Bellazon

NHL

Capt Snow

• 2 weeks later...
The Pens look like they'll run away with the cup this year <_< I so hope they don't

Well, not necessarily. NJ spanked their butts last night. A lot can happen as the season progresses. It is extremely hard for teams to repeat as champions. ;)

Hi, TooBoku! I noticed that you posted in here, recently. I hope you have been doing well. :)

Halak is better then Price.

I say if the Canadians can get price going right before the trade deadline, trade him. Halak is the future, he's played better then Price since day 1. Price could redeem himself, but i still think Halak is the way to go.

Well:

A. Price is younger, by about 4 years, so he still needs time to develop i think. Halak waited for his chance and got time that Price didn't.

B. Price got thrown into the fire in montreal, bassically forced into taking away the #1 job from Huet a few years ago. Halak came up through the system and is better for that extra experience he got.

C. Either goalie will bring back high value, teams think they can save Price, and teams also think that Halak will only get better on a better team.

D. I do have to admit Montreal's defence is an issue, especially with no Markov

E. Montreal is maybe the 2nd or the hardest market to play in, besides Toronto possibly, so any starter there will be under fire.

F. If they do trade Halak, i'm saying bring in a veteran goalie, like a Ty Conklin maybe, help Price out. Conklin is a proven and reliable back up that could push Price to get better, while also teaching him many things he needs to know. But they need a veteran goalie in there for a season i say.

Ah my fault, it seemed like on the NHL 10 game they put Halak as older then price. My apologies.

Well maybe it's time to send Price down to AHL for some conditioning. Halak is proving he can take the load right now. Sanford can back up Halak, and price can get his confidence back (hopefully) in the AHL. Though that waiver problem and everything.....

I think a large part of the problem with Price is the fact that he got thrown in right away saying: Your going to be our goalie of the future, but we don't trust the guy we have now (Huet at the time) So we want you to take over this season. That's a lot of pressure to put on a young kid especially in a town like montreal, then Price had a miserable playoffs and i don't think his confidence has recovered since then.

In other news: Buffalo is really surprising me this season, i didn't expect them to be this good.

I think gainey and the team really do believe in Price, just the patience is wearing thin. After this season, Price HAS to get his head in the game, and train like he's never trained before he needs to be ready next season, cause all signs point to Halak leaving.

Craig Anderson is playing amazing, he played good on a decent florida team last year, he will bring Colorado back to their glory days in a couple years, maybe not a stanley cup, but they will contest in their division and Confrence from now on, they got a good young team with key veterans. Still, the Pens have taken over as the favorites year after year now. The Wings are finally being exploited on all fronts, lidstrom will leave soon, as will osgood and a few others, detroit has great depth though, but replacing some of those players may prove impossible or huge.

Price had an excellent game last night, hope he continues it.

Craig Anderson is a really good, agreed.

I remember at the beginning of the season hearing on the radio that the veterans on the Wings seem really motivated for this season because of the Penguins loss, I think they can still get it done.

The wings are still a great team, but I don't know if they can keep up anymore, especially with the shaky goal-tending this season. It's still early we shall see.

I'm hoping for another Wings vs. Pens rematch, that would be a great grudge match

• 2 weeks later...
I think gainey and the team really do believe in Price, just the patience is wearing thin. After this season, Price HAS to get his head in the game, and train like he's never trained before he needs to be ready next season, cause all signs point to Halak leaving.

Craig Anderson is playing amazing, he played good on a decent florida team last year, he will bring Colorado back to their glory days in a couple years, maybe not a stanley cup, but they will contest in their division and Confrence from now on, they got a good young team with key veterans. Still, the Pens have taken over as the favorites year after year now. The Wings are finally being exploited on all fronts, lidstrom will leave soon, as will osgood and a few others, detroit has great depth though, but replacing some of those players may prove impossible or huge.

Of course Gainey believe in Price, MTL were looking for a big Center in 05 (since '99 in fact), they got the 5 pick in the Crosby draft and they selected Price over Kopitar. Back then Gainey trade backup Garon for Bonk and Huet and Theodore a Vezina and Hart trophy winner was the no.1. Another factor is the incapacity of drafting a good player in first round since Saku Koivu (1993). Gainey's first rounder are really disapointing Kostitsyn (over Carter, Brown, Getzlaf, Perry, Richards, Seabrook, Burns, Kesler, etc. ). Kyle Chipchura (2004) do I need to say more? 2006's David Fisher is now playing as a 5-6 defensemen in college. McDonaght has been drated and Paccioretty (over hometown David Perron ) is very disapointing so far after a good first step in the league last year. I think Gainey is playing is job with the Price situation.

I think the pressure in Montréal is a little heavier than in Toronto, because we have no other major league team and we're a billingual city, so you can here people whine about yourself in french and in english, specialy on the radio were we have both a french and a english 24 hour sport only station. We also have 3 french speaking late tv show who speaks 99% of the time about hockey.

Concerning Pittsburg, I can't see how a team who can't manage to give Crosby better player than Guerin and Talbot/Fedotenko to Malkin can be seen as a favourite.

• 2 weeks later...