Bellazon

Games you are playing...

Guest quasicartes

16 hours ago, VS19 said:

I doubt they care.  I think if you look at what any of the big gaming companies do, they don't really care about the consumer.  They'll get their money at the end of the day, and that's all they really care about.  If they really cared about the consumer, the NES Classic wouldn't have been discontinued in the manner that it was.  

Quite honestly, whether it was an intentional thing or not, I've a feeling that they might have started reframing it into a long term business model. If supplies prove to be as short for this as they were for the NES Classic and it too is out of production inside six months, I wouldn't be surprised to see them then follow up with an N64 Classic. They could turn it into a rotating thing by re-releasing each system with a modified list of games.

I could see them doing that, although I wonder how well the concept would translate to the N64.  I wonder if they could pull that off while still keeping the price within range of what the NES and SNES Classics have been, as the low price and small console footprint have been the driving force behind the popularity of the concept thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the SNES Classic will be $80 and will be available in September.  Might be worth the investment since the NES Classic proved to be such a collector's item.

Just finished up Resident Evil VII: biohazard today.  Great game.  Might have to go back through it again before too long.  Still a few games I got with the Xbox that need beating first, though.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, VS19 said:

Apparently the SNES Classic will be $80 and will be available in September.  Might be worth the investment since the NES Classic proved to be such a collector's item.

Just finished up Resident Evil VII: biohazard today.  Great game.  Might have to go back through it again before too long.  Still a few games I got with the Xbox that need beating first, though.

I was hoping I'd be able to pick one up, but it looks like being a difficult task. :no:

Revisited the very first Resident Evil just recently, and was surprised how dated it felt. Good story, great atmosphere and the voice acting is a lark, but man alive, what a pain in the bum it is to play.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, Michael* said:

I was hoping I'd be able to pick one up, but it looks like being a difficult task. :no:

Revisited the very first Resident Evil just recently, and was surprised how dated it felt. Good story, great atmosphere and the voice acting is a lark, but man alive, what a pain in the bum it is to play.

I've never played the original game.  Played a bit of RE2 and RE3: Nemesis back in the day on the Dreamcast, but never got all that far into them.  Code Veronica was the one RE game that I really got into back in the day (also on the Dreamcast), but I remember doing a pretty poor job of inventory management and got to the final boss with far less firepower than necessary and could never beat it.  Apparently didn't do a good job at saving either, and never got around to playing it. 

Would love it if they did a re-release of those early games with modern graphics and control schemes.  Would really like to revisit some of them, but the control schemes on those early games were just awful, something I just don't have the patience for anymore.  :D 

• 3 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, Cult Icon said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is excellent, you guys should get on board with that..

Having heard a lot of good things, I scooped a copy as soon as I found a decent deal. Loved everything about it apart from when you had to take on the human bandits, which compared to the super fun machine fights, seemed a bit on the pedestrian side. Still, a strong contender for game of the year. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, Michael* said:

Having heard a lot of good things, I scooped a copy as soon as I found a decent deal. Loved everything about it apart from when you had to take on the human bandits, which compared to the super fun machine fights, seemed a bit on the pedestrian side. Still, a strong contender for game of the year. :yes:

^^

yeah, it's a great game! The environments and dinosaurs are amazingly well designed.

The expansion (Frozen Wilds) came out BTW!

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2017 at 7:55 PM, VS19 said:

Trying my hand again at MGSV: The Phantom Pain.  

Beat the game and got the game's true ending, the controversial one that everyone was talking about, but only finished the game out somewhere in the 40% range.  

After a while I might have to go back and go for a more completionist run through it.

Right now, recently got Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, The Witcher III, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Madden NFL 18.  Nice to finally have some new games for the first time since March.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, uk_lovinit1234 said:

Anyone played The Last of Us?

Just got round to playing it (I've been busy ok!) It's brilliant, highly recommend.

Would very much like to, but don't have a PS3 or PS4.  Looks very good, though.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally picked up a PS4 Pro along with Death Stranding, The Last of Us Remastered, Fallout 4 G.O.T.Y Edition, The Uncharted Collection, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and FarCry: New Dawn.    

Anyone have any recommendations of some good PS4 games that I should check out?  Not all that familiar with what's been released on the platform the last few years.  :)