Bellazon

NHL

Capt Snow

...SO glad I found this thread. I live for hockey talk, haha.

Needless to say, the free agent frenzy was a lot to keep up with. But I'm curious what you guys think about what happened with Brad Richards, and Jaromir Jagr.

Also: Limerlight, you're welcome for Setoguchi. :p

I hate to see us give up Burns, but the D we got should hold, we had 1 twenty goal scorer last year... Setoguchi better provide a spark.

Jagr i don't like it's 3.3 mil for a guy that's been out of the league for a bit, true he showed he can still play, but to practice and play 82+ games a year? Especially when he's gonna be expected to play on the top 2 lines. I'm not sure.

Richards 6.6mil? I don't think he's worth that, good player but.... I didn't think he was that great ever. Especially with all the bullshit courting that went on :wacko:

Btw you're a female? :ninja: Just noticed that thought you were a guy from the avi :rofl::ninja:

He's a good guy, it's sad to see him leave but I have faith he'll do well over in Minnesota.

I'm not sure with Jagr either, there was so much stirred up because of that. I don't think I'll be surprised if he kind of fades into the background...or breaks a hip. :whistle: Should be a good rivalry now though, with Talbot gone too!

The Richards debacle was ridiculous! Every five minutes it was "BREAKING NEWS ON RICHARDS," everyone trying to woo him, etc. I figured something huge would come his way, a little bit too much hype for my taste but hey, he might help the Rangers. Plus I didn't mind getting the other Richards on my team anyway!

And yes, female! :laugh: Just have to show some Drew Doughty love in my avi!

He'll play with Koivu and someone else on the top line, Koivu is becoming an underrated leader/ player in the league they'll hopefully put up points this year. And Harding is good to go as the backup, and we'll be less injured i hope we should be better.

The only thing i like about the Jagr thing, atleast he kept playing, not like some people who stop playing then come back and try again, so he's in some kind of hockey shape, to what extent is to be seen, i just hope it's not another foresberg thing :laugh:

Mike > Brad. You're so right. Mike is a more complete player, i don't like how brad plays the game, mike is an elite player in the NHL he might not get 100 points, but he kills penalties plays power play does everything you want a true player to do (Y) Brad is just kinda i don't know :idk:

That's awesome (Y) i'm always up for hockey talk here or in pm's btw. Doughty still not signed yet, that has to be kinda scary ain't it? I know the offer sheet compensation is a hefty price (3-4 first rounders) but for a franchise player like doughty? I'm surprised little news on that or Stamkos

He's a pleasure to watch, especially in the postseason. I'll have my eye on him now, and the Wild! Oh, and now Heatley for Havlat!?

The drama with the Pens organization was entertaining, that's for sure. But you're right, he's still pretty faithful to playing the game, Philly must be hoping he doesn't turn out to be a flop since they're overhauling their roster as it is. We'll have to see how he shows up on the ice!

I know the Kings also pushed for Brad, and I wouldn't hate him on my team -- just not for that price or that contract length.

It makes me feel a bit uneasy, honestly. I know any other team would be ecstatic to land Doughty and iron out his talents, but I want him to stay in LA while we're growing too. He's a part of the core. I'd hate it if he left, but I can't see Stamkos going anywhere at least. I like him for TB, he could see a Cup with them someday! I once wished it had been TB vs. Vancouver/SJ in the playoffs, actually.

I JUST READ THAT NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I don't like that at all. I hate Heatley, why :cry2:

Especially when you look that Philly also took Talbot from the pens who is a great 3rd/4th liner, that rivalry will be interesting this year. And that's what makes the least sense, you're putting in a brand new roster,use that 3.3 mil to resign a guy like Ville Leino, or make another smart move, Jagr has what 1 2 maybe 3 years? Sign a guy long term.

The kings have the pieces, and bigger issues to worry about then Richards. His contract is a bit long (mind you that's to lower the cap hit) and 6.6 mil a year like I said, a bit much for that type of a guy...

The thing with Doughty vs Stamkos is you got 2 elite young young players, but Doughty is rarer IMO as a true #1 defencemen who can still grow, Stamkos might've hit his roof and plateau a bit since scorer's (see ovechkin) usually do that Doughty still can go up up and up. I don't see anyone paying that high of a price though. Mind you, if you're a contender year after year, then giving up a bottom 10 #1 rounder isn't that much I think... :idk: A lot of teams still have money to make the moves.

I guess I won't even need to ask your feelings on that deal! :p

Apparently Doughty wants $7M....AKA to be the highest paid, even higher than Kopitar. After all he has said about loving the city and team in LA, I really hope he isn't going to try to Kovalchuk us and wrangle in some ridiculous contract.

We'll see how it pans out. If he plays then it's all good. If he doesn't which i expect him not too, then ya.

There's too much greed. Doughty isn't even fully proven yet, so $7mil is a lot to ask for, consider a fully established player like Brad Richards just got 6.6 mil. Doughty > Richards? Maybe in some respects, but still it's a ton to ask for just after you got the other Richards too, take less money make the team better. Doubt'll it'll happen though.

• 3 weeks later...

Issue with Doughty Vs. Stamkos Vs Weber Vs. Bogosian since they're all RFA's

Is Stamy is a 50 goal scorer that probably can hit 60ish if not 70 he hasn't leveled out.

Doughty is a bonafied #1 D-man, but has been inconsistent in his couple of years in the league so it's hard to judge the real value

Weber has been amazingly conisistent

and Bogosian kinda same boat as doughty but at a lower level.

I like the new Logo's and as for that thing that's idiotic :cain: Give them the records back.

All of this RFA business just really leaves you on the edge of your seat....and wishing it could be October faster!!

I don't like this Jets v.1 and Jets v.2 nonsense. Although it would be confusing, I still think they should've taken up a different name and franchise altogether, since the "real" Jets and their records moved to Phoenix. They kind of made a big mess out of it all.

All of this RFA business just really leaves you on the edge of your seat....and wishing it could be October faster!!

I don't like this Jets v.1 and Jets v.2 nonsense. Although it would be confusing, I still think they should've taken up a different name and franchise altogether, since the "real" Jets and their records moved to Phoenix. They kind of made a big mess out of it all.

I know eh? It looks so bad on the players that hold out this long because of greed that's all and it's stupid :cain: just take hometown and be done with it. It looks better on everyone when that happens..

and it should just all go back to them all the records selanne's and everything but alas :cain: The NHL is stupid like that.

Ya oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Still going on record saying the '09 win by the Pens was a setup and pure bullshit they were outplayed by Detroit and the reffing was some of the worst i've ever seen.

The bruins player with the save was my favorite moment for sure, just amazing saved the series.

The Vancouver last goal against chicago was horse shit way to stick your stick out :cain: That's what cost the Hawks the series one stupid play.

Datsyuk was amazing the whole playoffs broken wrist and he pulled off the far post goal that people couldn't even do with 2 full hands :| Amazing what a player he is.

And watching the canucks lose was amazing too :p/Watching Luo be an idiot in every game they lost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any predictions? I've got a good feeling about my Hawks.

post-490-0-1446078494-47659_thumb.jpg

The problem with the Hawks is that there playing in what's probably the best division in the league, they will play 1/4 of their games against the Wings, The Preds, The Jackets and The Blues(Those two should be playoff contenders). The Caps for exemple are playing 1/4 of their games against the awful Panthers, the weak Jets and the average Hurricanes. It might finally be San Jose year., that Power Play is gonna be deadly Burns, Boyle, Thornton, Couture and Marleau Ouch!