see another magazine with angelie jolie and brad pitt why they split are they split I could give a shite, celebs its all about there realationships, what they eat, how did you feel when this happened, I could care less, models do causes, models have lived in countries where there is war and there homes were blown up, but ahhhh we dont ask those questions do we of models, natalia vodianova sold fruit lived in poverty, can scarlett johannson say that, I have sat and talked to some of these models and heard incredible stuff, but thats not fluffy enough or taboo, we want to know how was rehab, do you think you will get back together,who are you sleeping with, yeah thats great journalism, maybe you just dont know how to ask the rite questions, on top of this every celebrity is a wanna be model, you think they are original, they are looking up at that catwalk and thinking I want to look like her....because models are very rare genetic gifted people, beauty that blows you away they are walking works of art, they convey in an editorial , campaign, runway an emotion with a single look, they are working with legends just as powerful as movie directors, galliano, lagerfield, mcqueen ... you want to tell me that a models life is boring, they travel all around the world , work with incredible photographers, locations, before lauren hutton turned to acting she travelled to africa, and in the 60's they were asking her about it , so diana vreeland didnt think it was dull, I have the all those vogues, verushka was the tall godess of that time, scavullo, wagenheim didnt think Gia had nothing to say, christie brinkley, cheryl teigs, brooke shields, patti hansen, the trinity, naomi, linda E, christy T, claudia , cindy, but these girls were the begining of the end for the models, because of the money aspect, because magazines, designers, cosmetics etc didnt want to pay, so from this time I call it the "the changeing of the guard" they bring in new models by the dozens, so you cant go oh yeah thats lara stone, ali michael, what girl of the moment catherine mcneil this time next year will be a different girl, the industry does not want us to become attached, favor, but thanks to fashion boards we can by pass the crappy celebrities in magazines, but I would love to issue a challange, French magazine has a series of covers with different models on the cover , one year W had many different covers of kate moss, so I challange the magazine industry, to put out two covers one with your "selling celebrity" and one with a popular model of the moment.

There's already enough about celebrites. We have the media drooling over their every step and if you were in charge of the magazine, you could choose which stories you think would show in interest in your audience and which would not. And it also depends on your audience. Some people may not care about celebrities or models so they skip those kinds of magazines and look into something else since that magazine was mostly made for people like them.

I agree