Bellazon

The Race Thread?

Strawberry BigMac

Ok so i was just watching Ftv and i watched 4 fashion shows in a row. WHat i found very wierd is that in all those four fashion shows their was no other races besides white. Howcome that in the millenium fashion industry their is still no "ethic diversity"? I thought that's what fashion was about?

Or howcome if they use a girl who looks slightly of a different race she is always airbrushed to look like a CGI program. Why is this? You also never see black, asian, indian, or latin women in ads.

I am so confused because the industry always preaches about change. However their is some designers/magazines that are an exception, but not many.

...thoughts?? :dontgetit:

Sad but true Jenks not many. ^^^

FTV...I have never seen a models talk about an asian/black. Girl...as far the latino thing...the Brasilians?

And most first faces are white/cacuasian girls...but this topic is just like pandora's box to me. I mean race issues some people are really delicate about.

I don't think there much diversity which kinda sucks because there are too many gorgeous models in this world :/

Sadly most of it is the "it" girl of the moment of lets say the latin models but then don't want any more, the Brazilian models have broken that but besides that not many other countries have. It's a issue that they will have to solve sooner or later, people eventually get fed up with this. Some designers take it to the extreme and try to fix the models ad so they look like the others out there, they dont want to go outside the box, they do it with fashion I just dont see why they don't do that with models.

well the brazilian girls are still white ...the only one who isn't white is like adriana and raica cause they are native. so it doesnt really count.

yah i didnt think about the pandora's box thing....i dont get why its a big deal.

honestly their wasnt 1!!!

Alessandra, Caroline F., Izabel, they´re all dark skinned I think. Isabeli?

Im not that tan for being south american but theres lots of people that look white in south america there's no actually telling on who's what there. If you look in the post your pics thread, youll see my friend next to me, he is from peru has inca like 70 % in him, but he looks white then you look at me and I look more hispanic than him :/ .

yeah, second that :) Du Juan, Song Hye Kyo, Hye Park... GO GIRLS!! :D Also Jessica White, Chanel Iman, Devon Aoki (though I love her as an actress) Noemie Lenoir..she´s gorgeous!!! Liya - great, Selita, I like her kinda :D she´s got wonderful eyes, and natural beauty, love her candids!!

Ok so i was just watching Ftv and i watched 4 fashion shows in a row. WHat i found very wierd is that in all those four fashion shows their was no other races besides white. Howcome that in the millenium fashion industry their is still no "ethic diversity"? I thought that's what fashion was about?

Or howcome if they use a girl who looks slightly of a different race she is always airbrushed to look like a CGI program. Why is this? You also never see black, asian, indian, or latin women in ads.

I am so confused because the industry always preaches about change. However their is some designers/magazines that are an exception, but not many.

...thoughts?? :dontgetit:

What the hell...?! I can think of at least a few black models that are quite successful in the business (Naomi and Tyra are just the biggest names here).

Asians? I bet there are lots of them. I can only think of Devon Aoki, but then again, I don't know sh*t about the fashion industry.

Now, as for Latinas and Indian women... I think there are too few of them, but that's just my opnion. Let's see, there's Elsa Benitez, Yamila Diaz and that other model kinda resembling her... so they're out there, too.

So I think you were just unlucky to see exclusively white models in those shows.

The sole fact that white models constitute the majority isn't outrageous to me. To the contrary, it seems logical to me since most models come from Europe and South America. Diversity is nice though, and I think that black and Latin girls have a lot to offer to the business.

ok well im not saying their isnt successful models of other ethnicities....errr well like tyra and naomi.

It's very rare that you see any of the other girls on the runways......to me its seems to have been a lot worse in the past few years in the modeling industry....for blacks, indians and latins. Eventhough their is more asians you hardly ever see them in ads and if one of them is in a show that is like "a good day". Maybe im over reacting but it seems to me they are only useing asian girls now because they never had any in the past years 70's 80's 90's early 00. and how often do you see du juan or chanel iman on a cover or on a runway. rarely. But they are the ONLY ones usualy.

also if you look at that forbes top 20 list they are all pretty much white....except adriana.

What is ale's ethnicity anyways?

their is like a token girl of each racial diversity which i find really wierd.

All I'm saying is that there are more white models than black or Asian ones. Therefore it's not surprising that models at various shows are predominantly white.

Everything should come in right proportions.

Is it hard for a black/asian/indian girl to become a model?

lol, tell me you're not being serious :blink: :/

i'm not gonna comment (for my sanity's sake) except to say that i think most of the brazilian models are of european descent (white).