Bellazon

NHL

Capt Snow

Any predictions? I've got a good feeling about my Hawks.

post-35954-0-1446078495-79638_thumb.jpg

The problem with the Hawks is that there playing in what's probably the best division in the league, they will play 1/4 of their games against the Wings, The Preds, The Jackets and The Blues(Those two should be playoff contenders). The Caps for exemple are playing 1/4 of their games against the awful Panthers, the weak Jets and the average Hurricanes. It might finally be San Jose year., that Power Play is gonna be deadly Burns, Boyle, Thornton, Couture and Marleau Ouch!

So you feel the Blackhawks aren't going to make the playoffs due to their proximity to the Norris Division, Nashville and Columbus?

(?)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So sad he is leaving :( I have had the pleasure of meeting him numerous for work-related purposes. Him & and his family are truly nice and down-to-earth people. Best of luck to you, Andrew!!! :hug:

Andrew Ference says he won't be back with Bruins

Andrew Ference said on Wednesday that he will be playing in 2013-14, but that it won't be with the Boston Bruins. "With the current cap, Peter [Chiarelli] is not going to be able to keep me," Ference said, referring to the Bruins' general manager. "He's got to resign Tuukka [Rask] and obviously do his side of the business.

"With the new CBA he is restricted. I wish it wasn't so."

Ference has been with the Bruins since they acquired him in a trade with the Calgary Flames during the 2006-07 season and has become a staple on their blue line, winning a Stanley Cup with the team during the 2010-11 season. In 48 games this season he scored four goals to go with nine assists.

Given that Boston has just $5 million in cap space heading into the offseason and still has to work out a new deal with Rask, a restricted free agent, it was going to be nearly impossible for the Bruins to work out a deal with Ference.

When you combine that with the fact that the Bruins have a number of young defensemen working their way into the lineup, including playoff sensation Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton, it makes the decision to part ways with Ference even easier.

The 34-year-old Ference shouldn't have any problem finding a new club on the open market, and given the current makeup of the free agent list he probably figures to be one of the better players available at the position for a team needing depth on the blue line.

Perhaps his most famous moment with the Bruins came during the 2011 playoffs when he "unintentionally" gave Montreal fans the finger after a goal (though, he later admitted it was intentional) on their way to the Stanley Cup.

source: cbssports.com