Bellazon

Oluchi Onweagba
Thumbnail

funnyfan

I can't believe this beautiful Africn model doesn't have a thread yet! :drool:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/speci...pagina_4_1.html

OLUCHI ONWEAGBA

Birth country: Nigeria

Oluchi Onweagba's sensual face, perfect figure and infinitely long legs have helped her to the top of the fashion league, where she's modelled for everyone from Gianfranco Ferre to Gap.

Oluchi has come a long way since 1998, when, as a young 16-year-old she scooped the M-Net "Face Of Africa" contest. "I never thought I would be on a plane, I had no idea I would leave my mum, leave Lagos," says Oluchi, who was discovered selling bread on the streets of Lagos. "It happened all of a sudden."

"Face Of Africa" earned the 6ft 2in catwalk star � one of five children born to a nurse and a civil servant � a three-year, $150,000 modelling contract with Elite. And she's also set new standards for what's sexy in fashion. "I think I reflect a lot of African beauty," she says. "I am African. And I am beautiful."

post-133-0-1446026579-67582_thumb.png

post-133-0-1446026579-68438_thumb.png

post-133-0-1446026579-69721_thumb.png

post-133-0-1446026579-71488_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think Oluchi is gorgeous....

***Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Oluchi Onweagba is a true icon who proudly represents her continent in the international fashion industry. The super model’s life has been filled with many changes and transitions. Oluchi, the daughter of a civil servant father and mother who was a nurse, grew up in the suburbs of Lagos with her two brothers and sisters. She was a content high school student whose days were pleasantly filled with Coca-Cola, tennis, and Ping-Pong. Oluchi enjoyed taking commercial classes and planned her future as an entrepreneur. Despite her ignorance towards fashion and modeling, Oluchi accepted a friend of her family’s urging to compete in the 1998 M-Net Face of Africa competition. At the age of Seventeen, the Nigerian beauty won this prestigious continental modeling competition and has led quite a different life since. Elite Models Management awarded Oluchi a three-year modeling contract which sent her to the top of the fashion industry and she quickly became one of the most sought after model.

Oluchi, whose name means “Work of God”, has proven the prediction that she would follow the footsteps of Iman and Alek true. Shortly after her breakout competition, she graced the covers of Italian Vogue, I-D, Elle, Untold, Surface and also featured in Nylon, Marie Claire, Allure, and Vogue in a variety of different languages. Furthermore, Oluchi became the face of the campaigns for Gianfranco Ferre, Victoria’s Secret, Gap, Express, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor. Oluchi’s runway experience is also lengthy and impressive. She has worked with John Galliano, Christian Dior, Costume National, Chanel, and Giorgio Armani just to name a few. Similarly, the number and caliber of photographers she has worked with includes the likes of Steven Meisel, Nick Kight, and Patrick Demarchelier.

Oluchi is more than just a pretty face. Her remarkable humbleness and free spirit exudes a refreshing disposition to her captivating beauty and striking presence. Besides upkeeping of her successful modeling career, Oluchi is pursuing an associate’s degree and plans to continue her studying afterwards. If that is not enough, she serves Leap Africa and Nipro as an active member.

Oluchi continues to emerges as a successful and endearing young woman who appreciates her past and applies her gratitude and confidence towards her future. From a mere glance at her portfolio, it is apparent just how and why Oluchi has become one of the most successful and sought after model. As one impressive, Untoldagazine put it, Oluchi has a “Career in the top echelons of fashion” and, without a doubt, an exceptional future awaiting her.

Pikespeak, in order to embed images into the page you need to use image tags, the link should look like this when you post it:

this will allow it to load with the page, images displayed in this way must be no larger than 600 pixels in width. Anything over this size must be thumbnail or text linked.

Imageshack provides these links for you when you upload pictures as well as some other imagehosts. ;)

I'll also direct you Here which should help a little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...