Dress Size: (US) 6 ; (EU) 36

Shoe Size: (US) 9 ; (EU) 40

Agencies: 1 Model Management

Chadwick Model Management - Sydney

Select Model Management

Advertisements: Gap Body, L'Oréal, Moschino, Target

Magazine Covers: Denmark: 'Cover' - November 2006

Fashion Shows: Spring/Summer 2005: {Betsey Johnson, Donald Deal, Venexiana}

Fall/Winter 2005: {Agent Provocateur, Camilla Staerk, FrostFrench, Jenny Packham, John Rocha}

Hobbies:

Notes: Jessica got her start in the business when she won a competition organized by Chadwick Models in Australia.

NEW FACE OF GUESS

Jessica Hart 21, is the new face of the fashion label Guess. She lives in New York with her boyfriend, Nicholas, and Yorkshire terrier, Charlie.

"There's an awesome view of the Empire State Building from our rooftop. There's no decking, you have to take your chairs up and press emergency buttons on the roof door to get out. We have barbecues up there.

"I moved here with my boyfriend, Nicholas. It's been just over a year. We live in Nolita ('North of Little Italy'). Nicholas is a photo re-toucher and musician in a band called Tamarama. He's Australian, too. He has friends here and a childhood mate who owns a great Australian cafe called Ruby's Cafe. They serve Vegemite on toast.

"I was born in Sydney and moved to Ballarat. I went to Ballarat Grammar for prep to year two and to Sophia Mundi Rudolf Steiner School in Collingwood until year nine.

"I won the Dolly modelling competition in 2000. My aunty took me to a shopping centre and entered me. She always wanted to take photos of me and I wouldn't let her. I have a gap in my teeth - I saw that as a down thing.

"In year 9, my school told me I had to choose between modelling and school - they wouldn't let me have any more time off. I was 15, and don't regret leaving at all. I went to Japan first. I've lived in Paris for four months and London for a year. It's part of the process: you do Europe to build your book (portfolio). You work with great photographers; and New York is the last stop.

"We eat out a lot. Having a two-foot-square kitchenette, cooking is not an option. There's a little Cuban restaurant called Cafe Habana, another Aussie restaurant, Eight Mile Creek, and a healthy spot called Rice. There's an awesome French cafe four doors down from us - Cafe Gitane. It has a tiny awning, and blue seats and tables. When the sun comes out, people swarm outside for a table. The coffee is the best you can get here.

"A normal modelling job consists of hair and make-up starting at 5.30am. On location, we shoot until there's no light, then drive home. If we're lucky, we'll have a hotel close to the location, which takes out the driving time. Otherwise, it's pretty brutal, from aeroplane, to car, to job and back again.

"I just did Italian Elle, and V magazine are about to profile me for 'Hot Girls in New York'. I'd average four or five castings a day. Yesterday I had one for Marie Claire magazine, an underwear ad, and I had to go to my agency to have a video taken for a job. I do my make-up and take my heels in a backpack. If the weather's nice I'll ride my bike. It's the quickest way to get around. You get so carsick in the back of a cab. I don't like the subway, especially if I'm doing castings and I'm done up wearing high heels. I feel violated with the amount of people staring at me. If I can drag my boyfriend to come with me, I'll take it because it's cheaper.

"Doing runway shows for fashion week is how you get seen. After show season, the campaign people are on the prowl. The Guess campaign is my best to date. I gatecrashed the casting. I was casting next door (for Motorola) and was waiting for my girlfriend. When she came out, I was like, 'Let's go for it'. It was a bit cheeky. The photographer called the agency. They wanted to test me, which was uncommon, on the beach in Hawaii. A week later I got the campaign.

"I'll stay here for a few years or as long as I can hold out in this business. I want to make enough money to come back to Australia and buy a house."

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...